E90Post
 


GetBMWParts
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Anyone familiar with X5s?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-19-2013, 04:26 PM   #111
peterg1965
Brigadier General
peterg1965's Avatar
United Kingdom
105
Rep
4,190
Posts

Drives: F30 335d M Sport, F15 X5 40d
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The place of dark satanic mills, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerxp View Post
Looks good Pete. This is pre-LCI right?? Might be worth PM'ing fly... / fiasan (excluse spelling but you'll know who I mean) as he updated his pre-LCI to look like post-LCI and don't think it cost the earth but the results were really effective. Yes, I know this is for the good-lady, and she'll not give a shite but would prefer a new handbag for the difference, but might be worth knowing the cost involved for pondering purposes .
Cheers Roger, yup I suspect pre LCI (which is facelift right?) . I would not be bothered /arsed to do anything other than properly maintain it. I don't think there is a gulf of difference between this one and the latest and newest I saw at the Dealers today, nothing that makes me think paying another 200+/month would be worth it. To be honest I don't even like the latest 20" alloys, the chrome multi spoke type ones.


Quote:
Originally Posted by HaroonCFS View Post
Congrats Pete! That's the colour combo I would have ideally wanted if I changed to another x5. My 57 plate 3.0SE is up for sale now. I'm 'downsizing' to a 2011 335d saloon

I had mine for 3.5yrs with no mechanical problems (but one heck of an electrical prob). It's always been good to me, heavy on fuel in town though, 23 to 25mpg (lead foot too). I would say the 3.0d is fast enough for just transporting.

As comparison, we had a q7 in the family and still have a RRS 2010. Both look a bit nicer inside but much inferior drive.

Invest in some sort of boot sill protector as it scratches easily.
A boot liner is on the cards and I have seen an OEM type one that has a flap which comes out over the sill and lower tailgate, I need that as the dogs claws will scratch the black plastic.

I really wanted a Disco 4 or RRS, but was not prepared to pay the higher prices and. Cold not live with paying 470+ a year in road tax. Maybe a new gen RRS or FFRR will be on the cards in a few years time!
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 05:00 PM   #112
HaroonCFS
New Member
0
Rep
8
Posts

Drives: 11/11 335D Msport Saloon
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Cardiff

iTrader: (0)

The new RRS looks very very nice. Hefty price tag to match though

There's 2 different boot liners. I have the shallow one. Deeper one looks about a foot high on the sides. I also had the flip over mat thing, it was fiddly and Velcro kept coming undone.

I was originally referring to the exterior sill

My car was before bmws ed programme started so 480 per yr only did 8000 miles each yr in it.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 05:17 PM   #113
peterg1965
Brigadier General
peterg1965's Avatar
United Kingdom
105
Rep
4,190
Posts

Drives: F30 335d M Sport, F15 X5 40d
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The place of dark satanic mills, UK

iTrader: (0)

This was the one I was thinking of. It says genuine BMW but I haven't seen it in any accessory brochures - the seller is "BMW Direct". Wonder how it is attached up the sides of the boot.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/BMW-Genuine-...gesb0X55460_tt
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2013, 02:17 AM   #114
scottc
Lieutenant Colonel
scottc's Avatar
579
Rep
1,536
Posts

Drives: Mercedes E350 Cpe
Join Date: May 2007
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Pete,

I have a bootmat for the x6, it doesn't cover the sides like the one in your link but it does have a flap to cover the bumper. It also unfolds to cover the seats when they are down so you can use and not damage the seats. Got it from BMW as eBay was only £10 cheaper!!
__________________
MG/SS M4 ZCP
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2013, 03:37 AM   #115
HaroonCFS
New Member
0
Rep
8
Posts

Drives: 11/11 335D Msport Saloon
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Cardiff

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterg1965 View Post
This was the one I was thinking of. It says genuine BMW but I haven't seen it in any accessory brochures - the seller is "BMW Direct". Wonder how it is attached up the sides of the boot.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/BMW-Genuine-...gesb0X55460_tt
BMW direct is also on eBay. I would say ask your local dealers parts dept if they will match the price (should do as its effectively the same company).

Sorry, I was thinking of the rigid tray boot liners, my bad!
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2013, 03:46 AM   #116
HaroonCFS
New Member
0
Rep
8
Posts

Drives: 11/11 335D Msport Saloon
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Cardiff

iTrader: (0)

Sorry to sidetrack your topic Pete, but can I get some pointers.

I'm going in this week to sytner Cardiff BMW for a 335d Msport saloon.

It's on for 24,400. 2011/11 in space grey with black leather.

Spec is pro nav, heated seats and visibility pack.

So far the salesman has said they will give free supaguard and gap ins (about 1k).

That's on the condition of some hp on it, but I'm going to buy outright (praying my x5 sells this week).

Can I push for more? I have gently asked for dab retrofit. Could also do with iPhone interface so I can control music via I drive. That's my perfect spec.

I may have shot myself in both feet as salesman knew I was looking for a 335d for eight weeks and put a deposit on this car last week to get it to Cardiff from sytner Nottingham. ;(

Much obliged for knowledge passed on

Edit: here she is:

http://used.ph/171nXe9

Last edited by HaroonCFS; 08-20-2013 at 03:53 AM. Reason: Link to car
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2013, 04:13 AM   #117
peterg1965
Brigadier General
peterg1965's Avatar
United Kingdom
105
Rep
4,190
Posts

Drives: F30 335d M Sport, F15 X5 40d
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The place of dark satanic mills, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaroonCFS View Post
Sorry to sidetrack your topic Pete, but can I get some pointers.

I'm going in this week to sytner Cardiff BMW for a 335d Msport saloon.

It's on for 24,400. 2011/11 in space grey with black leather.

Spec is pro nav, heated seats and visibility pack.

So far the salesman has said they will give free supaguard and gap ins (about 1k).

That's on the condition of some hp on it, but I'm going to buy outright (praying my x5 sells this week).

Can I push for more? I have gently asked for dab retrofit. Could also do with iPhone interface so I can control music via I drive. That's my perfect spec.

I may have shot myself in both feet as salesman knew I was looking for a 335d for eight weeks and put a deposit on this car last week to get it to Cardiff from sytner Nottingham. ;(

Much obliged for knowledge passed on

Edit: here she is:

http://used.ph/171nXe9
Have you asked what they have done to prep the car - brakes/tyres/service etc?
I would say that the 1k of extras are worthless - supaguard stuff is 30 off ebay for the kit (then do it yourself). If you want GAP buy it on line for a fraction of the BMW price. Tell them that you don't want their generous offer of 1k extras, you would rather that sum be taken off the screen price and stick to your guns.

That car will have had a trade in price of less than 20k

https://www.capconnect.co.uk/Consume...3VJ-NC6Z&Data=

They may not have to shell out for a warranty of there is more than a year of manufacturer warranty left. If they insist on you taking BMW finance to get the best deal, take it and then once you have the car you have can pay off within 14 days with no interest to pay.

With such good deals on the new model, they should be working harder to get your business in my view.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2013, 10:32 AM   #118
davyk31
Major General
527
Rep
6,142
Posts

Drives: Macan GTS :-) & Golf GTI Mk7.5
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Northern Ireland

iTrader: (0)

Brakes won't be a major expense if you use Euro Car Parts. I replaced pads front and rear with sensors recently for less than 200. Should not really need discs on this change but even if you do they aren't that dear.

As regards boot liners a company called Hatchbag do greats front liners excellent for dogs. Various options to cover the boot lid etc.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2013, 01:16 PM   #119
peterg1965
Brigadier General
peterg1965's Avatar
United Kingdom
105
Rep
4,190
Posts

Drives: F30 335d M Sport, F15 X5 40d
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The place of dark satanic mills, UK

iTrader: (0)

It's turning out to be a real hassle and bit of a nightmare getting the 640d back to BMW and collecting the X5. Both are completely seperate events. I cannot drive the 640d to Glasgow and leave it there as it will be 'defleeted' through BMW finance routes with nothing to do with the dealer. Added to the fact that I need to get my private plate off my 6 series, it will mean that I collect the X5 Friday week and at the same time I am applying to BMW Finance and the DVLA to put my plate on retention. The lease on the 640d will end next Friday (no more charges from that date) but the car has to remain on my drive and insured by me, until the retention process is complete which could be a few weeks. Then it will be collected by BMW/ BCA for defleet. Complicated - yes! My fault for not applying to take my plate off earlier.

I have to take out short term insurance for the 640d to cover the overlap.

To be fair the lady at BMW financial services has been brilliant.



Quote:
Originally Posted by davyk31 View Post
Brakes won't be a major expense if you use Euro Car Parts. I replaced pads front and rear with sensors recently for less than 200. Should not really need discs on this change but even if you do they aren't that dear.

As regards boot liners a company called Hatchbag do greats front liners excellent for dogs. Various options to cover the boot lid etc.
Thanks Davy, I checked out brake costs, not so bad provided you shop around I think. I'll check out Hatchbag.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2013, 04:09 PM   #120
davyk31
Major General
527
Rep
6,142
Posts

Drives: Macan GTS :-) & Golf GTI Mk7.5
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Northern Ireland

iTrader: (0)

Think I typed my message about Hatchbags too quickly ........ some of the wording doesn't make a lot of sense, however the product name is what matters.

I have had their liners on 3 or 4 cars and everyone has been an excellent fit and very durable.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2013, 05:09 PM   #121
AlanQS
Colonel
AlanQS's Avatar
Scotland
109
Rep
2,643
Posts

Drives: 430i m-sport Gran Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Glasgow

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Peter, if you want a lift from the airport or train station to Park's, give me a pm, I'm free most of the time.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2013, 03:19 AM   #122
peterg1965
Brigadier General
peterg1965's Avatar
United Kingdom
105
Rep
4,190
Posts

Drives: F30 335d M Sport, F15 X5 40d
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The place of dark satanic mills, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanQS View Post
Peter, if you want a lift from the airport or train station to Park's, give me a pm, I'm free most of the time.
Alan, that's a really generous offer, thank you. I will be fine to walk from Central Station though, it's just a short walk through town, I know Glasgow quite well.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2013, 04:44 AM   #123
Mani59
BMW Miniature Collector!
United Kingdom
389
Rep
5,650
Posts

Drives: A Japanese Z...for now
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Leicestershire

iTrader: (1)

I recently put my private plate onto retention, and normally in the past, it used to take a couple of weeks for all of the documents to come through.

However, this time, it took almost 4 weeks for the retention certificate, V5 and MOT to come through. When I spoke to DVLA, they said that it takes longer now because all the retention work is done at Swansea now, as opposed to some of the work being done at your local DVLA office, (which will be closing soon).

The lady I spoke to said that there was a big backlog, and that they are working evenings and weekends to get through them as quickly as possible.
__________________
My gallery: http://jetone.co.uk

Past: E63 LCI 630i |E60 LCI 530i M Sport | E92 LCI 325i M Sport | F10 523i M Sport | E90 LCI ///M3 | E60 LCI 525i M Sport | E92 330i SE | E60 LCI 525d M Sport | E39 530d Sport | E65 730d Sport | E90 330i M Sport | E39 525d Sport | E46 320d Sport | E46 325i Sport |
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2013, 05:38 AM   #124
peterg1965
Brigadier General
peterg1965's Avatar
United Kingdom
105
Rep
4,190
Posts

Drives: F30 335d M Sport, F15 X5 40d
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The place of dark satanic mills, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj59 View Post
I recently put my private plate onto retention, and normally in the past, it used to take a couple of weeks for all of the documents to come through.

However, this time, it took almost 4 weeks for the retention certificate, V5 and MOT to come through. When I spoke to DVLA, they said that it takes longer now because all the retention work is done at Swansea now, as opposed to some of the work being done at your local DVLA office, (which will be closing soon).

The lady I spoke to said that there was a big backlog, and that they are working evenings and weekends to get through them as quickly as possible.
I suppose they call this progress! It's frustrating Government/public sector created bureaucracy. A the moment I am battling to try to speak to anyone from BMW finance to tell me what bits of the V317 (retention form) I have to fill in, it's not straight forward as I am not the registered keeper and do not have the V5.....
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2013, 11:56 AM   #125
peterg1965
Brigadier General
peterg1965's Avatar
United Kingdom
105
Rep
4,190
Posts

Drives: F30 335d M Sport, F15 X5 40d
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The place of dark satanic mills, UK

iTrader: (0)

Just beginning to lose my patience with Douglas Park BMW....unreturned calls and unacknowledged emails and not yet agreed to a collection date of next Friday. I have to get a day off work and travel from London to home then onto Glasgow.

When I arrived at the dealership last Monday to see the car, having paid a deposit on it and having called the salesman to let him know when I was arriving (2 hour train journey), the X5 was not at the dealership it was elsewhere and I was kept waiting with my son for 20 minutes whilst the salesman disappeared to fetch it from the service centre (off site). I was about 2.5 hours in the dealers, lots of waiting and sitting around. Maybe alarm bells should have been ringing then, they certainly are now. I intend to give them a kicking when it comes to the BMW customer satisfaction survey.

It seems that they have the sale, depsoit paid and finance signed for and they have lost interest. I just hope the car has been prepped properly..... Or I will kick off
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2013, 01:37 PM   #126
Mani59
BMW Miniature Collector!
United Kingdom
389
Rep
5,650
Posts

Drives: A Japanese Z...for now
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Leicestershire

iTrader: (1)

That does sound pretty poor service from them and its situations like this that ruin the whole experience of buying a new car! There is nothing worse than unreturned calls and emails once the deal has been done.

I really do think that Park Lane is the ultimate in customer service experience and that's how it should be done at all dealerships.
__________________
My gallery: http://jetone.co.uk

Past: E63 LCI 630i |E60 LCI 530i M Sport | E92 LCI 325i M Sport | F10 523i M Sport | E90 LCI ///M3 | E60 LCI 525i M Sport | E92 330i SE | E60 LCI 525d M Sport | E39 530d Sport | E65 730d Sport | E90 330i M Sport | E39 525d Sport | E46 320d Sport | E46 325i Sport |
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2013, 11:19 AM   #127
misterS3
Lieutenant Colonel
44
Rep
1,733
Posts

Drives: X70 on the way
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Glasgow

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterg1965 View Post
Just beginning to lose my patience with Douglas Park BMW....unreturned calls and unacknowledged emails and not yet agreed to a collection date of next Friday. I have to get a day off work and travel from London to home then onto Glasgow.

When I arrived at the dealership last Monday to see the car, having paid a deposit on it and having called the salesman to let him know when I was arriving (2 hour train journey), the X5 was not at the dealership it was elsewhere and I was kept waiting with my son for 20 minutes whilst the salesman disappeared to fetch it from the service centre (off site). I was about 2.5 hours in the dealers, lots of waiting and sitting around. Maybe alarm bells should have been ringing then, they certainly are now. I intend to give them a kicking when it comes to the BMW customer satisfaction survey.

It seems that they have the sale, depsoit paid and finance signed for and they have lost interest. I just hope the car has been prepped properly..... Or I will kick off
It's no coincidence my brand new X5 is from Sytners Chigwell (i live 10mins from Douglas Park). Douglas Park sales are crap. Actually they are worse than that.

Hope you can get through the process without too much stress.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2013, 11:27 AM   #128
peterg1965
Brigadier General
peterg1965's Avatar
United Kingdom
105
Rep
4,190
Posts

Drives: F30 335d M Sport, F15 X5 40d
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The place of dark satanic mills, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterS3 View Post
It's no coincidence my brand new X5 is from Sytners Chigwell (i live 10mins from Douglas Park). Douglas Park sales are crap. Actually they are worse than that.

Hope you can get through the process without too much stress.
Thanks, wish I had known that before! Finally got a call back from them, waffle waffle ..... Etc....but the delay is a cherished plate transfer off the car, why they hadn't explained that before I don't know. It's a decent car at the right price for me so worth persevering for now!

The X5 better be bloody perfect when I eventually come to collect it.....if not I am walking away.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2013, 05:32 AM   #129
gIzzE
Major General
gIzzE's Avatar
United Kingdom
200
Rep
5,607
Posts

Drives: Merc E350 cgi Estate + RR TDV8
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Norfolk, UK.

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaroonCFS View Post
I may have shot myself in both feet as salesman knew I was looking for a 335d for eight weeks and put a deposit on this car last week to get it to Cardiff from sytner Nottingham. ;(
Yeah you have.

You should have called Cardiff and done the deal with them.

I would have expected 2k off that if dealing with the dealership who had the car.
Nottingham have to pay nearly list from another dealer, just the way it works, they have no wiggle room now.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2013, 02:06 PM   #130
peterg1965
Brigadier General
peterg1965's Avatar
United Kingdom
105
Rep
4,190
Posts

Drives: F30 335d M Sport, F15 X5 40d
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The place of dark satanic mills, UK

iTrader: (0)

No X5 yet.

Dealer communication is very disappointing, and as yet no indication of when I can collect the car. Issue surrounds getting a cherishered plate off the car and DVLA delays, however, it always seems that it is me who has to initiate any contact with the dealer, they are woeful, they say they sent the paperwork off to Swansea on 17 July. I need the car soon as the 640d comes off lease on Friday. Seems unfair to give them an ultimatum but I seriously need the X5 this weekend.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2013, 04:57 PM   #131
scottc
Lieutenant Colonel
scottc's Avatar
579
Rep
1,536
Posts

Drives: Mercedes E350 Cpe
Join Date: May 2007
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

That is pretty shocking Pete, personally I would be asking to speak to sales manager or even dp and sticking a rocket up their arse. No excuse to be treated like that, you told them when you needed a car so they need to pull their finger out. Are there any more X5 that you like??
__________________
MG/SS M4 ZCP
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2013, 05:06 PM   #132
Mani59
BMW Miniature Collector!
United Kingdom
389
Rep
5,650
Posts

Drives: A Japanese Z...for now
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Leicestershire

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterg1965 View Post
No X5 yet.

Dealer communication is very disappointing, and as yet no indication of when I can collect the car. Issue surrounds getting a cherishered plate off the car and DVLA delays, however, it always seems that it is me who has to initiate any contact with the dealer, they are woeful, they say they sent the paperwork off to Swansea on 17 July. I need the car soon as the 640d comes off lease on Friday. Seems unfair to give them an ultimatum but I seriously need the X5 this weekend.
From memory, this was what I was told and what I calculated when I had mine done.
If the paperwork was sent to DVLA on 17th July, they would have received it a couple of days later. Lets say 19th July.

It then takes 7-8 working days for the paperwork to be "sorted" and received by the correct department within the DVLA at Swansea, (which takes us to 31/07/2013).
It then takes 7 working days for the paperwork to be processed and for you to receive the documents, which in your case, would have been around 08/08/2013?

Try ringing the DVLA and asking for someone from the department to call you back, so they can give you an update. They call you back within 24 hours and to be honest, were pretty helpful.
0300 790 6802.

Hope that helps!
__________________
My gallery: http://jetone.co.uk

Past: E63 LCI 630i |E60 LCI 530i M Sport | E92 LCI 325i M Sport | F10 523i M Sport | E90 LCI ///M3 | E60 LCI 525i M Sport | E92 330i SE | E60 LCI 525d M Sport | E39 530d Sport | E65 730d Sport | E90 330i M Sport | E39 525d Sport | E46 320d Sport | E46 325i Sport |
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:25 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST