E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > START/STOP problem?

08-02-2017, 02:38 AM   #1
cristispot
Romania
Rep
Drives: 318D / E90 / Sedan

START/STOP problem?

Hey guys,

For about 1 year i own a 318D e90/ 2008.

Never had any problem with this car, especiall with start/stop until recently when i was waiting in line, engine stopped and when i pressed the clutch my car didn't start. I pull out the key, plugged it back in and no success.

i had to push the car on the edge of the road and figure out what the hell was wrong with it. I start digging for fuses to check all 5 or 6 fuses for start/stop have any problem. I checked them all and it was all fine, none blown. Thing is after i pulled them all out and put them back in, the car started in a bit, like before, like nothing happend.

So the question is: wtf happened? and why have i "solved" this issues by a force restart

It was a glitch on ECU? can that happen?

Additional question: i saw on forums that the button that you press, next to gear knob for start/stop is on, as in this function won't work if it's pressed, but at my car is not the same. I have to press this button everytime i start the car, the led on the button lights on and only then my car won't stop when i stop.

Is there a setting i can do to cancel this function? Now that i had this problem i'm thinking it could happen again in a busy day and i don't wanna risk that.

Last edited by cristispot; 08-02-2017 at 02:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2017, 04:25 PM   #2
Indyeah
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 328i 6MT SGM

When you put the key back in and tried to start it again, did you hear any clicking noises or was it completely silent?
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2017, 01:15 AM   #3
cristispot
Romania
Rep
Drives: 318D / E90 / Sedan

yes, i've heard the fuel pump running and clicking noise as in a relay or something, but nothing else. After i pulled out the fuses and plugged them back in it started like a charm, with no problems.
Appreciate 0