E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Forge Boost Hose 335d

11-13-2014, 03:21 PM   #23
Martin_335d
Registered
Rep
Drives: E92 335d M-Tech @ 280kW/800nm

Quote:
Originally Posted by new 335d m sport owner View Post
Our American cousins have already tried the hose and it would appear that the top connection has double O rings now.../,
Hi guys! New to that forum here, but I have been watching it for a while. So greetings to you all, my first post here (sorry for my English)!
As I had my 335d made a custom tune to approx 800nm/280kW (took about 2 hours programming and another 1,5h for testruns), the tuner guy said my car might suffer a boost leak. Indeed, I noticed oil drips on the ground where my car stays. Before the tune, I did change that bottom O-ring, but no help. Now I found out that Forge has made a nice solution and I ordered it.. I'm having two questions here:
1) Little confusing is the sentence: "have already tried the hose and it would appear that the top connection has double O rings now.." Can you please explain, does Forge made the upper part of the hose the modification for double-O-ring; is it just ta solution the Americans came up to (and if yes, did they modify something?); are the O-rings included or I should buy just 2 new original O-rings.
2) Found out, that besides the system has 2 O-rings from turbo (part no: 11618506786) to intercooler (part no: 11617791470), it also has seals from intercooler (part no: 11617790547) to intake (part no: 11617791469). The latter ones nobody speaks about, but should I change them as well or what is your experience guys about these seals?

Thanks!

Last edited by Martin_335d; 11-13-2014 at 04:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2014, 07:58 AM   #24
davidjaen
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 335d

Look my new forge boost pipe. It only need new bottom gasket, mine is green color.The upper is replaced by the two gaskets that has the aluminium part of the kit.

http://www.bmwfaq.com/threads/sonido...#post-14295274

Un saludo.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2014, 08:01 AM   #25
jackstrath
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 16' F31 340i & 03' Focus RS

Well I had my forge hose on for 2 months (about 1700 miles) and then with out warning it poped off tryed several times to put it back on but every time it seen boost it flew off again, took the hose up and noticed that when its flew off the sharp edge of the jubilee clip has nicked the hose , although it hasn't teared the hole way through this probably explains why I can't get it to seat right and tighten up the jubilee clip (this is on the bottom connection*)
This happened on Thursday night , I played about (in the rain) most of Friday morning , got fed up and ended up ordering a brand new pipe from Bmw , chucking it right on and boom issue fixed and full boost achieved again!

Going to try get the hose replaced under warrenty but it was bought through a eBay seller (business)
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2014, 09:42 AM   #26
Dan-
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335D, R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackstrath View Post
Well I had my forge hose on for 2 months (about 1700 miles) and then with out warning it poped off tryed several times to put it back on but every time it seen boost it flew off again, took the hose up and noticed that when its flew off the sharp edge of the jubilee clip has nicked the hose , although it hasn't teared the hole way through this probably explains why I can't get it to seat right and tighten up the jubilee clip (this is on the bottom connection*)
This happened on Thursday night , I played about (in the rain) most of Friday morning , got fed up and ended up ordering a brand new pipe from Bmw , chucking it right on and boom issue fixed and full boost achieved again!

Going to try get the hose replaced under warrenty but it was bought through a eBay seller (business)
Did it make a bang? when mine blew off EGR side foot flat to the floor at 10mph what a noise! felt like I hit a brick wall ahaha (btw this was before I used sealant) still running sweet no oil drips on nothing
206 1.4, Sport Ka, 206 Gti, focus 1.8, Vectra 1.9 CDTi, Corsa 1.8 Sri, 206 Gti 180, Impreza Blobeye Sti Widetrack, Clio 172 Cup Track Car, E92 335D, Impreza Hatch STI, Evo IX FQ360MR, E92 M3 Competition
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2014, 10:05 AM   #27
jackstrath
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 16' F31 340i & 03' Focus RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan- View Post
Did it make a bang? when mine blew off EGR side foot flat to the floor at 10mph what a noise! felt like I hit a brick wall ahaha (btw this was before I used sealant) still running sweet no oil drips on nothing

not really sure as when it first happened i had the music up , and was over taking someone and only when i looked in my rear veiw i noticed the reeek overload lol , then hear it leaking , once i put it back on it made the hiss noise followed by a big dump sound then back up on the jack to piss about some more ! was panicing abit as i was away for the weekend leaving that day!
Appreciate 0