E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Do you own a dog? Do you use your alarm?

05-12-2018, 07:10 PM   #1
ChristopherL
Rep
Drives: '11 328xiT

Do you own a dog? Do you use your alarm?

'11 E91

My wife went to lock the doors Friday, so she could pick up our 14 month old from daycare. We have a 70lb labrador... after locking the doors, her movement inside the car (the dog, not the kiddo) set off the alarm.

Note: We don't leave the dog in the car for long periods of time(ever), it was 50*F, overcast, and we use a small daycare where the in and out time to collect our child is sub 5 minutes. So, this isn't a "Don't leave your dog in the car" type of situation.

What options do I have to eliminate the dog setting off the alarm, for the rare occasion she may be in the car while my wife is collecting our child?

I'd be curious what other dog owners have done in instances like this.

Thank you,
-Chris
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2018, 03:12 AM   #2
ptpending
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e91

you can code alarm that it will not engage every time and only if you press close button for a some time
      07-02-2018, 04:16 PM   #3
gaz_ball
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E91 335d

If you press the lock button once more after locking the doors (within 10 seconds I think) it disables the interior sensors.
Appreciate 0