E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Used 335i xdrive, MT purchase questions

12-30-2012, 05:54 PM   #1
goskers
Rep
Drives: Honda Accord

Used 335i xdrive, MT purchase questions

I think I have found the E90 sedan that I have been looking for. I am looking for some specific information as to things that I should look for before a potential purchase.

The car in question is a 2010 335i xdrive with manual transmission. This car has been in an accident and I'm not sure of the severity at this point. Do you guys know if service work or accident damage has to be fixed at the dealer if it is still under lease?

Can you look up the factory build sheet with a known VIN?

Any other things that I should specifically look at before purchase would be greatly appreciated.

Joel
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2012, 01:46 AM   #2
Amini77
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White '13 550i

Garage List
2013 BMW 550i  [0.00]
Build sheet? like this http://bmwvin.com/ ?

Here's a similar situation someone I found on the web:

http://www.7machine.com/bmw/29835.html

Also you didn't mention if it's salvaged or not..if it's salvaged I certainly wouldn't buy it..no resale value to it
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2012, 03:34 AM   #3
goskers
Rep
Drives: Honda Accord

Fantastic! This was exactly some of the stuff that I was looking for.

This a not a salvaged title. The car fax info is said to be available so I hope to get this after speaking with the dealership today. Really a bit nervous on this as its a very expensive car for me and it's 850 miles away. I would be flying out to get it and having an inspection done before solidifying a deal.

The 3 that I'm considering still has a year of factory warranty left as its a 2010 model. Should I feel pretty confident that some things can still be fixed at BMW service if something should need addressed?

Anything else in particular that I should be really looking for on a 335xi before purchase?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0