E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > ***NOW HAPPILY RESOLVED*** My awful experience at Sytner Harold Wood - please help!

06-12-2009, 08:50 AM   #45
Steve748
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Corvette & Jeep Commander

Wafik,
DO NOT WASTE ANY MORE TIME WITH THAT USELESS DEALER, GET IN TOUCH WITH BMW GB AND GET THEM INVOLVED.....
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2009, 09:46 AM   #46
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Garage List
The Sytner Group should be ashamed of themselves for the way they have conducted this whole affair.

I will never, ever, entrust a member of the Sytner group with my car.
      06-12-2009, 09:48 AM   #47
SiKkBaSs
GTR'in it
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Nissan GTR Black Edition

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Get at em Wafik. This is taking the p***. There's only so much I would take. I'd start going the legal way. This type of behaviour requires a certain amount of legal threat. Absolutely unacceptable.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2009, 10:53 AM   #48
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wafik View Post
I have called the dealer 3 times yesterday to speak to the manager and always get told they will pass a message - but never got a call from the manager as of yet. Now the lady i spoke to said she will get the manager to call me...so for now i just have to wait for that call....
Sorry to hear of your problem, Wafik. I've been in a similar rubber dinghy with a slow leak (the dinghy, not the roof) but with five different service departments. Hope you get better results than I did.

I'd call the dealership every hour on the hour starting at 8 AM until I spoke personally with the manager. Then, if no luck with that, I'd call every half hour on the half hour the next day, every fifteen minutes the third day. Eventually you'll either get the manager to take your call or shut down the switchboard where they can't get anyone calling in. That alone might just be a service to others.
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2009, 11:42 AM   #49
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
I have heard some bad things about this dealer before. Totally unimpressed.
      06-12-2009, 01:02 PM   #50
miopyk
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 987 Boxster & R56 Cooper S

Wafik,

I'm sorry but I skimmed this thread so this may have been suggested already. I have an e93 and it also has a leaking roof. If my dealer is to be believed this is a known issue and BMW in Germany has issued redesigned seals which they have just fitted to my car. They've had the car 3 weeks so far and I'm expecting to pick it up next week.

My car is financed through BMW finance and the stance I took with them is that they own the car and if they didn't want a rusting, stinking heap back at the end of my contract then they needed to step in and get the issue resolved.

The current situation is that if they fix it I'm in line for some compensation and if they don't I'm in line for a replacement car.

Based on the issues you've had with the dealer I would be inclined to tell BMW GB that you no longer have faith in their (the dealers) ability to resolve the issue and want the issues resolved directly by BMW GB. Get hold of the most senior person you can at their HQ in Bracknell and bend their ear (politely) until you get what you want.

Fortunately my dealer seems a bit more switched on than yours and to be fair they have been flexible with alternative transport. I had a 335d for the first 2 weeks and now have a 1 convertible.

Drop me a line if you need more info.

Miopyk
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2009, 02:45 PM   #51
wafik
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 ZCP / R56 JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve748 View Post
Wafik,
DO NOT WASTE ANY MORE TIME WITH THAT USELESS DEALER, GET IN TOUCH WITH BMW GB AND GET THEM INVOLVED.....
Ive contacted BMW CS but just have to wait to hear more news.....

However now there is a new issue with the car which is really driving me mad!! My brakes now squeak when i drive upto about 20mph, so all i can hear now is this horrible sound that i have had to shut my windows all today...dont even want to drive the car!! Ive told them now and they said to bring the car to check brakes on monday.....havent even done 5k yet, and my rear discs make this horrible noise, i think the pads are touchin the discs as i drive and thats why my discs now worn out bad!
      06-12-2009, 03:46 PM   #52
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT

Garage List
Damn! Such a beautiful color car, too.
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2009, 04:03 PM   #53
RCUK
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 911 Turbo

Sounds bad bud .. but get rid of the car.

After all the probs you have had with it youll never totally love it like u should - been there done it with my cooper s (though that was a lot cheaper car admitedly).
      06-12-2009, 04:58 PM   #54
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wafik View Post
Ive contacted BMW CS but just have to wait to hear more news.....

However now there is a new issue with the car which is really driving me mad!! My brakes now squeak when i drive upto about 20mph, so all i can hear now is this horrible sound that i have had to shut my windows all today...dont even want to drive the car!! Ive told them now and they said to bring the car to check brakes on monday.....havent even done 5k yet, and my rear discs make this horrible noise, i think the pads are touchin the discs as i drive and thats why my discs now worn out bad!
Don't go back to that dealer. You are on a hiding to nothing.

Always change a losing strategy
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2009, 05:04 PM   #55
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Garage List
Wafik, you have the patience of a saint. I would be taking hostages by now to try and resolve the situation.
      06-12-2009, 05:16 PM   #56
ShereKhan
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330e M Sport MY20

Garage List
2020 BMW 330e  [0.00]
I think I would have dumped the car outside the stealers (on public highway) with lots of big banners inside saying "crap car from here" - or similar non offensive or libelious to stealer. They can't do anything as car is on public highway. If they touch car call police and claim criminal damage. If you rigged the car with a camera you could catch them at it.

Then you can push criminal damages against them or they can give you a new car. No brainer for them as you could tell local news/rag your story and your desperation..........

Stay away from this stealer drive somewhere else.

If I go BMW again unfortunately I have to have car from Synter group (not Harold Wood but Newport).
Long gone -15 Peugeot 308 2.0HDi GT AUTO Magnetic Blue, 10 BMW F10 520D SE Xirallic Imperial blue/Cinnamon Brown, 06 E90 320si - Le Mans Blue - Totally standard specification (Scrapped RIP 12/08/2010), 00 Peugeot 306 2.0 SE Cabriolet, 94 Rover 214 SEi, 91 Fiat Uno 60S Mk2
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2009, 05:59 PM   #57
wafik
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS View Post
Don't go back to that dealer. You are on a hiding to nothing.

Always change a losing strategy
I would but BMW CA are dealing with Harold Wood to deal with the situation. I am waiting until monday to find out more and go from there. I think i have been patient enough but as the weekend is coming up theres not much that can be done, so will wait to hear from them on monday!
      06-12-2009, 06:49 PM   #58
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
damn, I just read Tony's thread....shit....looks like your against those fuckin useless retards.
I would follow Tony's approach and contact the senior people ....Germany and UK.

and when things get sorted...

punish these fuckers

by doing everything possible to make this go public with the press....post this on every single forum!....contact bbc watchdog...
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2009, 07:09 PM   #59
Darren Edwards @ Sytner
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 520D Edition Sport

Hi Wafik

My name is Darren Edwards. I am the BMW Franchise Director (South) for Sytner Group. I found out about your situation yesterday evening and have spoken with Paul Fruen ( the Dealer Principal at Harold Wood) on the way home.

Please accept my public apology for the service you have received and let me assure you that now that I am aware of the situation it will be resolved quickly and to your satisfaction.

This is my first post on this forum, however I intend to become a regular and encourage other members to inform me personally if they have any problems with one of our dealers. I have read a few posts over the last few hours (whilst waiting for my registration to be confirmed) that include “perhaps the dealers should join this forum to see what we really think" I think that is an excellent idea. Obviously we do not set out to provide bad service, exactly the opposite in fact, but if we do- I want to know about it - and sort it.

I will call you personally on Monday, Wafik, and together with Paul and BMW UK we will resolve this.

I can assure members that I will not post commercially minded posts on here as that is against the spirit of forums (I post frequently on other motor related forums, so am conversant with the do's and don’ts)

Again, my apologies, look forward to speaking to you on Monday.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2009, 07:24 PM   #60
G33
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Glad words got out to shitner and theyre actually trying to resolve this properly for you after all these months.

their already shit service doesnt help when youre younger than most e9X drivers. hope u get something sorted mate. makes u wonder why you even paid just over 50k for the car.

Hopefully theyll sack the person that went joyiding in your car and returned it to you with 2 miles left on the fuel range together with kerbed wheels.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2009, 07:35 PM   #61
flyfs6
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW i7

Lightbulb

Hello Darren. Welcome to the forum and your positive input. Hope Wafiks situation is sorted soon. Sorry to hijack this...

Ive myself had a lot of problems with an ongoing new car purchase at Harold Wood. That said Danielle Chapman was brilliant in one of her collegues absense. Its a shame that Paul didn't call despite promising twice...but service has been better since I complained.

I'm happy so long as our brand new X5 is as it should be without corroding hubs, scratches, damaged wheel and comes with latest navi disk. I'm supposed to receive the car tomorrow and will report back.

Last edited by flyfs6; 02-02-2010 at 08:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2009, 07:37 PM   #62
wafik
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Edwards @ Sytner View Post
Hi Wafik

My name is Darren Edwards. I am the BMW Franchise Director (South) for Sytner Group. I found out about your situation yesterday evening and have spoken with Paul Fruen ( the Dealer Principal at Harold Wood) on the way home.

Please accept my public apology for the service you have received and let me assure you that now that I am aware of the situation it will be resolved quickly and to your satisfaction.

This is my first post on this forum, however I intend to become a regular and encourage other members to inform me personally if they have any problems with one of our dealers. I have read a few posts over the last few hours (whilst waiting for my registration to be confirmed) that include “perhaps the dealers should join this forum to see what we really think" I think that is an excellent idea. Obviously we do not set out to provide bad service, exactly the opposite in fact, but if we do- I want to know about it - and sort it.

I will call you personally on Monday, Wafik, and together with Paul and BMW UK we will resolve this.

I can assure members that I will not post commercially minded posts on here as that is against the spirit of forums (I post frequently on other motor related forums, so am conversant with the do's and don’ts)

Again, my apologies, look forward to speaking to you on Monday.
Hello Darren, First of all welcome to the forum! I appreciate you signing up to the forum and helping resolve the situation. I hope this forum will allow you and other members at BMW to see what we really think and to help members towards overcoming any issues.

I hope you have had a chance to read through a few of the issues regarding the service recieved from Harold wood. I hope you can understand my frustration towards the situation and know why i have had to consult members of the forum for help and advice - which i have recieved and greatly appreciate.

If it was not for this forum and the members input, advice and help i would have probably never purchased my BMW as well as many other customers.. So its fair to say, that if you (BMW) help resolve issues like mine here, you can also be helping many customers turn towards BMW when they see such good service being provided.

I will be looking forward to speaking to you on monday.

Thank you
      06-12-2009, 07:46 PM   #63
wafik
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by G33 View Post
Glad words got out to shitner and theyre actually trying to resolve this properly for you after all these months.

their already shit service doesnt help when youre younger than most e9X drivers. hope u get something sorted mate. makes u wonder why you even paid just over 50k for the car.

Hopefully theyll sack the cunt that went joyiding in your car and returned it to you with 2 miles left on the fuel range together with kerbed wheels.
Finally something Kin! I remember telling you everything from day one! Yeah nothing was done about the car been handed back with 2miles left on the fuel range....not to mention the tyre that was sent to be examined....
      06-12-2009, 07:49 PM   #64
flyfs6
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW i7

Wafik I was just going to pm you about Darrens reponse & as it happens we are all awake at this hour. I'm sure your issues will get sorted at earliest.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2009, 08:03 PM   #65
Darren Edwards @ Sytner
United Kingdom
Rep

Hi Wafik, thanks for the welcome.

It's clear from the posts on the forum that Harold Wood is not delivering the level of service that customers deserve. In addition to resolving the issues on Monday, I will let you know what I am doing to improve this, going forward

Forums are fantastic places to build relationships, hopefully once I have resloved the issues I can add value by being on here. Personally I am a member of a couple of forums that are related to my own car and have made some good friends from meets and carried out upgrades using thier advice so agree with you.

I'm off to get some sleep now but will log on tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2009, 08:06 PM   #66
Darren Edwards @ Sytner
United Kingdom
Rep

Hi FlyFs6, thanks for the welcome

Please Let me know how it goes , I will be on here tomorrow.
Got to get some sleep now!
Appreciate 0