E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Valeo Clutch kit conversion

09-15-2021, 03:08 AM   #1
P44O
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW e90 328i

Valeo Clutch kit conversion

Hey guys I recently replaced my clutch and flywheel with the Valeo Single mass conversion kit but now that it’s all done the car ran great for a good two weeks but now my car won’t shift gears, it feels like when the master cylinder goes bad except the pedal feels normal and there’s no leaks, I tried bleeding the slave and nothing seems to make it better. Anyone got any ideas or has tan into a Sunil at problem???
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2021, 08:30 PM   #2
charlie_m
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 328ix

How did you bleed the slave? Did it the clutch suddenly stop disengaging or did it gradually get worse (shifts getting harder and harder)?
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2021, 08:22 AM   #3
neilvan
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 335i M-Sport 6MT RWD

Garage List
Is the shifter tight at all? Possibly parts of the linkage came loose/wasnt fully tight
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2021, 06:04 AM   #4
P44O
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie_m View Post
How did you bleed the slave? Did it the clutch suddenly stop disengaging or did it gradually get worse (shifts getting harder and harder)?
I bled it by attaching a clear hose to the end of the slave cylinder, opening the bleed nut and having someone step on the clutch pedal then closing the nut and having the person let go of the pedal and just repeated it until there was no more air coming out. The clutch got gradually worse. Also sorry for the very very late reply
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2021, 06:08 AM   #5
P44O
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilvan View Post
Is the shifter tight at all? Possibly parts of the linkage came loose/wasnt fully tight
No, I can move it around normally when the car is off. The car in your picture is just like mine hehe I love it also sorry for the oh so late reply
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2021, 10:33 PM   #6
charlie_m
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 328ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by P44O View Post
I bled it by attaching a clear hose to the end of the slave cylinder, opening the bleed nut and having someone step on the clutch pedal then closing the nut and having the person let go of the pedal and just repeated it until there was no more air coming out. The clutch got gradually worse. Also sorry for the very very late reply
Did you check the fluid in the master cylinder? It has to be very high to flow over into the clutch side.

When I bleed a clutch, I've had good luck this way:
* press the clutch pedal,
* open the slave bleeder,
* close the bleeder,
* release the pedal
* check M/C fluid level
* repeat

This will use the diaphragm spring to push the fluid out the bleeder. The diaphragm spring is the only thing that can generate pressure in the clutch hydraulics
Appreciate 0