E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Paid for Review?

08-18-2011, 01:42 PM   #1
greasemonkey08101
Rep
Drives: N54

Paid for Review?

I'm in the market for some wheels right now and was looking at reviews of shops that carry them. I made a couple calls and found that one of the shops, (well reviewed) offered me a price and then the sales guy said "if you can write me a good review I'll give you $xx. off". I'm tempted but what if I don't write up a good review or what if the order isn't right, will they take back the discount? Isn't that kinda like paying for reviews of service before you receive it?

Last edited by greasemonkey08101; 08-18-2011 at 01:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2011, 02:40 PM   #2
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 E93 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by greasemonkey08101 View Post
I'm in the market for some wheels right now and was looking at reviews of shops that carry them. I made a couple calls and found that one of the shops, (well reviewed) offered me a price and then the sales guy said "if you can write me a good review I'll give you $xx. off". I'm tempted but what if I don't write up a good review or what if the order isn't right, will they take back the discount? Isn't that kinda like paying for reviews of service before you receive it?
How high, or low, are your morals? We can't tell you that brother.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2011, 01:53 PM   #3
BMW72
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i XDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Well who made this offer now that you decided to post this ?
      08-24-2011, 12:59 PM   #4
MurderedOut
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 BMW E90, '09 BMW E60 528i

do it and if ur deals goes south than rat em out jus save ur msgs with the vendor WIN WIN
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2011, 03:30 PM   #5
jasonn
JDM Slut
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 e90 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Subject to interpretation.

If the shop offers this, more than likely:
  1. Shop is confident in customer satisfaction
  2. Wants to spread its name.
  3. Has no reason to believe you would be unsatisfied.
  4. Would be particularly keen to ensure you are satisfied..within reason of course

Of course, you should act in good faith as well. If you have a problem contact the seller first before posting your review. And if the seller resolves it to your satisfaction you can include that in your review as well.

There is no gray area here. Just act in good faith.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2011, 03:58 PM   #6
Fozzy
Waaka Waaka
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 xdrive & 2015 F15

I don't think many people on here would write a false review - regardless of the discount.

What good is a discount if the product, service, etc aren't any good.

From what I've read here people are pretty blunt...and a vendor can't take back a discount. They may simply be asking you to spread the word on what they know 99.9% of the time will be a good experience.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2011, 04:13 PM   #7
jasonn
JDM Slut
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 e90 335i

Garage List
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW72 View Post
Well who made this offer now that you decided to post this ?
^^If you've been keeping an eye on this subforum you will know who it is. It's quite obvious. Just look around--which sales rep gets the most love here? The next question is, "why does that sales rep get so much love?" I asked myself that question too when I saw so many positive reviews.

You see it takes a LOT for someone to make the effort to write a positive review--usually you get your shiz, you are satisfied, you do not wish to expend any further effort...unless the rep goes above and beyond to rectify the situation or to impart some sort of favor. Also if you read some of the positive reviews for the rep...some seem extremely hasty/forced/vague as if the review were written out of obligation.

On the other hand, it doesn't take much to write a negative review...often the rage and sense of being wronged is more than enough fuel.

Probably that sales rep takes a cut of his own profit to give you that discount. So that sales rep isn't doing anything wrong--he's just investing in future sales.

All this is just guesswork and conjecture but I don't think I'm too far off here
Appreciate 0