E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Help!! Car won't turn on!

05-25-2018, 06:15 PM   #1
L3gionofboom
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 335I n55 6at

Help!! Car won't turn on!

Hi, I've been running into some issues with my car. A couple days ago i changed my water pump and pullys and belts. Everything ran fine until I needed to move it from my drive way and into the street it turned on sputtered and then shut off. And it won't turn back on. Thinking my battery was dead, I tried to jump start it but that didn't work. So I bought a new battery and nothing still works. When I try to turn it on. It just makes a clicking noise... I was able to pull some codes from it.

38a4
Cd95

Does anyone know what it may be?
I'm fbo btw with jb4
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2018, 06:27 PM   #2
Emilime75
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i E92 LeMans Blue

38a4 is IBS
Cd95 is cruise control

I googled those, by the way...see what I did there? 😉

If it's just clicking, and not cranking, but you've confirmed the battery is good and charged, I'd be looking at the IBS. Pretty common to fail.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2018, 05:45 AM   #3
BashShah
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i Sedan

Possibly starter.
Tap the top the starter from the top.
You should be able to see it from top.
Last space in the intake manifold between clyn 5 and 6.

I lightly tapped it with a long socket extension and tapped it lightly twice with a hammer.

If it starts, its your starter.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2018, 12:31 AM   #4
electr0n1ck
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335xi

New to this site don’t where to post

So was driving on highway, then engine malfunction light came on > low oil pressure > Battery Low.. car shuts off.. pull to the side and it’s pissing oil on passenger side..

Towed it to garage, cleaned out engine with engine degreaser .. added new oil .. car won’t turn on.. i hear the starter motor but car won’t crank.. what could it possibly be.. what are the possible reasons ?
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2018, 12:53 AM   #5
electr0n1ck
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335xi

Repairs that were done to car in the last year:

Radiator
Upper & Lower Hose
Water Pump
Timing chain
New Serpetine belt
New valve cover gaskets
All gaskets and seals around engine

Sometimes between 2000 to 1000 rpm i would hear a clicking noise
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-09-2018, 07:04 PM   #6
Josegut303
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 Bmw 335i E90 N55

I have a 2011 Bmw 335i e90 N55

I went in and did my spark plugs, and decided to change my oil. But before that I replaced my oil filter housing gasket. After I did all of that and set the car on the ground, i noticed I still had a small leak. So I let the car idle for a few minutes to let the oil heat up and run through the engine. Suddenly the oil leak got significantly worse. There one oil all over the front end of my engine. And on my hood and a little puddle of oil building next to the oil filter. I lost about 1 quart or 2 of oil. So after this I realized it was my oil cooler gasket. But now my problem is my car won't start i got a warning to turn off the car due to low oil so I did. Then when I went turn on the car again it didn't start. Just clickes and the dashbroad flickers then stop a second later. Also i heard the water pump moving coolant around, but the car won't start. Water pump is new so any ideas on my my car won't start?
Appreciate 0