E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Why dont we start an "I dont give a shit" thread?

07-24-2018, 12:26 PM   #45
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808@702 View Post
This. I have been working for about 30 years straight out of college, and I have climbed as high I can at this point. Don't give a flying f**k about impressing anyone. And the kids coming out of college don't want to work to advance anymore. They expect it to be given to them. What I intend to do is take a year off and travel. My own personal Endless Summer. Indonesia, South America and Africa mainly.
That sounds like a plan. I'm not as high as I can be but honestly don't want to be any higher than I am. When I was in the business of trying to make a name for myself it was due to money and the respect that came with the position. We currently have an open position for plant manager here and I don't want anyone knowing I'm qualified for it. It is more money but those in management positions here are in debt and need that money....I don't. I never want to be in a position where I hate my job but feel stuck because I'm in over my head in debt. Since society flip flopped a few years ago, management positions are no longer held in high regard. All the power is in the hands of the mindless sheep who are nothing more than a warm body.

My game plan at this point is to ride this out for another couple of years, stuff as much money in the bank as I can, sell my house and move somewhere that I can enjoy the rest of my life.
Appreciate 1
Kyngofpop676.00
      07-24-2018, 01:17 PM   #46
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
I no longer give a shit about climbing the corporate ladder, fellow employees, their personal lives or most people in general.
Sadly, company loyalty died when our grandparents retired. Companies do not give a shit about any of us. Fuck them. I look out for me.

Also, I drive a Miata so I clearly give no fucks.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      07-24-2018, 01:19 PM   #47
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Since society flip flopped a few years ago, management positions are no longer held in high regard. All the power is in the hands of the mindless sheep who are nothing more than a warm body.
I'm not seeing that as the case.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2018, 01:20 PM   #48
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I also give zero fucks about finding a mate anymore. Dating in 2018 is not worth it. I'll just keep being a slut. It's more fun anyway.
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13152.00
Kyngofpop676.00
      07-24-2018, 02:54 PM   #49
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never_Enough View Post
Sadly, company loyalty died when our grandparents retired. Companies do not give a shit about any of us. Fuck them. I look out for me.

Also, I drive a Miata so I clearly give no fucks.
@ the miata comment but you are exactly right. I remember when (fuck I just aged 10 years by saying that) when a company's strongest asset was their employees, not the case anymore.

Quote:
I'm not seeing that as the case.
Not trying to sway your opinion or defend myself but from what I see in the workplace these days is that management doesn't have the authority to fire anyone without going through the proper channels approved and tripled stamped from corporate, thus allowing the employees to pretty much get away with whatever they like. In the meantime, in the event that anything is said to them for whatever terrible behavior they have demonstrated, the can now pull whatever bullshit "issue of the day" card out of their back pocket and file a lawsuit. I'm accustomed to seeing upper management stay in one position for a considerable amount of time and the underlings come and go; now it seems that the the lowest on the totem pole stay for ever and management is only moonlighting.

Quote:
I also give zero fucks about finding a mate anymore. Dating in 2018 is not worth it. I'll just keep being a slut. It's more fun anyway.
There is absolutely no point in dating anymore, just accept it and use this knowledge to your benefit....as per your post, it seems as if you are doing an excellent job already.
Appreciate 1
      07-24-2018, 03:15 PM   #50
bimmer456
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i

I don't give a shit what some people think.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2018, 03:22 PM   #51
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
@ the miata comment but you are exactly right. I remember when (fuck I just aged 10 years by saying that) when a company's strongest asset was their employees, not the case anymore.

Not trying to sway your opinion or defend myself but from what I see in the workplace these days is that management doesn't have the authority to fire anyone without going through the proper channels approved and tripled stamped from corporate, thus allowing the employees to pretty much get away with whatever they like. In the meantime, in the event that anything is said to them for whatever terrible behavior they have demonstrated, the can now pull whatever bullshit "issue of the day" card out of their back pocket and file a lawsuit. I'm accustomed to seeing upper management stay in one position for a considerable amount of time and the underlings come and go; now it seems that the the lowest on the totem pole stay for ever and management is only moonlighting.

There is absolutely no point in dating anymore, just accept it and use this knowledge to your benefit....as per your post, it seems as if you are doing an excellent job already.
Companies I have been with have fired (Managers have done the firing) people at will for no reason sometimes. I've been a victim of it myself.

I like to think so since I banged 3 different women last weekend.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2018, 03:27 PM   #52
Sea-Tac
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2108 X3 xDrive30i

Garage List
Never give a shit as a present unless it is to your ex-wife.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2018, 03:33 PM   #53
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Companies I have been with have fired (Managers have done the firing) people at will for no reason sometimes. I've been a victim of it myself.

I like to think so since I banged 3 different women last weekend.
Yeah same here. I've worked for companies that fired me over the some of the dumbest shit I've ever heard of. Had a great job running the purchasing department for a very profitable company and thought I was golden. The boss loved me and we got along great. Apparently my boss was having sexual relations with the CEO's ex-wife and they got into a pretty heated argument thus resulting my boss quitting. The CEO made his helicopter pilot my new boss to which the guy new nothing of the job. After training him on how to be my boss he fired me a week later. He screwed up and I stepped in to handle business so our build team, we built OTR trucks, wouldn't be standing around twiddling their thumbs (my boss forgot to order transmissions and we had 50 trucks on the build schedule for the next week). He felt like I stepped on his toes and fired me for it. Again, I have no desire to try to climb the corporate ladder anymore. Leave me with my blueprints in the corner and e90post, pay me and let me go home.

AS for the ladies, I remember those days. It wasn't too long ago. I got bored with that lifestyle after a while. I'm a weird guy though. Getting laid is easy. After a while I got tired of the same old bullshit from all the women. If it's easy and just thrown at me, it gets old and boring. Also trying to keep up with all of them, their likes, dislikes, conversations we had etc. just got to be too much to keep up with.
Appreciate 1
      07-24-2018, 04:21 PM   #54
Kyngofpop
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 4

Quote:
I totally agree with this. I'm at the point in life that I'm seeing that I'll most likely be single forever. I tried to fix that by trying a few dating apps earlier in 2018 and it was a DISASTER! Online dating is garbage. I too am just gna accept that I'm a slut im gna stay that way because I don't give a shit lol
      07-25-2018, 07:20 AM   #55
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyngofpop View Post
I totally agree with this. I'm at the point I life that I'm seeing that I'll most likely be single forever and I tried to fix that by trying a few dating apps earlier in 2018 and it was a DISASTER! Online dating is garbage. I too am just gna accept that I'm a slut im gna stay that way because I don't give a shit lol
Being single and understanding that other people suck means enlightenment and happiness. I take solace in the fact that I like my alone time. I can do whatever the hell I want and not have to deal with anyone's opinions. I stay pretty busy though so I don't have the "I wish I had someone" moments. Online dating went really well for me in the beginning. It was a never ending bevy of ladies and then it just got weird a few years ago for some reason and I just stopped, and for this.....I don't give a shit.
Appreciate 2
      07-25-2018, 08:07 AM   #56
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Problem is you cant start a dont give a shit thread without giving a shit.
Appreciate 1
Poiseuille5362.00
      07-25-2018, 01:21 PM   #57
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
No one gives a shit what you say
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      07-25-2018, 01:35 PM   #58
Poiseuille
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 DCT Tanzanite/Amaro

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [10.00]
Yossarian finally found Lt. Dunbar in his tent, still on his cot. Yossarian told Dunbar he had to get up, they had to fly. Dunbar refused. 'Why?" asked Yossarian. Dunbar explained that since he'd been in the Army he'd realized that the more miserable he was, the slower time seem to pass. So his new plan was to stay in his tent concentrating on being as miserable as he could for as long as he could, hoping that in that way he could live forever.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2018, 01:59 PM   #59
Poiseuille
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 DCT Tanzanite/Amaro

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
I will appreciate your post on Yossarian's behalf.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2018, 03:03 PM   #60
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Catch 22, I see what you did there
Appreciate 1
Poiseuille5362.00
      07-25-2018, 08:38 PM   #61
Kyngofpop
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyngofpop View Post
I totally agree with this. I'm at the point I life that I'm seeing that I'll most likely be single forever and I tried to fix that by trying a few dating apps earlier in 2018 and it was a DISASTER! Online dating is garbage. I too am just gna accept that I'm a slut im gna stay that way because I don't give a shit lol
Being single and understanding that other people suck means enlightenment and happiness. I take solace in the fact that I like my alone time. I can do whatever the hell I want and not have to deal with anyone's opinions. I stay pretty busy though so I don't have the "I wish I had someone" moments. Online dating went really well for me in the beginning. It was a never ending bevy of ladies and then it just got weird a few years ago for some reason and I just stopped, and for this.....I don't give a shit.

Lol
      07-25-2018, 08:40 PM   #62
Kyngofpop
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Does replying to this thread inherently imply that we DO give a shit?! Hmmm
      07-27-2018, 01:07 PM   #63
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaney View Post
https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/12012008

This is a life changer. Enjoy
I ended up buying this book. I have to say I'm enjoying the book. During down time at work, I've also started reading his blog. Good stuff.

https://markmanson.net/
Appreciate 0