E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Squeek from Right Rear

11-16-2011, 07:14 AM   #1
dionisk
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 G80 M3 xDrive Comp - Dravit

Squeek from Right Rear

So I know this isnt a unique case and happens quite a bit, but I cant find anything concrete in terms of what exactly it is.

Basically upon acceleration and sometimes upon deceleration at around the 10-20mph range it seems like the right rear wheel starts squeeking. My car has around 54k miles on it, it didnt do this at start.

I do not want to take it to the dealer due to mods and me messing up a solenoid bypass, but I'd like to be able to take it to firestone or a local mechanic and have them fix it as its embarassing driving a nice e92 and having it squeek.

From what I understand a variety of things might be the cause, a sensor coming loose in the right rear wheel and rubbing, glazing of the disk, etc. Seems like different things fixed it for people, some had replaced calipers, some breakpads, and for some nothing fixed it in the end and it returned.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 01:20 PM   #2
Glim
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i & 2013 X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dionisk View Post
So I know this isnt a unique case and happens quite a bit, but I cant find anything concrete in terms of what exactly it is.

Basically upon acceleration and sometimes upon deceleration at around the 10-20mph range it seems like the right rear wheel starts squeeking. My car has around 54k miles on it, it didnt do this at start.

I do not want to take it to the dealer due to mods and me messing up a solenoid bypass, but I'd like to be able to take it to firestone or a local mechanic and have them fix it as its embarassing driving a nice e92 and having it squeek.

From what I understand a variety of things might be the cause, a sensor coming loose in the right rear wheel and rubbing, glazing of the disk, etc. Seems like different things fixed it for people, some had replaced calipers, some breakpads, and for some nothing fixed it in the end and it returned.
Pull off the rear right brake sensor, tie it up and away from the the wheel and see if the squeak stops.
Appreciate 0