E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Airbag/Seatbelt Light Constantly On | Corrosion Found Under Seat

02-12-2009, 08:39 PM   #1
rift
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i Black

Airbag/Seatbelt Light Constantly On | Corrosion Found Under Seat

Hi All,

I have a 2008 328i and recently my airbag light and seatbelt light are on constantly. I pulled up the rear seat and noticed it was a little wet near where the right seatbelt sensor is and was corroded. I dried it up and cleaned up the connector which was rusted but i still get that light. Do you think the connector is bad? Or a fuse? Does the light need to be reset?

Also coincidentally I noticed around that same time that my sound system on the right side is very staticy almost sounds like a blown woofer. I know the seatbelt connector connects in with the speaker it looks like, could that effect it you think? It was only corroded and rusted on the right side, which i why I ask.

Any advice would be great! Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2009, 08:53 PM   #2
SoCalTech
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Not a BMW yet...

Why not take it in under warranty?
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2009, 10:23 PM   #3
rift
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i Black

i brought it in, they said it wasn't covered because something must have "spilled" causing it to corrode, meaning it was my fault and not normal wear and tear. They wanted to charge me $1548 to replace everything. Kinda BS!!!

I am going to try a diff BMW tomorrow, but just wanted to get some input.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2009, 11:18 AM   #4
Kraems
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i ZPP ZSP 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rift View Post
i brought it in, they said it wasn't covered because something must have "spilled" causing it to corrode, meaning it was my fault and not normal wear and tear. They wanted to charge me $1548 to replace everything. Kinda BS!!!

I am going to try a diff BMW tomorrow, but just wanted to get some input.
Hey rift ... I have the same thing going on right now. Let me know what you find from the dealer, as I'm haven't been able to track down the issue yet. Thanks!
Appreciate 0