E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > MFactory LSD

11-15-2017, 10:51 PM   #155
feuer
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: wife crazy!

MFactory why you omit answering my question referring to an USA customer, note Australian. Is recent complaint, not issue resolved a year ago. Have that been resolved and how? You call me broken record. Well of course I have to keep repeating when you aren't answering questions. What is next? You will call me arguing semantics? You provided services, assistance, repair, all for a fee. Is business. Is proffit oriented. That is not help. Help is me reaching out to techwhiz saying hey buddy come to my place, I have bolts from my Evo X LSD, we can swap them out, no cost, free.
So, again, let us know how was that resolved. 90% labor covered. Why?
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2017, 11:04 PM   #156
MFactory
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

My apologies, I did not realise you were referring to that particular post.

As with all warranty claims with any company, we require the customer to follow the warranty procedures. Only then, can we resolve the issue and submit a warranty claim for reimbursement

If the customer does not want to follow these procedures, then how are we supposed to help them?

And yes, as a business, we have to charge a fee. This does not mean we did not help the customer I.e they either pay us the small amount we charged to help them, or they pay thousands for a new replacement

Help does NOT automatically mean free

At the end of the day, you may wish to dislike us all you like, thinking we do not help our customers nor stand by our products, but that is just simply NOT the case, as we have helped EVERY customer under warranty, provided they follow the correct warranty procedures. So yes, your posts are just like a broken record

Last edited by MFactory; 11-15-2017 at 11:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2017, 08:16 AM   #157
feuer
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: wife crazy!

Oh,ok?, so safety recall is equal to warranty (in this case) thus customer need to follow specific procedures instead of manufafturer voluntarily initiating the repair process no questions ask.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2017, 08:18 AM   #158
Kevin39
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by feuer View Post
lol seriously you are asking me this?
Yes, I'm seriously asking you this. You're delusional if you expect companies to supply free parts or pay for labor when someone else's product fails.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2017, 10:15 AM   #159
MFactory
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by feuer View Post
Oh,ok?, so safety recall is equal to warranty (in this case) thus customer need to follow specific procedures instead of manufafturer voluntarily initiating the repair process no questions ask.
This is a voluntary recall, as it has only affected a small ratio of customers. Over that 12 month period, we sold over 1500 units of the 2 affected LSD part numbers worldwide. To date, we have processed under warranty only 1% of those. That's 1% in 3 years.

It is up to the customer whether or not they wish to take it further. "If" they are not having issues but still want to send in their carrier for us to check, we will more than happily check it over for them free of charge. "If" something is wrong with it, we will more than happily rebuild it for them free of charge and process a reimbursement claim.

So what else do you require us to do that we've not already done?

I'm not sure what your experience is with doing business, but if you expect any company to "voluntarily" initiate a no questions asked repair process in which they have to foot a bill upfront for 99% of unaffected customers (do the math. Average cost of labour + shipping is $700. That comes to just over $1m), then something is seriously wrong with you. Unlike the "Big 3", we don't get government bailouts...
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2017, 10:57 AM   #160
atmosphericM
Basic Bimmer
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 328i 6MT ///M

Garage List
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2018, 02:19 PM   #161
datbimmer
Wastegate Rattle
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i m6t nav sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFactory View Post
This is a voluntary recall, as it has only affected a small ratio of customers. Over that 12 month period, we sold over 1500 units of the 2 affected LSD part numbers worldwide. To date, we have processed under warranty only 1% of those. That's 1% in 3 years.

It is up to the customer whether or not they wish to take it further. "If" they are not having issues but still want to send in their carrier for us to check, we will more than happily check it over for them free of charge. "If" something is wrong with it, we will more than happily rebuild it for them free of charge and process a reimbursement claim.

So what else do you require us to do that we've not already done?

I'm not sure what your experience is with doing business, but if you expect any company to "voluntarily" initiate a no questions asked repair process in which they have to foot a bill upfront for 99% of unaffected customers (do the math. Average cost of labour + shipping is $700. That comes to just over $1m), then something is seriously wrong with you. Unlike the "Big 3", we don't get government bailouts...
I just quoted you to make sure you get a notification.

I have an 03/07 MT 335i. I am looking to get your LSD soon. I was told 03/07 is welded so i sourced a 12/06 diff which should be bolted.
I was looking to buy from these guys since they're already in Canada and I won't have to deal with border fees/taxes.
https://www.n54tuning.com/factory-bo...lical-lsd.html
I am guessing this is the right one as long as I choose the right things in the dropdown ? Do you still have a group buy at the moment ?

2007 335i E92 Sport, CIC, 6MT, DOCRACE6266 Spacegray/Black
2009 335i xDrive Black/Black Nav AT Individual
Gf: 2011 335i Xdrive Mpack,Nav AT Alpine/SaddleBrown
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2019, 10:26 AM   #162
Red_Bean_Bun
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92

Subbed ...
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2019, 11:04 AM   #163
Kevin39
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Bean_Bun View Post
Subbed ...
To a thread that hasn't been active in nearly a year?
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2019, 11:09 AM   #164
Red_Bean_Bun
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin39 View Post
To a thread that hasn't been active in nearly a year?
Is that a problem ?
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2019, 02:35 PM   #165
Kevin39
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Bean_Bun View Post
Is that a problem ?
Well no, obviously not. But in the future, at the top of the page you can subscribe without posting and bumping the thread. I didn't know that for awhile either.