E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > PSA: Oil pan bolt missing from kit!

09-04-2021, 08:37 PM   #1
eljay
Colonel
Rep
Drives: ///M + E91

Exclamation PSA: Oil pan bolt missing from kit!

I was about to start on the install of my oil pan gasket and oil pan and I laid out all the bolts from the kit I got: Rein part # CRP-HWK0003 and OEM part #: 11132210959. I was told (and RealOEM confirms also) that this is the compatible kit.
My car is a 2009 328xi with manual transmission.
When I compared the bolts in the kit with the ones I removed from my oil pan, there is one bolt missing. It's M8x36 size. The part number for it is 11137559537.
I wish I read all the reviews on FCP that complain about this. Also other cars like E60 need one M8x40 bolt that is missing for those models too.
It's crazy that even the official BMW kit is missing these!!
So, here I am hoping to start the re-assembly over the long weekend, only to have to wait till Tuesday to order it at the dealer and likely resume my work next weekend. Really pissed!

My question is, would I be able to still install the gasket and tighten all the bolts except this one missing bolt and then add it a week later? Or would it cause any trouble at that spot later? I will not be filling the car with oil until that bolt is there.
It would help me as I could start re-assembling everything else (diff, axles, subframe etc.)
Appreciate 0