E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > EPA may hold certain 09 models until 10/24???

10-10-2008, 09:13 PM   #67
methodtim
Brigadier General
Liechtenstein
Rep
Drives: Audi RS Q8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3er858 View Post
Interesting information... All of these conflicting stories is making my head hurt... I'm going to try and forget about my car and e90post for a while....

Who am I fooling? I can't stop thinking about it. LOL
Well, get ready for more conflicting information. I e-mailed my concerns to my CA, who promptly called me. She said that everything is checking out with my order and it's just waiting for a truck. She said that she hasn't heard of any hold up, and especially one that would require cars to be held until 10/28 or thereabouts. When I mentioned what I had read on e90 and bimmerfile, she said that she would call around and find out more, but she was pretty sure that everything would be on its way soon. I expect a call back within the next few days about this, but there's definitely no delivery this weekend.
      10-10-2008, 10:21 PM   #68
netwrkr
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 B8 S4

I spoke to Mohammed @ BWM of Sterling today who indicated my 335xi was delivered to NY today and would be at the dealership as early as next Friday. He called someone at the VDC in NY and was told no issues prevent the 335xi from shipping out to dealerships.

Tom
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2008, 10:25 PM   #69
brettskiMD
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDG77AOE1 View Post
... The VPC manager says that my car hasn't even cleared customs yet
Interesting, because another user says his 328 was on Traviata and has arrived at his dealership; I bet your car has cleared customs, because my 535i arrived at the port 10/5 and showed as "At processing center" the very next day.

Why is it that our best information comes from rumors and speculation on the forums? BMW dealers should be well informed on these issues, and be prepared to keep us informed as well!

Last edited by brettskiMD; 10-10-2008 at 10:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2008, 10:37 PM   #70
JBiddy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3er858 View Post
Interesting information... All of these conflicting stories is making my head hurt... I'm going to try and forget about my car and e90post for a while....

Who am I fooling? I can't stop thinking about it. LOL
hahahahahaha thant so funny bro ive been trying to do the same thing...and i just keep on coming back.............
      10-11-2008, 02:48 AM   #71
methodtim
Brigadier General
Liechtenstein
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettskiMD View Post
Why is it that our best information comes from rumors and speculation on the forums? BMW dealers should be well informed on these issues, and be prepared to keep us informed as well!
Sad but true. I was telling my CA about all the things I read on here and through the various blogs that I know we're all addicted to, and she muttered, "well, I wish corporate would keep us [the CA's] in the loop with these things." It made me feel worse about the whole thing, to tell you the truth. Since there isn't a canonical resource for information, we're all stuck talking to our separate CA's and sources and digging up whatever we can.

This is a classic example of the disadvantages of running a decentralized sales organization.
      10-11-2008, 09:44 AM   #72
Ender514
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by runthis View Post
you and me both, I've been without a car since July, guess I should have bought a bus pass for October :-(
wow....i thought my situation was bad. i've been without a car since early sept. bmw is now paying for my rental car b/c of all the delays.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2008, 11:08 AM   #73
JRV
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 AWE90M3

that is what's happening with me. I am getting a loaner this week from BMW for the delay. My G is being returned Monday so I need a car!
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2008, 12:14 PM   #74
JBiddy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender514 View Post
wow....i thought my situation was bad. i've been without a car since early sept. bmw is now paying for my rental car b/c of all the delays.
for real. how did you u manage that i think i am going to call them on monday and see what they can do????
      10-11-2008, 01:53 PM   #75
ttvetdoc
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: .

Bad news for me. My CA just called and then he hit me with the news that my '09 335xi is not scheduled to be released from VPC until 10/26. It arrived there on 10/09. Michigan isn't a CARB state so I was hoping it would get released earlier - guess not. He also said that there were 7 or 8 other cars in the exact same situation. All the cars are scheduled to be released between 10/22 -10/28. He said it may change but its not looking good.

The wait continues....
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2008, 02:18 PM   #76
brettskiMD
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBMW View Post
Bad news for me. My CA just called and then he hit me with the news that my '09 335xi is not scheduled to be released from VPC until 10/26. It arrived there on 10/09. Michigan isn't a CARB state so I was hoping it would get released earlier - guess not. He also said that there were 7 or 8 other cars in the exact same situation. All the cars are scheduled to be released between 10/22 -10/28. He said it may change but its not looking good.

The wait continues....

I'd say more likely 7-8 hundred, my friend -- and as more turbos are offloaded, that number is just going to grow until the certification process is over.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2008, 03:11 PM   #77
mapezzul
Special Agent
United_States
Rep
Drives: Depends on the day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by netwrkr View Post
I spoke to Mohammed @ BWM of Sterling today who indicated my 335xi was delivered to NY today and would be at the dealership as early as next Friday. He called someone at the VDC in NY and was told no issues prevent the 335xi from shipping out to dealerships.

Tom
BMW of Sterling has a BAD reputation for reasons just like this. They are full of BS. They did not call the VDC b/c very few people even have the contact info there, and in all honesty there is only one person there that would have the correct answers..... who did they talk to?

There were 1200 cars in holding yesterday, and your car would be placed at the end of the line (once it starts moving) so that would mean your car is at least a 10 days out from being sent through the facility, then trucking etc. He is full of nonsense. The X35 are being held, it is obvious and has been confirmed by many people, including verified sources. So tell you salesman to be honest and spend 5 minutes looking at his inventory and he will se that NO X35i models have been released so you car is not going to be either; it is that simple.

Hopefully these things will get approved and begin moving but there is a definite delay. The lease numbers in the East and Central have improved a bit so at least that is one plus to this whole scenario......

I feel for you all and hope the wait ends sooner than later, but when the gov't is involved things always seem to take longer than originally promised (10/13).
      10-11-2008, 06:59 PM   #78
Ender514
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRV View Post
that is what's happening with me. I am getting a loaner this week from BMW for the delay. My G is being returned Monday so I need a car!
thats funny. i had a g53 coupe and the lease ended sept. 10th. ive been in a rental car ever since.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2008, 07:01 PM   #79
Ender514
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBiddy View Post
for real. how did you u manage that i think i am going to call them on monday and see what they can do????
well, they didnt at first want to pay. i've already paid for like 3 weeks on my own. then when they called me last monday to tell me the car wouldnt come in until the end of the month, they offered to pay for 3 weeks of my rental car service.

you can always try. it doesnt hurt.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2008, 07:14 PM   #80
thisguyhere
Captain
Rep
Drives: bmw

Today I got a call from my CA, and he also confirmed that its going through some inspection, and that there was a delay. He said it should be here by the end of the month. Oh well...these things happen and just have to deal with it.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2008, 11:28 AM   #81
JRV
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 AWE90M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender514 View Post
thats funny. i had a g53 coupe and the lease ended sept. 10th. ive been in a rental car ever since.
funny...what did they loan you?
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2008, 02:19 PM   #82
Ender514
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRV View Post
funny...what did they loan you?
i just meant b/c we are both coming from the same previous car.

im in a rental car...a chevy malibu
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2008, 03:35 PM   #83
sdslayer
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 SL 500 - soon 09 335 cv

so, how many people are having BMW put them up in a car? My dealer will not give me a loaner..
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2008, 03:45 PM   #84
Crisp
Lieutenant Colonel
Albania
Rep
Drives: F95 X5M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdslayer View Post
so, how many people are having BMW put them up in a car? My dealer will not give me a loaner..

I just emailed the manager today.
We'll see what their decision is tomorrow.
      10-13-2008, 04:02 PM   #85
JBiddy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

haha i just called my CA today and left him a message....hasn't returned my call as of yet we'll see....... this is BS......
EPA:finger:
      10-13-2008, 04:06 PM   #86
brettskiMD
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdslayer View Post
I seriously thought about it, but decided against asking, b/c
1) This will be my first BMW -- I want it to be all new to me when I take delivery of MY car; wouldn't want the same model as a loaner
2) More importantly, I don't want to give the dealership any leverage against me!
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2008, 04:10 PM   #87
methodtim
Brigadier General
Liechtenstein
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettskiMD View Post
I seriously thought about it, but decided against asking, b/c
1) This will be my first BMW -- I want it to be all new to me when I take delivery of MY car; wouldn't want the same model as a loaner
2) More importantly, I don't want to give the dealership any leverage against me!
Your reply does not compute.

1) Why would it make any difference what model the loaner is? Are you saying you don't want to somehow "spoil" the fun of driving your car if the loaner happens to be the same model as yours?

2) What kind of leverage are we talking about here? The others that are trying to get BMW to provide them cars have an obvious need (they turned in their leases with the understanding of a certain delivery date range, etc.). I don't understand your apprehension. If you have a need for a temporary car, then you have a case for BMW providing that for you while you wait for whatever governmental machinations take place with regards to our imprisoned 335i's. If you don't have a need, then you shouldn't be asking. It's pretty straightforward.
      10-13-2008, 04:26 PM   #88
JBiddy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by methodtim View Post
Your reply does not compute.

1) Why would it make any difference what model the loaner is? Are you saying you don't want to somehow "spoil" the fun of driving your car if the loaner happens to be the same model as yours?

2) What kind of leverage are we talking about here? The others that are trying to get BMW to provide them cars have an obvious need (they turned in their leases with the understanding of a certain delivery date range, etc.). I don't understand your apprehension. If you have a need for a temporary car, then you have a case for BMW providing that for you while you wait for whatever governmental machinations take place with regards to our imprisoned 335i's. If you don't have a need, then you shouldn't be asking. It's pretty straightforward.
+1....am so glad you feel our pain....