E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Help requested diagnosing a noise

11-12-2010, 09:28 AM   #1
Buckeye85
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i

Help requested diagnosing a noise

I have heard a buzz/hum that sounds somewhat "electronic" that only last about a second then repeats. For example, it will start when I coast or accelerate. After spending some time trying to pinpoint, I think the A/C or heat needs to be on for it to make the noise.

If I have the fan off and press the snowflake to turn the a/c on, sometimes it will make the hum noise. However when I have the car parked and press the snowflake, I do not hear the hum.

Also, I have noticed that the noise appears sometimes if I come to a stop and while stopped I can get the noise to start and stop if I adjust how hard / weak I press the brake. I don't think it is related to the breaks though.
Considering the car is an 07, I'm hoping it could be a belt or pulley making the noise. Worried I won't be able to replicate while at the dealer.

Reaching out to the forum in case anyone has any ideas or has encountered a similar noise. Any help would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2011, 01:23 PM   #2
IronBear
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330xi

Ever Figure out what it was?

I have a similar issue, I heard a noise when I have the heat on and accelerate. Did you ever figure out what it was? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Appreciate 0