E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > All COBB Tuning AccessPORT Flash for N54 335i Discussion Here

01-17-2012, 05:13 PM   #3367
crypticc
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 DCT + Comp

Yeah that's it. My logs suggest demand load dipped on a constant throttle even when throttle position was constant. I wonder if throttle map is off, or dtc cuts in even if the light isn't on and full traction control is disabled
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2012, 05:55 PM   #3368
RaihaX
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08' 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SoFlo View Post
careful with that, i have slid my car around 360 in a pretty busy road, luckily nobody was on it and it was very late at night, and i learned my lesson.

live and learn and don't hurt anyone while doing it =)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitehawk View Post
Yeah, I only have traction control fully off when doing individual gear pulls or logging data. Otherwise, partial DTC (pressing the button once) should suffice.
I just got back from doing logging forgot to change it back to Partial DTC. Didn't realise this and the corner had quite a bit of gravel, lucky I didn't gun it or anything or it would have been a 360 onto the kerb.

Definitely brown pants moment

I am trying out Stage 2+ Sport and man is so slow compare to aggressive!
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 12:53 AM   #3369
Jeef
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaihaX View Post
I just got back from doing logging forgot to change it back to Partial DTC. Didn't realise this and the corner had quite a bit of gravel, lucky I didn't gun it or anything or it would have been a 360 onto the kerb.

you feel that much of a difference between stage 2+fmic sport and aggressive?! I need to go get me some 93... any higher wont do any good correct?
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 01:19 AM   #3370
E90SoFlo
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef
Quote:

you feel that much of a difference between stage 2+fmic sport and aggressive?! I need to go get me some 93... any higher wont do any good correct?
Higher octane will always do good things.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 01:20 AM   #3371
RaihaX
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef View Post
From my drive to work this morning yeah, it doesn't have that crazy punch at 3.5k RPM.

Will play around a bit more on the way home today.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 03:45 AM   #3372
Bash
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92-335i

Quote:
From my drive to work this morning yeah, it doesn't have that crazy punch at 3.5k RPM.

Will play around a bit more on the way home today.
So has it solved the timing drops you have had? Still runing same gas?

COBB S2+ - Mr.5 CAI, Catless DP, Catless MP, AMS FMIC.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 05:18 AM   #3373
RaihaX
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bash View Post
So has it solved the timing drops you have had? Still runing same gas?
Unfortunately no, still waiting on my vanos solenoid and hope that fixes it, that's why I haven't updated my thread yet.

What I did find out thought that cylinder 2-5 is always happy and cylinder 6 sometime would have a drop but cylinder 1 always has a drop on every log I have done.

I am still using the same gas, all the other gas gives me worst timing.

I am going to log the sport map and see if it makes any difference. Probably doesn't help that ambient temperature is at 45C (113F).

In regards to the sport map - I had a bit of a drive on the way home and it definitely doesn't have that big of a punch on the mid range as the aggressive maps.

As someone else says on the aggressive map the car goes "ape shit"

Also another question about the 0-100 function, how do people normally launch their AT cars? first gear ? or second gear brake boosting? or just DS and slam it down?

Been playing around with it and it seems the fastest I can do is about 4.7s.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 05:49 AM   #3374
enrita
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 335i - Big turbos

Quote:
Unfortunately no, still waiting on my vanos solenoid and hope that fixes it, that's why I haven't updated my thread yet.

What I did find out thought that cylinder 2-5 is always happy and cylinder 6 sometime would have a drop but cylinder 1 always has a drop on every log I have done.

I am going to log the sport map and see if it makes any difference. Probably doesn't help that ambient temperature is at 45C (113F).

In regards to the sport map - I had a bit of a drive on the way home and it definitely doesn't have that big of a punch on the mid range as the aggressive maps.

Also another question about the 0-100 function, how do people normally launch their AT cars? first gear ? or second gear brake boosting? or just DS and slam it down?

M2 brake boosting 2500-3000 rpm. i wouldnt do that to often though
07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD E85 BMS flash - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Snow Stg. 3 - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 08:27 AM   #3375
Bash
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Im not happy saying it but i told you so, like i said in your other thread after endless people try to troubleshoot, you and i are in the same boat, the 98 octane we are using is shit. I made a thread or posted cant remember that 2-5cyl are always happy, 6 occasional drop and 1 being the worst.
Im just hoping it might be your vanos solenoid, if it fixes yours i will do mine even though not had a code of some sort.

As for the acceleration just as Enrita explained.

Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 11:01 AM   #3376
FCobra94
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by enrita View Post
I'm assuming the reason for this is the result of an unhappy transmission...??? lol
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 11:05 AM   #3377
rader1
Banned
Rep
Drives: Cobb Stage 2+ 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCobra94 View Post
I'm assuming the reason for this is the result of an unhappy transmission...??? lol
Yup. There are people that have done it dozens of times with no ill effects, but i wouldn't want to risk it
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 06:18 PM   #3378
RaihaX
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rader1 View Post
Yup. There are people that have done it dozens of times with no ill effects, but i wouldn't want to risk it
Yeah I would probably do it once or twice in a year!

Quote:
Im not happy saying it but i told you so, like i said in your other thread after endless people try to troubleshoot, you and i are in the same boat, the 98 octane we are using is shit. I made a thread or posted cant remember that 2-5cyl are always happy, 6 occasional drop and 1 being the worst.
Im just hoping it might be your vanos solenoid, if it fixes yours i will do mine even though not had a code of some sort.

Yeah it kinda sucks if that is the case, I guess I will know soon enough in a week or two.

I am on the drive map now as per recommendation by Ian till I get the vanos solenoid replaced.

Surprisingly is pretty good, even though it doesn't have the punchiness as the sport or aggressive map, it feels very smooth and stock like!
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 08:01 PM   #3379
Jeef
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Honestly I don't see whats so bad about M2 brake boosting. Please inform me!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 09:33 AM   #3380
Bash
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaihaX
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rader1 View Post
Yeah I would probably do it once or twice in a year!

Quote:

Yeah it kinda sucks if that is the case, I guess I will know soon enough in a week or two.

I am on the drive map now as per recommendation by Ian till I get the vanos solenoid replaced.

Surprisingly is pretty good, even though it doesn't have the punchiness as the sport or aggressive map, it feels very smooth and stock like!
Iam on the aggressive s1 map, are you FBO? I'm pretty sure you will be totally ok on the sport maps.

Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 02:19 PM   #3381
Imperator
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef View Post
Honestly I don't see whats so bad about M2 brake boosting. Please inform me!
Torque converter "ballooning," damage to its internals and increased trans fluid temps, but likely only a significant issue if you make a frequent habit of it.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 06:29 PM   #3382
RaihaX
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Iam on the aggressive s1 map, are you FBO? I'm pretty sure you will be totally ok on the sport maps.
Yeah I am on FBO - is alright ill just play it safe till i get the solenoid.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 06:43 PM   #3383
vasillalov
Mad Linux Guru On The Loose
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan, 2023 M3

Garage List
2023 BMW M3  [0.00]
2008 335i E90  [8.00]
Everyone:

Check to make sure your ECU number reported by the Cobb AP matches the one reported by the Bavarian Technic tool! It seems that there are now 2 documented cases where the Cobb AP does not detect the correct ECU ID and installs the wrong firmware and the wrong maps!

Here is more information:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=636556
      01-19-2012, 07:44 PM   #3384
Jeef
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperator View Post
Torque converter "ballooning," damage to its internals and increased trans fluid temps, but likely only a significant issue if you make a frequent habit of it.
I see... but I am pretty sure a couple people on here do it quite often and I believe nothing is wrong with their cars? I don't know we will wait and see
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 09:43 AM   #3385
tscdennab
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW  [6.24]
So what is the current state of the Cobb tune for RB Turbos ? Does anyone run the alpha version (or whatever version is the newest) ? It is stable enough ? Any fueling problems ? Any dyno numbers ?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 04:35 PM   #3386
Yodaime
Just a normal member.
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: Banh Xeo

335is here, day 2 with the Cobb. Stage 2+FMIC Aggresive ST, seems to run perfectly fine with my setup. FBO, no meth or aftermarket turbos. I've been pouring 93 octane in this car since day 1. I came from a JB4 and it has changed my back. <- As in it throws me in the trunk when I gun it from 60-130.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 04:40 PM   #3387
Yodaime
Just a normal member.
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: Banh Xeo

Quote:

Lucky we have Launch Control with our DCT, but Have to play with it because having to launch at 5k can normaly cause problems with the FBO now lol, like breaking an axle or dropping the tranny lol. I launch at 2k with street tires. Maybe 3500 with my new slicks coming on.

If your doing a roll race then Brake Boosting would be not 100% pointless but not good for our cars. Turbo kicks in at around 1250-1300 rpm till redline but unless you put your foot all the way down. That full boost wont kick in. So having to brake boost to warm up the 17-18psi or whatever is your max to get that pull at a 40 or 60 roll is pretty useful, But im not gonna do it everyday lols.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 05:00 PM   #3388
RnmEvo9
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Dumb question, but can the Cobb AP identify my ECU even if it is installed in another vehicle? I don't even care to upload any maps or datalog, I just want to find out what kind of ECU that I have even though the AP is installed in my friends car, or does he have to uninstall it?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0