E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > Misfiring issue

06-04-2018, 07:16 AM   #1
xfrieddoughx
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i/2008 bmw 335xi

Unhappy Misfiring issue

hey guys,I need some help,Quick! I came home from school,And turn off my car.I have work 30 minutes l8tr.When I go to start it up.Very rough idling.I was like ok lemmie maybe drive it.I drive it down the street and immediately turn back around as I was scared.I love my car and care about it alot.So i brought it back home and used a backup car to go to work.Had my dad check out the ignition coils.He said one of them was ripped.So we replaced it the next day.I get up stupid early around 6:00 in the morning cause I was worried and could barely sleepFound out the 2 codes was on cylinder 1 for misfire. (picture).I was sitting there trying to talk too people on forums and get some help.I then talked to the person that owned a indy shop.He gave me a bunch of things to try Change spark plugs change coils around.Did it all.And then he said run psj thru the air intake.I dont have compressed air to do that.Then he ask me does it idle roughly at high rpms I tell him only between 1-3k rpms.He says u should of told me that at first.He said u could probably drive it down to me and it will b okay just worried that u might have to drive back with a misfire still.I drive it there 40 minute drive,And then he did a few test looked at everything and even showed me a photo of the wires,that looked to be fucked by precious owner.(picture)

And then..I ask him about this he has no clue claims he never had any issues with the car and whatnot(he did not wanan drive it in the winter)

The indy shop,does more test and then they finally run a compression test..They told me,after a 20 minute wait of nothing but being worried.Cylinder 1 and 2 compression readings are 130 and cylinder 5 is on it's way too.Me not thinking I was just worried and felt like dieing.He said the best thing to do is buy a new engine or just get rid of her.. $2,000 to replace the engine and including labor..I drive back home..worried not knowing what to do..

30 minutes later I'm home..Already missed my first car meet (Euros in the park) it was already around 3:00 so I went to the other one I had planned for the day.Burnouts and Burnies.to take my mind off my car for a bit.What so ya know surrounded by dozens of bmws and cars and of course several hours of burnouts and blow tires lol.I saw a e92 that looked beautiful and then removed my post of my car that I put up...Afterwards the meet I put up a post on a fb group.several people offering me 2k or asking me to part out my car.. next day I had a guy help me.I put Seafoam in cylinder 1 and 2. he also told me,make sure u have the right ignition coil.Turns out,AUTOZONE Gave me the wrong dam coil pack(should of expect that last one they had in stock)turns out it was for a different car..I took it back waited several minutes and still they had nothing..

Now I'm here! Lost and worried and dont know wtf to do!! I hope maybe he was lieing about the compression and saying 130 because he wants me to get rid of it and hates the 2006 models(first production)..

I'm thinking maybe it's a fuel injector..if it's not I guess I should just rebuild the engine..I'm lost and really need some help.I love my car and dont wanan sell it..Just want to resolve this issue..Please help me Anything will be appreciated if u can help me!!!

Car currently has 152,620 Miles
It is an 2006 BMW 325i.
Attached Images

Last edited by xfrieddoughx; 06-04-2018 at 07:31 AM..
Appreciate 0