E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Problem after brake pads change

05-07-2018, 06:20 AM   #1
blackangel18
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Problem after brake pads change

Hey guys, I probably need some help. I changed the front brake pads last week and didnt open reservoir cap when pressing the pistons back. After that my brake pedal started to go to floor when pressed hard for longer time..but the bigger problem is my almost new clutch started slipping. I know the pedal problem can be just air in ABS and I will bleed abs very soon to see but isnt it strange that pedal only goes slowly down after some time of pressing it? Is there a way to test the MC?

After the brake pad change I had two puddles of brake fluid under car. One was next to the FL wheel and was 100% from the reservoir cap because the reservoir was wet. The second one was in the middle of the car, probably where the hole for oil change is in the cover. Is there something i could have broken which leaked brake fluid on clutch and caused the slipping? I dont have a brake fluid leak since that day, it was only after I pressed the pistons (both at the same time :/) back with cap on.

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2018, 12:47 PM   #2
mikesunboxing
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: e90 320d a35

Did you sort out the problem? I am in the same boat i think :-(
Master Cylinder seals?
Appreciate 0