E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > Minneapolis-St. Paul Meet

01-21-2010, 07:14 PM   #111
ktan
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 M5

e92 Parts

Hey since you guys are having this at Imola. Are there any parts you wish to see? I've had requests for Umnitza Angel Eyes, black grills and painted corners.

I would be more than willing bring in a bunch of parts if there are any interest in them
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 07:43 PM   #112
MN BMW
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 Montego 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktan View Post
Hey since you guys are having this at Imola. Are there any parts you wish to see? I've had requests for Umnitza Angel Eyes, black grills and painted corners.

I would be more than willing bring in a bunch of parts if there are any interest in them
I think anything E9X specfic would be more than appreciated.

Myself, I've been interested in the usual: Filters (aFe), exhaust, and minor cosmetics (front lips).

Please do not feel obligated, you're more than generous for allowing us to use your venue!
      01-21-2010, 08:29 PM   #113
BSME90
Captain
Philippines
Rep
Drives: E90

Garage List
2007 328xi  [9.00]
Quote:

I was wondering if it is possible to have anyone at the shop install some angel eyes for my car. This installation would be for another time and not during meet. I would be interested in seeing air intakes and front lip kits for my car. Thanks for your generosity and thoughtfullness Kevin!
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 09:39 PM   #114
ajvee
Major
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:

+1 on black grills and I would love to see a set of VMR wheels if possible!
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 10:05 PM   #115
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 | E30 | E28 | E24

Quote:

Hey Kevin, do you think you'd be able to get a sample VMR wheel in gunmetal before the meet? I'd like to get those and the hyperblack next to the car in daylight to finally make a color decision! Also, any luck with the license plate bracket?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 10:36 PM   #116
ajvee
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRL-MN View Post
Hey Kevin, do you think you'd be able to get a sample VMR wheel in gunmetal before the meet? I'd like to get those and the hyperblack next to the car in daylight to finally make a color decision! Also, any luck with the license plate bracket?

Thanks
Are you talking about a front license plate? If so, I am guessing you are averse to drilling holes. I have a tow hook plate on my car that doesn't require any drilling, you can take a look at the meet.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 10:55 PM   #117
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajvee View Post
Are you talking about a front license plate? If so, I am guessing you are averse to drilling holes. I have a tow hook plate on my car that doesn't require any drilling, you can take a look at the meet.
The tow hook mount is exactly what I was thinking about. I'm having the final piece of the M-Sport kit added in a few weeks and would prefer not to drill the new front bumper - would be great to see one of these mounts first hand. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2010, 05:30 PM   #118
ajvee
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRL-MN View Post
The tow hook mount is exactly what I was thinking about. I'm having the final piece of the M-Sport kit added in a few weeks and would prefer not to drill the new front bumper - would be great to see one of these mounts first hand. Thanks!

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=321352

Here are some pictures to tide you over till our meet!
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2010, 09:06 PM   #119
ajvee
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick.CBR View Post
I used small velcro "squares" on the front for when I absolutly had to have a front plate on (long story) but I'm done with that nonsense. It honestly worked GREAT even through the daily car washes/high velocity driers. The ticket sucks though - I got a warning, never did anything about it and now it's up to 113 - lol - guess it's time to pay. I've been running the car with out a front plate since I got it and only got a warning once (which was a few months ago). Never had one on my Acura - zero issues with that car. Most cops don't really care unless they need a reason to pull you over at 2 AM when you're leaving the bar. Even then, in the city they don't care; it's just the cops in the 'burbs that are super bored that have the problem.

I hate that f-ing law here in MN.

Nick
I think I might switch over to the velcro method! You should consider patenting that Nick!
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2010, 09:47 PM   #120
BSME90
Captain
Philippines
Rep

Garage List
2007 328xi  [9.00]
Quote:
I hate that f-ing law here in MN.
I hear ya. I'm a bit hesitant about not running a front plate on my car. Cops are always curious seeing a blacked out bmw. I didn't run a front plan on my old MINI Cooper S. Never got hassled for that or for my 5% Tint.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2010, 09:24 AM   #121
MN BMW
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Uhhhhhhhhhhhh. WTF? BMW isn't even on the bill or the floorplan for the MPLS Autoshow??

http://www.twincitiesautoshow.com/exhibitors.php

Nick
That is not cool. Hopefully that will change.
      01-23-2010, 03:38 PM   #122
MN BMW
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Seems totally wrong. I mean, I understand when Ferrari doesn't come to our little "international" auto show but BMW not there? I mean I would at least expect a showing even if it was downsized or something?

It has to be wrong.

Right now I'm kicking around the idea of going to the Geneva Motor Show this year (in March). I have a ton of Delta SkyMiles and a buddy who's dead set on making platinum medallion this year - it's only 60K miles RT from MSP to GVA (of course that's not direct). I think it would be neat to go to a proper show in Europe. Kinda wish I hit Detroit this year but poor planning on my part... Never been to Switzerland before...

Nick
From what I remember, BMW's display at the Minneapolis Autoshow has been slipping in recent years. If my memory serves me correctly, they didn't even bring out the new M3. Just a few "run-of-the-mill" models.

The Geneva Motor Show would be an amazing experience. I would go simply for the chance to see the Alpinas! I love the B3! Plus, I hear the skiing is great!
      01-23-2010, 05:31 PM   #123
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep

I would agree, the last time I was at the show in 2008 I was less than impressed with the BMW stand. Nothing very interesting at all to be found. Surprising that they would not have any presence at all for 2010 though, one would have thought they would need all the help they can to sell that 5er Grand Turismo! I was hoping for a 335is to check out too...

If you do get to Switzerland there are some amazing driving roads up in the Alps. I had a blast up there a few years back with a rented Peugeot 307 diesel!
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2010, 08:26 PM   #124
ajvee
Major
Rep

Quote:
Hey Guys,

So I went to the boat show today (don't even bother). Anyway, I was coming home after dinner with some friends and then this happened:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=344013

I almost cried... Hopefully I can get a wheel from **********s by the end of next week before the meet.

Nick
Oh man, I am sorry Nick. That honestly doesn't look bad. If there are no cracks in the wheel, I would just take it to the wheel shop and have the bend removed. I had a bent rim on my infiniti (which had 19s as well) and it cost me about $175 to get the bend out. My rim was bad enough that the tire was leaking air. It was really professionally done and I couldn't tell that it was bent at all. Let me know if you want more information on this. Don't worry about it too much man.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2010, 08:58 PM   #125
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hey Guys,

So I went to the boat show today (don't even bother). Anyway, I was coming home after dinner with some friends and then this happened:

I almost cried... Hopefully I can get a wheel from **********s by the end of next week before the meet.

Nick

Sorry to see that man. I feel your pain, I had to replace the stock 17'' rim and tire on my previous E90 after running into a crater up in Rogers a few years back.

I assume you don't have runflats? A regular tire should be more forgiving to potholes, but might be a good idea to get it inspected just in case. Looking at the rim, an alignment check might also be a good idea, otherwise you could end up with uneven tire wear etc

The roads here really are brutal this time of year. I'm planning on a set of 19'' wheels this spring, but seeing things like this makes me think twice...

Good luck and hopefully you get it all sorted in time for the meet!
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2010, 09:38 PM   #126
ktan
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 M5

Hey Nick, i can get your alignment checked and mount and balance that tire once you get a replacement. Sorry to hear about the bad news.

Gary - 19" V701 in Gunmetal is on its way
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2010, 12:23 AM   #127
BrianMN
Banned
Rep
Drives: 4 Door Family Sedan

If the meet at IMOLA on the 30th is still on, Add me to the list!

I look forward to meeting other BMW Minnesotans!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2010, 12:24 AM   #128
airwolf878
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i

Quote:
Hey Guys,

Nick
Sorry about the wheel man... that sucks. The roads here are pretty brutal right now.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2010, 10:09 AM   #129
ajvee
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianMN View Post
If the meet at IMOLA on the 30th is still on, Add me to the list!

I look forward to meeting other BMW Minnesotans!
Yes it is still on. Meet at Imola at 11:30
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2010, 10:52 AM   #130
dfries
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: drove: e90 335i

Sorry about the rim Nick. Hopefully the replacement comes in time for the meet.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2010, 04:05 PM   #131
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hey Nick, i can get your alignment checked and mount and balance that tire once you get a replacement. Sorry to hear about the bad news.

Good news Kevin, looking forward to seeing how the gunmetal looks w/ Space Gray!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2010, 06:54 PM   #132
BSME90
Captain
Philippines
Rep

Garage List
2007 328xi  [9.00]
Quote:
Hmm, I may also take a look on how this looks on my car. I am looking for new summer wheels to roll on. I am growing old of my blacked out M3 CSL Reps.
Appreciate 0