E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > E91 330i Brilliant, but!

06-04-2023, 02:49 PM   #1
Keep-on-Clapping
Registered
Rep
Drives: E91 330i

E91 330i Brilliant, but!

Hi folks.

Brief intro. Fancied a new motor and had always loved the look of the e91. After alot of thought I decided I wanted the n52 and I hunted down a 330i in need of a bit of tlc as I like a project. I also have another ongoing project a mk5 gti.

So I've set about sorting a few bits, although I've been pretty busy over the last few months finishing coursework but ive managed to replace the disa, starter, associated gaskets, cleaned throttle body and removed the horrendous, tat, tinted indicators. I also fitted a genuine battery.

Now I'm a stickler for doing things right so I have tried to register the battery and code it in, however I have hit a bit of a problem. I suspected a previous owner may have enjoyed a bit of retrofitting as I do not believe the I drive to be correct for the year, 2006. It appears to be a cic. Now I presume this upgrade requires changing modules out and here is the issue. The cas and frm are coming back as a e89, whereas other modules are e91. I think this maybe why I can't code my battery. I will pop up screenshot tommorrow, but before then can anyone steer me right. I don't understand bimmers coming from vw world. Would you change these modules wen retrofitting new I drive. Perhaps someone could suggest a reliable coder who could sort this? Tia.
Appreciate 1
      06-19-2023, 02:45 PM   #2
pmorg4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Touring LCI

E89 is correct, it represents the series from an electronics perspective. All E90, E91, E92, E93 will show as E89 in NCS Expert.

You are correct however that your car shouldn't have CIC (which came in with the LCI on the E91), it's possible that a previous owner has retrofitted it as it's a far better system than the CCC that came on the pre-LCI.
Appreciate 1