E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Quick question about my car at 69k miles

04-04-2013, 03:11 PM   #1
miringrains
Banned
Rep
Drives: '11.5 M3 E93

Quick question about my car at 69k miles

I purchased the car at 68k miles. I already replaced the oil with lubra moly, what else should I do? Transmission fluid? I am unaware of what the original owner did in terms of service but 69k miles is rather high. I drive a good amount and I want the car to last.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2013, 03:24 PM   #2
demontwinz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i e92

spark plugs, air filter

check up on all the recalls? HPFP, injectors, wastegate, battery cable?
      04-04-2013, 03:27 PM   #3
E90Company
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Car

If I bought a car with that amount of miles, I would first try and see what the previous owner or dealer did as far as maintenance, either by asking to pull the VIN for service records, or carfax.

If you can't find anything at all, there are all good to do at your milage especially if it hasn't been done before:
-Intake Valve cleaning
-All fluids (Oil, coolant, brake, auto tranny fluid)
-Spark plugs
-Inspect brakes
-Cabin air filter and intake filter
-Tires and alignment
-Assuming you are a 2010 model, I wouldn't worry about the battery or shocks/springs yet.

While you are doing a coolant flush you might as well clean out the intercooler of all oil as well(you have to remove the intercooler to completely flush coolant)
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2013, 03:35 PM   #4
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A few BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Company View Post
If I bought a car with that amount of miles, I would first try and see what the previous owner or dealer did as far as maintenance, either by asking to pull the VIN for service records, or carfax.

If you can't find anything at all, there are all good to do at your milage especially if it hasn't been done before:
-Intake Valve cleaning
-All fluids (Oil, coolant, brake, auto tranny fluid)
-Spark plugs
-Inspect brakes
-Cabin air filter and intake filter
-Tires and alignment
-Assuming you are a 2010 model, I wouldn't worry about the battery or shocks/springs yet.

While you are doing a coolant flush you might as well clean out the intercooler of all oil as well(you have to remove the intercooler to completely flush coolant)
^ That sounds about right to me. IMO shocks/springs should be fine at that mileage, but each car is different. I'd also check for oil leaks around the turbos and oil filter housing.

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0