E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Fuel pump going bad? Options?

04-15-2017, 12:45 PM   #1
bryanssilva
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 335is

Fuel pump going bad? Options?

hey guys so Iv'e been logging and I have been using the MHD E40 map and have just been putting in no more than 6 gallons of e85. Iv'e been wanting to upgrade to a fuel it stage 2 but I'm kind of confused on which option to get... Here are some logs of my fuel low pressure falling below 50:

http://www.datazap.me/u/bryanssilva/...ata=3-12-21-22

Here are some I did yesterday with 91 also falls below 50:

http://www.datazap.me/u/bryanssilva/...ata=3-12-13-22

So I'm pretty sure that means its going out correct? So I was wondering hat I should do? As far as the stage 2 fuel pumps what option should I get? I know there is a E-SERIES 135I AND 335I STAGE 2 LPFP UPGRADE, N54 535I (E60) STAGE 2 LPFP UPGRADE, and a E-SERIES 135I AND 335I STAGE 2 BUCKETLESS LPFP UPGRADE....

Here are my questions: Will rebuilding my fuel pump fix it? Or should I trade it in? Whats the difference between the bucketless and non bucketless & e60 one... I don't mind trading mine in I don't see why I would need to keep the stock one.. I also don't mind having it rebuild just not sure if rebuilding it will fix the problem of the lpfp falling below 50. What do you guys recommend? What should I do/ get? I may upgrade to pure turbos if my turbos go out but if everything goes good I'm pretty sure I'll stay stock turbos. Got a 335is DCT so power will be there

Thanks guys and sorry for the long post.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2017, 03:37 PM   #2
Blue E92
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335is e92

Garage List
2012 BMW 335is  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanssilva View Post
hey guys so Iv'e been logging and I have been using the MHD E40 map and have just been putting in no more than 6 gallons of e85. Iv'e been wanting to upgrade to a fuel it stage 2 but I'm kind of confused on which option to get... Here are some logs of my fuel low pressure falling below 50:

http://www.datazap.me/u/bryanssilva/...ata=3-12-21-22

Here are some I did yesterday with 91 also falls below 50:

http://www.datazap.me/u/bryanssilva/...ata=3-12-13-22

So I'm pretty sure that means its going out correct? So I was wondering hat I should do? As far as the stage 2 fuel pumps what option should I get? I know there is a E-SERIES 135I AND 335I STAGE 2 LPFP UPGRADE, N54 535I (E60) STAGE 2 LPFP UPGRADE, and a E-SERIES 135I AND 335I STAGE 2 BUCKETLESS LPFP UPGRADE....

Here are my questions: Will rebuilding my fuel pump fix it? Or should I trade it in? Whats the difference between the bucketless and non bucketless & e60 one... I don't mind trading mine in I don't see why I would need to keep the stock one.. I also don't mind having it rebuild just not sure if rebuilding it will fix the problem of the lpfp falling below 50. What do you guys recommend? What should I do/ get? I may upgrade to pure turbos if my turbos go out but if everything goes good I'm pretty sure I'll stay stock turbos. Got a 335is DCT so power will be there

Thanks guys and sorry for the long post.
E60 is for the 5 series. So you will either need the stage 2 bucket or bucket less for 135/335. The normal stage 2 is a stock bucket with an upgraded pump. This means the pump also maintains a fuel level in the bucket. The bucketless will flow slightly more than the bucket but it is the same pump. However it will have trouble at low fuel levels. If you don't plan on going super crazy a stage 2 bucket should be fine. There are 3 options for stage 2:
1. Send your bucket to be rebuilt.
2. Get a rebuilt one sent to you and send back your old pump. ( core charge returned once old pump sent back)
3. New build using a new bucket.

Last edited by Blue E92; 04-15-2017 at 03:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2017, 03:40 PM   #3
V.I.335is
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 335is

If you're gonna be running a e85 blend, just upgrade to the stage 2 fuel-it lpfp. The stock fuel pump isn't really designed to run too much e85 like that. That's why your fp is dropping below 50 in your logs. A e85 map calls for more fuel than a regular 91/93 Oct map, so rebuilding your stock pump won't really solve your issue.
Appreciate 1