E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > Bimmertech Rear Camera (just awesome)

12-13-2018, 06:20 PM   #1
beto3934
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black M3 E93 2013

Smile Bimmertech Rear Camera (just awesome)

Hello forum members, just wanted to share my experience while installing the EOM Integrated Rear Camera I got from Bimmertech. Even though is a bit price I wanted to say that is worth it. I have heard bimmer owners trying to get other rear cameras from other sites and I see they just get issues over and over while trying to get it up and running. First of all the Bimmertech camera arrived on time and the customer service is great. Most of the time I interacted with Patryck who BTW is an awesome guy. He was always there from start to beginning for questions and concerns, via email or phone he was available and responsive. While I was waiting for the camera to arrive I did a bit of research on line and watched a few Bimmertech videos on how to install the camera. Based on my experience I would recommend to try the camera before you remove all the parts to thread the cables from the trunk to the front console. Of course the front unit needs to be removed first to accomplish this test. Once you know everything is OK, go ahead and tackle the install. Make sure you watch a few videos as I did to get familiar with the parts to remove and how to get them apart. Bottom line, the camera is great. I have not experienced any delays while engaging reverse. some members have expressed a bit of slag that takes 1 to 3 seconds for the video to show, in my case the video I would say is almost immediately on the screen. The lines on the picture are also helpful. My M3 has rear sensors which also show on the screen the way it was before I installed the camera. Bottom line is you pay for what you get. This is a good product and my M3 E93 2013 now has a rear camera that looks a BMW stock camera. If you are on the market for a rear camera give Bimmertech a try, great customer service, great product, great experience. I'll buy again from them.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2018, 10:33 PM   #2
lnxguy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 335D

Sounds exactly like my $130 backup cam from the other thread. Most people who have problems usually have an issue with the install. Glad you're happy but way cheaper solutions out there for basically the exact same camera. They probably come from the same factory in China, lol.
      08-17-2020, 04:47 PM   #3
vcheng20
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by beto3934 View Post
Hello forum members, just wanted to share my experience while installing the EOM Integrated Rear Camera I got from Bimmertech. Even though is a bit price I wanted to say that is worth it. I have heard bimmer owners trying to get other rear cameras from other sites and I see they just get issues over and over while trying to get it up and running. First of all the Bimmertech camera arrived on time and the customer service is great. Most of the time I interacted with Patryck who BTW is an awesome guy. He was always there from start to beginning for questions and concerns, via email or phone he was available and responsive. While I was waiting for the camera to arrive I did a bit of research on line and watched a few Bimmertech videos on how to install the camera. Based on my experience I would recommend to try the camera before you remove all the parts to thread the cables from the trunk to the front console. Of course the front unit needs to be removed first to accomplish this test. Once you know everything is OK, go ahead and tackle the install. Make sure you watch a few videos as I did to get familiar with the parts to remove and how to get them apart. Bottom line, the camera is great. I have not experienced any delays while engaging reverse. some members have expressed a bit of slag that takes 1 to 3 seconds for the video to show, in my case the video I would say is almost immediately on the screen. The lines on the picture are also helpful. My M3 has rear sensors which also show on the screen the way it was before I installed the camera. Bottom line is you pay for what you get. This is a good product and my M3 E93 2013 now has a rear camera that looks a BMW stock camera. If you are on the market for a rear camera give Bimmertech a try, great customer service, great product, great experience. I'll buy again from them.
quick question...does the handle feel OEM after 2 years? i bought something similar on amazon but it felt really bad as the rubber is loose.
Appreciate 0