E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Question on Premium Package

03-25-2007, 10:11 AM   #1
Xanith
Rep
Drives: 335

Question on Premium Package

I am thinking about changing my order and not including the Premium Package and just getting the BMW Assist w/ Bluetooth.

Please correct me if I am wrong but according to the bmw web site the premium package includes:

* 4-way adjustable power lumbar support for front seats
* Leather upholstery
* Interior and power-adjustable folding exterior mirrors with automatic-dimming function; digital compass
* Integrated 3-button Universal garage door opener
* BMW Assist is a Global Positioning System and wireless communication system for Automatic Collision Notification, Emergency Request, enhanced Roadside Assistance and Stolen Vehicle Recovery services. Bluetooth® wireless technology is standard with the BMW Assist option. For more information on BMW Assist, click here
* Bluetooth® Wireless Technology
Bluetooth® is a wireless communications technology that connects mobile phones enabled with Bluetooth® to a vehicle for hands-free calling. For more information on Bluetooth®, click here

I'll break these down piece by piece.

* 4-way adjustable power lumbar support for front seats
I can do without the adjustable lumbar support.

* Leather upholstery
Where does this actually add leather to the car? The 335 already comes standard with leather seats..

* Interior and power-adjustable folding exterior mirrors with automatic-dimming function; digital compass
* Integrated 3-button Universal garage door opener
The only thing I would really miss here is the digital compass built into the mirror. I really like just being able to glance up and see which direction I am heading. But I also plan on getting the navigation system so this shouldn't be a big deal. folding mirrors and dimming is not a big deal to me. I really don't need fancy garage door opening features either, my one garage door opener works fine.

* Bluetooth® Wireless Technology w/ BMW Assist
I really do want this option but it appears I can get this for only $750 which may be a better deal then spending the $2.5k on the prem. package.

Is there something I am missing here or does it not seem worth $1,500 for lumbar support and fancy mirrors?
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2007, 10:38 AM   #2
DrGP
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Sapphire 335i coupe

Actually , if you are getting leather seats, it is a $1450 option. The PP only adds $1000 to the MSRP. Add the $750 for blue tooth and the rest only adds another $250 for the package. If you go the the build your own BMWASA page you will see when you pick leather(which is not standard on the 335i) and add PP, the MSRP only increases by $1000. I believe the PP is worth it.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2007, 10:39 AM   #3
matt_435xi
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Perfomance Model 3

Garage List
no the 335i does NOT come with leather standard? its another 1450 without the Prem. Package.

do your homework before posting?!

*RETIRED* 2015 435xi GC [f36] | 2012 335i [f30] | 2009 z4 35i [e89] | 2007 335i coupe [e92] | 2001 325Ci [e46] *RETIRED*
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2007, 10:57 AM   #4
Daya
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335 space gray/coral red

Garage List
2007 E92 335  [9.66]
like the previous posts, leather is NOT standard. Leatherette is standard, the real deal is extra.

If you see value in leather and bluetooth, you definitely need to get the premium package then.

I opted for leather only instead of the PP, I personally don't see value in BT for myself (I use BT headset on calls) as I do not want to share a phone conversation with the caller or passengers.

All of the other things (lumbar support, dimming mirrors, compass, garage door opener, bmw assist) didn't appeal to me to the point of spending the extra $1000.

I am using that $1000 for H&R Springs and front aero kit lip spoiler

GIAC S2 | Brembo GT BBK 355/345 | BBS CH-R | Michelin Pilot Super Sports | AR Design: DP, S1 Oil Cooler, OCC | AMS FMIC | Bastuck Quad Exhaust | Borla MP | KW V1 | Stett: CAI, CP | Forge DV | P3 Boost Gauge | Arkym: Front Lip, Rear Quad Diffuser | Vorsteiner CSL Trunk | LUX H8 | ModMyNav | MFD M3 Sideskirts | BMW M-Tech Front/Rear Bumpers, Edition Grills
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2007, 04:00 PM   #5
Brett
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2000 BMW 323 CiC

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_335Ci View Post
no the 335i does NOT come with leather standard? its another 1450 without the Prem. Package.

do your homework before posting?!
Actually if the OP is talking about a convertible he is correct. However, the convertible PP price does not include Leather and makes no mention of it. So I doubt he is talking about convertible, just wanted to chime in

-Brett