E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Bluetooth programming issue

11-20-2009, 11:09 AM   #1
jreich
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: montego blue 335 coupe MT

Bluetooth programming issue

So I did a partial retrofit my car. I got a TCU and Sirius from ebay and everything worked right away except I didnt have the proper FZD (no BMW Assist). Not a problem for me, but my car is currently in the shop for warranty work so I figure perfect time for them to reprogram everything properly because my car needs to be reprogrammed anyways because the the tilt sensor that went bad. Well apparently they don't use Progman anymore to do the vehicle programming and the guy said they needed a specific FZD for the car. So I said to buy it and run it. He says the new system is specific part number is no longer available (or hard to find) and I gave him the Tischer BMW part number that Evan gave me and he said that probably wont work. Has anyone had these kind of problems?
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2009, 12:50 AM   #2
jimk
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M550i

I have an extra FZD. What part number is he looking for?
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2009, 11:03 AM   #3
enforcerman
The Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i / 2014 328i MSport

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
You can not do the bluetooth retro fit without the proper FZD. So get the part from tischer and you will be fine. Trust me when I tell you this. One last thing, I sure hope the tcu you bought is the right one for your car. The progman will know and if it isnt, nothing you can do will make it work.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175658
Blacked out Kidney Grill || Bluetooth Retrofit || Ipod Retrofit || Rear Power Outlets || Euro Switch || Blacklines
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2009, 09:13 PM   #4
jreich
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: montego blue 335 coupe MT

I have a TCU from a 08 335i and I own a 08 335i. When I installed the TCU, bluetooth worked fine. I put a FZD from an 06 330i. At the time I only cared about the bluetooth and not the assist feature (though I pushed the SOS button and the assist people came on the phone, but I think they disabled the assist after I called them because it wouldnt work after that) The issue here is that they don't use the progman to program the cars anymore. I went to the bmw garage and talked with the technician that worked on my car. He had to issue a PuMA case because he couldnt figure out why they couldnt program my car (I had a defective tilt sensor). The part number the new programming tool asked for was not the same part number Tischer gave me, but was the same part number that the PuMA case engineers said I need. I told the technician to put the part number in that the programmer asked for but he said they probably cant get it....so I said order the Tischer part number and try it and he said it probably wont work. I said to try it anyways....and I told him if that didnt work to try and program using their old programming tool (progman)....he said ok. They havent called me yet to see what the status is.

jimk, I dont remember the part number that programmer asked for...Hopefully they can get it to work or im going to have to put the car back to stock before they can reprogram my car.

Hopefully I get my car soon....theyve had mine for almost two weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enforcerman View Post
You can not do the bluetooth retro fit without the proper FZD. So get the part from tischer and you will be fine. Trust me when I tell you this. One last thing, I sure hope the tcu you bought is the right one for your car. The progman will know and if it isnt, nothing you can do will make it work.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175658
Appreciate 0