E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Bmw e92 headlight mod

09-17-2018, 10:21 AM   #1
Squibby1996
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW F36 440i

Done some headlight work over the weekend, eBay rings and very surprised with the outcome took 2 days and quite a difficult job here's some pictures throughout the process
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-17-2018, 10:34 AM   #2
NoGuru
Major
Rep
Drives: 335is

Garage List
2021 Chevy Silverad ...  [0.00]
2002 Jeep Cherokee  [0.00]
2014 CTS  [0.00]
2011 335is  [0.00]
Looks pretty nice!
2011 335is DCT BQ Tuning / BMS CAI / VRSF kittyless DP's / Synapse BOV and charge pipe / 7" VRSF Race FMIC / Walbro 535 and 450 on BMP4 / E90 tune / Diff Brace / PR Coils / Relocation Inlets / DAW Stage3+ Turbos / MMP port injection / xHP Stage 3 / FPR and -6 fuel lines
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2018, 12:22 AM   #3
Doesha
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i Pre-LCI Monaco Blue

Noice! What did you use to re-seal them? One of the biggest thing I debated on when I just did the one set was the rings. eBay specials or not. Just couldn't do the eBay specials only because of how hard it was to pop open the lights. They look top notch though!
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2018, 01:47 AM   #4
Squibby1996
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doesha View Post
Noice! What did you use to re-seal them? One of the biggest thing I debated on when I just did the one set was the rings. eBay specials or not. Just couldn't do the eBay specials only because of how hard it was to pop open the lights. They look top notch though!
Thanks man, and I bought some butyl sealing glue off amazon and scraped out the old stuff and put it in, so far no condensation and looks to be a good seal, and yeah but here in the uk we don't get much option for the led rings there's a company called never enough mods which sell a kit but the outer ring is too thin for my liking.

Was surprised how good these eBay ones look and I've seen a few other threads of people using these and say they've lasted a long time so fingers crossed they do haha
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2018, 02:04 AM   #5
Doesha
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squibby1996 View Post
Quote:
Thanks man, and I bought some butyl sealing glue off amazon and scraped out the old stuff and put it in, so far no condensation and looks to be a good seal, and yeah but here in the uk we don't get much option for the led rings there's a company called never enough mods which sell a kit but the outer ring is too thin for my liking.

Was surprised how good these eBay ones look and I've seen a few other threads of people using these and say they've lasted a long time so fingers crossed they do haha
Nice. I also thought about doing RGB as-well but I kind above the SwitchBack option for the Amber Flash on blinker and hazards. People get really confused when they see it.

P.S. kinda jealous on your right hand drive. Wish it was easy to get here in the states without going through 10 hoops and alot more cash out the door
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2018, 02:44 AM   #6
Squibby1996
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Nice. I also thought about doing RGB as-well but I kind above the SwitchBack option for the Amber Flash on blinker and hazards. People get really confused when they see it.

P.S. kinda jealous on your right hand drive. Wish it was easy to get here in the states without going through 10 hoops and alot more cash out the door
Ah right haha yeah the only problem with RGB that I've noticed is that you can usually see the individual leds a lot more than plain white ones so not as bright but yeah I like the idea of the switchback ones would look cool!
And ah right haha how come you want right hand drive ?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2018, 02:56 AM   #7
Doesha
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ah right haha yeah the only problem with RGB that I've noticed is that you can usually see the individual leds a lot more than plain white ones so not as bright but yeah I like the idea of the switchback ones would look cool!
I am in the states, it's only LHD over here. I used to drive my buddy's EG Civic which was RHD and the feel is just different you have to be more alert. I would do it just for a weekend car more for kicks and gigles, have those people look at your sideways and scratch their head. Take to some shows just to watch people trip out.
For the longest time I wanted a 1997 RHD Subaru SVX, but those are so hard to come by nearly impossible in decent condition. I've always had unique/rare cars so it just fits me
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2018, 07:25 AM   #8
Squibby1996
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I am in the states, it's only LHD over here. I used to drive my buddy's EG Civic which was RHD and the feel is just different you have to be more alert. I would do it just for a weekend car more for kicks and gigles, have those people look at your sideways and scratch their head. Take to some shows just to watch people trip out.
For the longest time I wanted a 1997 RHD Subaru SVX, but those are so hard to come by nearly impossible in decent condition. I've always had unique/rare cars so it just fits me
Ah right I see, I suppose it's different as you drive on the other side of the road aswell so would be the same for me getting a LHD
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2018, 09:51 AM   #9
DialedIn
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E70 & E92

This looks so awesome! I think these headlights are more true to the archetypical BMW design of the E30.

How did you black out the indicators?
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2018, 07:19 PM   #10
Squibby1996
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DialedIn View Post
This looks so awesome! I think these headlights are more true to the archetypical BMW design of the E30.

How did you black out the indicators?
Thanks man!
Yeah I think it suits the car and basically the indicator is chrome but has a lens on top of it seperate to the headlight lens. I was unsure if I sprayed the chrome black it wouldn't reflect the indicator bulb so instead I used lens smoke on the lens of the indicator turned out pretty well
Appreciate 0