E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Need suggestions for N52 tune

10-28-2023, 11:56 PM   #89
jakepowers
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

So the issue was not with the AA tune after all (at least it did not appear to be).

I had verified that I competed the drive cycle numerous times to set the readiness monitors (https://www.e90post.com/forums/showt...ght=Emissions)

I had cleared the previous catalyst codes after flashing the DME. I had not reset the adaptions. As a member on here had pointed out, that was worth a try.

Resetting the adaptions ended up setting the o2 readiness but not the catalyst monitors (which likely would never set without the presence of cats). I had never thought to do this as I was under the assumption that adaptions are related to engine performance/optimization, not emissions readiness and monitoring.

Anyway, 1 monitor in the “incomplete” state is allowed for cars to pass emissions in my state. So resetting the adaptions had saved me from selling my car lol.
Appreciate 0