Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > I want stretch/poke. Help me.

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

02-07-2012, 04:53 PM   #45
Pcemkr
Pro Hater
Rep
Drives: Low and slow

All the answers are here... and someone said you don't need camber plates unless you want more than -1.3* up front.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2012, 11:22 PM   #46
DISCOtecizzz
Rolling Plants/Building Racecars
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pcemkr View Post
All the answers are here... and someone said you don't need camber plates unless you want more than -1.3* up front.
I know, stretchNpoke gave me everything I need. I just want to get a second opinion.
I mean, when he gave me the re-barreling suggestion, I originally wanted to bring the fronts (19x8.5") to 19x11", not 19x12". I'm just trying to rub as little as possible, and I rub in the rear now with the 19x10"... Granted, I am low on my coils and I do need my fenders rolled.

As for camber, I think I'm gonna have to go to -2.5*, per stretchNpoke's suggestion. Then I would need plates.

I'm calling VAC next week to try an get my fender rolled. I just don't wanna go to 19x12"s and them not fit still, without me "shaving" the rear fender..I didn't wanna shave it, just roll it.

I guess I'll just go for it.

Are camber plates hard to put on? I mean, I have a legit jack + stands. I guess I could have a local friend/shop max out the stock camber first. Then I could send the two fronts to Rotiform/FLOSS to get re-barrled to 12"...put em on...at that point if they don't fit, I'll have to get some camber plates. I'm not driving the car this winter anyway so I'll be able to have it sit without wheels for the season, need be.
      02-07-2012, 11:44 PM   #47
Pcemkr
Pro Hater
Rep
Drives: Low and slow

I have 18x11" et32 with 265/35 and do not rub.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2012, 06:18 PM   #48
Mr Singh
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 330D M Sport Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISCOtecizzz View Post
Pictures, as promised.
Yes, the car is dirty, and my wheels need polishing, don't hate.
I haven't been driving it the past few days because its rubbing so bad (as you can see). I contacted VAC Motorsports about ordering a spanner for the KWs, heard back from them, but still waiting to hear back confirming if they're sending them out an whatnot.

You can see theres a little camber in the rear already.

Any suggestions?

Looking at those pics.. and ones by the previous owner.. here http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=554056

It looks to me like he had 225s or 215s on the front with spacers..
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 01:04 AM   #49
tank707
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Murdered e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Tee
Put the rears on the front, rebarrel the fronts and put them in the rear or buy new rears and use the fronts as table decor.
+1 bitchin coffee table
Appreciate 0