E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > xHP Transmission flash, anyone in OZ tried?

04-03-2017, 09:10 PM   #1
rooks335
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 335i

xHP Transmission flash, anyone in OZ tried?

Looking at the xHP transmission flash for the Manual and auto ZF in our cars.
Stage 1 is about $53-55 which i'm assuming is in USD.
Quicker shifting and economical improvements for daily use from what I've read.
Stages goes all the way up to Stage 3 for race use.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lashtool&hl=en

Under demo mode there's the ability to clear TCU (trans control unit) codes, backup TCU, install XHP onto the TCU and look to see if the car is compatible.

Looks like all generations of 335i N55/N54 are covered ZF6HP19/26.

Being an October 2007 335i I'd imagine my ZF is the ZF6HP19 type.

Has anyone in oz flashed their transmission with xHP ?
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2017, 09:30 PM   #2
Rdany
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

I'm planing to in the next few days as soon as I manage to get some free time.
Not sure what to flash. My car is still stock and is a 2007 model also.
Thinking stage 2 but stage 3 is realy tempting.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2017, 09:34 PM   #3
rooks335
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdany View Post
I'm planing to in the next few days as soon as I manage to get some free time.
Not sure what to flash. My car is still stock and is a 2007 model also.
Thinking stage 2 but stage 3 is realy tempting.
Not running MHD for some tuning goodness?
Keep us posted on how you went with xHP in a few days time!
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2017, 12:05 AM   #4
Rdany
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooks335 View Post
Not running MHD for some tuning goodness?
Keep us posted on how you went with xHP in a few days time!
I did flash stage one and was awsome for about 3 minutes until a coil went pear shape.
VTL helped with a coil and I'm back on the road but went to stock again until I receive my new set of coils and plugs.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2017, 02:46 AM   #5
NapsterAU
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i N54 MSport

I ended up going from my alpina flash straight to Stage 3 and found it slightly better at shifts in M mode but heaps better in D.

I do have issues now which may or may not be related to the flash but shifting into 4th slips ever so slightly and 4th to 5th actually fails and the trans fault pops up.
So hope my trans is not on the way out >.<
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2017, 02:56 AM   #6
Brule
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i e92 6spd man

Bradsm87
Knows what's going on.
I'm sure he will help out
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2017, 02:56 AM   #7
Montye90
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdany View Post
I did flash stage one and was awsome for about 3 minutes until a coil went pear shape.
VTL helped with a coil and I'm back on the road but went to stock again until I receive my new set of coils and plugs.
Hi Rdany, FCP Euro has a sale on at the moment, just FYI, in case you hadn't ordered yet.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2017, 03:19 AM   #8
Rdany
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montye90 View Post
Hi Rdany, FCP Euro has a sale on at the moment, just FYI, in case you hadn't ordered yet.
Thanks, thats where I got them from coils, plugs and turbo boost selenoids
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2017, 08:04 PM   #9
rooks335
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NapsterAU View Post
I ended up going from my alpina flash straight to Stage 3 and found it slightly better at shifts in M mode but heaps better in D.

I do have issues now which may or may not be related to the flash but shifting into 4th slips ever so slightly and 4th to 5th actually fails and the trans fault pops up.
So hope my trans is not on the way out >.<
With a stage 3 purchase, does it come with stage 1 and 2 as well so you can flash between 1,2,3 ?
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2017, 08:47 PM   #10
bradsm87
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: F25 LCI xDrive30d

It's probably not worth playing with the TCU flash while you're still sorting out your engine stuff. Get your misfire sorted then get whatever engine mods you plan to get then flash the MHD OTS map to suit. Spend a couple of weeks driving it like that and if all is good, get the xHP Stage 3 TCU flash.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2017, 02:38 AM   #11
NapsterAU
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i N54 MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooks335 View Post
With a stage 3 purchase, does it come with stage 1 and 2 as well so you can flash between 1,2,3 ?
No you don't get the other stages. So you kinda have to know what stage you want to use straight away.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2017, 05:02 AM   #12
Mayuri Krab
The Cheap Arse Asian
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 335i & R33 Skyline GTS-T

Looks interesting although I'm broke right now lol
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2017, 08:17 PM   #13
satz
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 M40i

So can you use any of the xHP stages on an un-modded engine? ie... there's no connection between stage 1 tuning and stage 1 xHP?

Am thinking of going down the MHD stage 1, but always hold back when I read things like the post above about the coil failing...
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2017, 08:22 PM   #14
titium
Major
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by satz

Am thinking of going down the MHD stage 1, but always hold back when I read things like the post above about the coil failing...
coil was on its way out before the tune.

mhd stage 1 is probably the equivalent of the stock 1M tune. not aggressive at all.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 02:40 AM   #15
E85 335
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 2006 E92 335i Coupe

If I was everyone I would hold off cause there has been reports of issues flashing such as errors when back up your OEM profile etc. Waiting until the bugs are all out then happy days. I am pretty sure a new version is coming in the next few weeks. Thats my 2 cents worth.
Aussie e92 335i. Pure Stage 2 Twin Turbos, Pure Performance Motorsport's Forge Conrods and Pistons, Fuel-it Port Injection, 7.5" Step-Up intercooler, Fuel-it Stage 3 LPFP upgraded fuel lines, Tial 50mm BOV, TFT RHD Inlets, MHD Custom Wedge E70 Map, Split Second PI controller, BMS OCC, PRP Coil Kit, AR Design 3" Catless DP, Remus Dual 2.5" system with 84mm quad tips, RB PCV valve, CSF Radiator
Appreciate 2
titium326.50
      04-07-2017, 07:10 AM   #16
physicxz
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

I tried to flash this tonight without having read the prior issues of the flash. I can say that this has been a hassle thus far.

You need to make a mandatory backup of your TCU file which takes about 30-40 min. Once that's been done you can purchase a license for the ability to flash custom and OTS maps. The OTS maps are for separate purchase to the license to flash and the maps themselves are priced separately (Stage 1, 2 and 3).

This is where it went pear shaped. I attempted to download the OTS stage 3 map then flash and the flash failed unexpectedly about 25% in, an error within the app. The car is in a bit of a hung state and the app refuses to reflash on top of this. I've reset the TCU via the additional options tab and tried to restore the flash to my original backup. This ALSO fails, similarly to how the OTS map failed.

I've reached out to xHP for support on this and will pick this up again tomorrow morning. I might try migrate the backup to a separate android device and test to see if this is possibly device/android firmware related?
2007 E92 335i Sapphire Black | M-Sport | MHD Stage 2+ | ER Chargepipe - Tial BOV | HKS Exhaust | VRSF Catless DP | Wagner Stage 2 FMIC | VRSF Silicone Inlets | RB Silicone Outlets | aFi Stage 2 DCI | CF Front Lip | CF Rear Diffuser | VMR718 Bronze w/ AD08R's
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 05:58 PM   #17
Rdany
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by physicxz View Post
I tried to flash this tonight without having read the prior issues of the flash. I can say that this has been a hassle thus far.

You need to make a mandatory backup of your TCU file which takes about 30-40 min. Once that's been done you can purchase a license for the ability to flash custom and OTS maps. The OTS maps are for separate purchase to the license to flash and the maps themselves are priced separately (Stage 1, 2 and 3).

This is where it went pear shaped. I attempted to download the OTS stage 3 map then flash and the flash failed unexpectedly about 25% in, an error within the app. The car is in a bit of a hung state and the app refuses to reflash on top of this. I've reset the TCU via the additional options tab and tried to restore the flash to my original backup. This ALSO fails, similarly to how the OTS map failed.

I've reached out to xHP for support on this and will pick this up again tomorrow morning. I might try migrate the backup to a separate android device and test to see if this is possibly device/android firmware related?
I was planning to flash xHP this weekend but with all this problems I may wait for a while
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 06:00 PM   #18
Rdany
Enlisted Member
Rep

I was planning to flash this weekend but with all this problems I may wait
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 06:12 PM   #19
physicxz
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

So bit of an update.

If you want to transfer the backup, you also need to transfer the STATE file. This must read the current status/configuration of the car because the TCU cannot be read properly in the current state.

Tried to reflash it back to my original config to at least get my car running any it reports the same message shortly after it starts: ***app internal flash program error***.

xHP said I must have a faulty cable, but find this statement a bit questionable seeing as it was able to make a whole backup and read codes in MHD. Will need to order another cable as the car is currently unusable right now
2007 E92 335i Sapphire Black | M-Sport | MHD Stage 2+ | ER Chargepipe - Tial BOV | HKS Exhaust | VRSF Catless DP | Wagner Stage 2 FMIC | VRSF Silicone Inlets | RB Silicone Outlets | aFi Stage 2 DCI | CF Front Lip | CF Rear Diffuser | VMR718 Bronze w/ AD08R's
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 06:26 PM   #20
E85 335
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 2006 E92 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by physicxz View Post

Did you have it in airplane mode on the phone? This has to be done when flashing
Aussie e92 335i. Pure Stage 2 Twin Turbos, Pure Performance Motorsport's Forge Conrods and Pistons, Fuel-it Port Injection, 7.5" Step-Up intercooler, Fuel-it Stage 3 LPFP upgraded fuel lines, Tial 50mm BOV, TFT RHD Inlets, MHD Custom Wedge E70 Map, Split Second PI controller, BMS OCC, PRP Coil Kit, AR Design 3" Catless DP, Remus Dual 2.5" system with 84mm quad tips, RB PCV valve, CSF Radiator
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 06:38 PM   #21
tawfeeqh
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by physicxz
So bit of an update.

If you want to transfer the backup, you also need to transfer the STATE file. This must read the current status/configuration of the car because the TCU cannot be read properly in the current state.

Tried to reflash it back to my original config to at least get my car running any it reports the same message shortly after it starts: ***app internal flash program error***.

xHP said I must have a faulty cable, but find this statement a bit questionable seeing as it was able to make a whole backup and read codes in MHD. Will need to order another cable as the car is currently unusable right now
i had the same issue yesterday in that the flash crashed 50% of the way through however i managed to successfully run the emergency flash and get back to stock file. Then had another crack at it and it successfully flashed stage 3. PMd xHP and highlighted few Australian cars experiencing same issue as me and they gave same response about faulty cables. Apparently they are doing some fixes to both the app and stage 3 file and will have new versions shortly in a few days.

My car has a Nizpro built zf so was getting them to do it. The above is what they explained happened. Not sure if they did anything on top of what you tried to successfully run emergency flash and reload stage 3 flash.

xHP have advised that i will be required to update app and stage 3 flash again once they have updated.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 09:46 PM   #22
tawfeeqh
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW e90 335i

edit: delete
Appreciate 0