Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Enkei NT03RR + Indy 500s + Gyeon Q2 Rim Coating =

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

03-22-2020, 03:07 PM   #1
b1aze
Just one more taste...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i 6MT MSport

Enkei NT03RR + Indy 500s + Gyeon Q2 Rim Coating =

I wanted to make this a multi-purpose review, DIY and discussion thread about some wheels that I think might be a good alternative to the typical CSL style wheels and a coating I decided to try after getting quotes of $3-600 for ceramic coating locally.

Enkei NT03RR ; Firestone Indy 500 ; Total Weight
17 x 8 ET45 ; 225/45/17 ; 41.1 lbs
17 x 9 ET50 ; 255/40/17 ; 42.4 lbs

I got the Gyeon Q2 Rim Pro kit from Esoteric Car Care https://www.esotericcarcare.com/gyeon-rim-pro-kit/. The wheels were brand new so I didn't think I needed to use the Iron but I did use the Prep thoroughly. It had a pleasant, almost grapefruity smell. The Iron should be opened outdoors...

I followed the directions from the video on the product page. Very straight forward and easy to do. I did all 4 barrels first using the provided block and felt cloth. Wiped with microfiber. Did the barrels again. Wiped with microfiber. Did the rear faces of the spokes with the quarter-sponge and wiped. Twice. Coated the calipers once. Wiped. Flipped the wheels and did the fronts with the sponge. You get the idea. Took probably an hour to do this. I let the wheels sit 24 hours and applied another coating on the spokes and into the crevices. Wiped them down again and applied Chemical Guys VRP to the sidewalls.

I haven't mounted them yet but the microfiber feels really slick and the sparkle in the finish seems to come through more. The bottle is only half gone but the stuff goes bad 1 month after you open it according to the manufacturer. Your best bet would be to find a buddy to split it with and/or do 2 sets of wheels at one time. Its not as bad as it seems and from the smell of it, the Iron spray will strip just about anything off used wheels. Ill try to remember to update this thread in a month, 6 months etc and see how it does after some use.

As for the wheel fitment, I am expecting to run a 5mm spacer up front (for aesthetics, not clearance) but the rear should be right on with typical Apex fitments. Ill be sure to grab those pics once it warms up another 10*. The tires are nice and meaty but that's all I can say for now.
Appreciate 1
      03-29-2020, 08:51 AM   #2
b1aze
Just one more taste...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i 6MT MSport

It’s only been a few days with limited opportunity to cake these in brake dust but my GOD are they slick when wet! I have no doubts these will hose of 90% of stuff and a quick microfiber will take the rest off immediately. Very happy with the Gyeon coating so far!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2020, 01:44 PM   #3
Antetokounmpo
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 6MT FBO; '18 F150 Platinum

Garage List
Awesome man. I have crystal serum light and exo v4 waiting to go on my wheels! Must be so nice that everything just rinses off

2008 335xi 6MT | VRSF Catless DP | VRSF 7" FMIC | VRSF CP | TIAL BOV | DCI | MHD 2+
BC Racing BR | Stoptech 600 | Firehawk Indy 500 255 Square | Atric Altimax 225 Sq.
2018 F-150 Platinum 701A | FX4 | 3.5 EcoBeast
Appreciate 1
b1aze565.50