E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Updating all modules with WINKFP

11-23-2016, 06:22 PM   #1
Nobless
Lithuania
Rep
Drives: E91 320D 120kw

Exclamation Updating all modules with WINKFP

Hello, I attached picture with module list, which modules is updated to latest, and whick is not updated yet, wanted to ask which modules is safe to update to latest i have custom remap on the car and don't want to lose it.

Using K+DCAN USB cable with WINKFP with latest DATEN files don't remember which version is but it is 2016 years.

I think if i update DDE module i will lose custom remap ?
How about EKP ? ( Low Pressure Fuel Pump started making strange sounds when working all the time when starting engine it sound like "bzzzzz" a few days back, i think it is near the death? When i rev engine a bit it stops.... )
If it doesn't affects custom remap can i only update only EKP module without DDE ?

And how about other modules?
ASK and ANTTU i dont find in database for update, when i type theirs ZB number, WINKFP says there is no ZB number or something like that.

I don't have externar battery supply. I read CCC takes 10 hours updating. So don't want to risk so much.

MOSTGW, MASK/CCC, CID How about them ?

And the last question, in the future i'm planning to retrofit 6FL, i know i need MULF2HIGH and usb/aux, is it enough updated version of CCC to correctly work that feature ? Because i somewhere read it that it needs updated version of CCC ? is that true ?

Many thanks for the answers! Also sorry for my poor english ;/ Not my main language.
Attached Images

Last edited by Nobless; 11-23-2016 at 06:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2016, 06:52 PM   #2
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

What do you want to update the modules for?

You will gain virtually nothing. You already have very new datens.

Do no attempt to update more than one module without power supply.

Also, EGS / EKP / DDE should really be updated together. But yes, if you update DDE you map will be gone.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2016, 01:47 AM   #3
Nobless
Lithuania
Rep
Drives: E91 320D 120kw

Why i will got nothing ? as an example when i updated sunroof module, my sunroof closes better, before update i was getting passing wind when sunroof was closed, after update it was fixed. Also with DWA became more sensitive ultrasonic sensor inside. Same with PDC more sensitive, better measurings it shows distance faster. After all, car was released 10 years ago. Code improved?,bugfixes. I think BMW releases new versions of modules, not only for the bigger number. At last i got some improvements with some modules, as i said.

Started to update some modules because when i retrofitted FLA it doesn't worked. So also thought to update the rest which is old..

Updated modules with started engine, till now no problems.

DDE is from 2013-2014 daten files if i remember well, so not so old, maybe there will be nothing bad to update EKP only ?
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2016, 02:53 AM   #4
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobless
Why i will got nothing ? as an example when i updated sunroof module, my sunroof closes better, before update i was getting passing wind when sunroof was closed, after update it was fixed. Also with DWA became more sensitive ultrasonic sensor inside. Same with PDC more sensitive, better measurings it shows distance faster. After all, car was released 10 years ago. Code improved?,bugfixes. I think BMW releases new versions of modules, not only for the bigger number. At last i got some improvements with some modules, as i said.

Started to update some modules because when i retrofitted FLA it doesn't worked. So also thought to update the rest which is old..

Updated modules with started engine, till now no problems.

DDE is from 2013-2014 daten files if i remember well, so not so old, maybe there will be nothing bad to update EKP only ?
Yea, that's all fine, but the majority of your modules say 2016...which is not 10 years.

Ok, that's fine, continue to update your modules with engine running. Please do not come crying when your car is bricked.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2016, 05:41 PM   #5
808AWD325xi
Ballin' out of control.
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobless View Post
Hello, I attached picture with module list, which modules is updated to latest, and whick is not updated yet, wanted to ask which modules is safe to update to latest i have custom remap on the car and don't want to lose it.

Using K+DCAN USB cable with WINKFP with latest DATEN files don't remember which version is but it is 2016 years.

I think if i update DDE module i will lose custom remap ?
How about EKP ? ( Low Pressure Fuel Pump started making strange sounds when working all the time when starting engine it sound like "bzzzzz" a few days back, i think it is near the death? When i rev engine a bit it stops.... )
If it doesn't affects custom remap can i only update only EKP module without DDE ?

And how about other modules?
ASK and ANTTU i dont find in database for update, when i type theirs ZB number, WINKFP says there is no ZB number or something like that.

I don't have externar battery supply. I read CCC takes 10 hours updating. So don't want to risk so much.

MOSTGW, MASK/CCC, CID How about them ?

And the last question, in the future i'm planning to retrofit 6FL, i know i need MULF2HIGH and usb/aux, is it enough updated version of CCC to correctly work that feature ? Because i somewhere read it that it needs updated version of CCC ? is that true ?

Many thanks for the answers! Also sorry for my poor english ;/ Not my main language.
If you want to update several modules, you should be using an external power supply, an ICOM interface, and ISTA/P.

If you insist on using a K+DCAN USB interface, I suggest running ISTA/D and examining the control unit (module) tree. As a rule of thumb, avoid attempting to reprogram any module which is not exclusively attached to one of the CAN buses:

Reprogramming the DDE will result in a loss of your custom remap. There could potentially be other caveats, prerequisite steps, and in some cases, supplementary steps required on a per module basis. It's best to thoroughly research these things in advance.

As of SP daten 60.0, there are newer ZB numbers for several of your modules (i.e. MRS, EKP, TEL, etc.), the best way to check this is to run the latest version of ISTA/P and generate a measures plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible_ View Post
Yea, that's all fine, but the majority of your modules say 2016...which is not 10 years.

Ok, that's fine, continue to update your modules with engine running. Please do not come crying when your car is bricked.
+1
      12-03-2016, 05:44 AM   #6
Ibo24
New BMW owner
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW 316d, BMW F40 116d

Garage List
My car is a 2005, e90.
My KOMBI for instance does not have the option to change the DRL on and off, nor the notification for when I activate cruise control.

Will updating with WINKF help me get these features?
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2018, 08:10 PM   #7
morto
Rep
Drives: BMW E90

To get this options try to code this to functions in kombi module.

DRL on and off
TAG_LICHT_AN ---> activ
TAG_LICHT_AUS --> activ

activate cruise control
TEMPOMAT_SETZ_ANZ_DAUER
change from wert_01 to wert_02
Appreciate 1
      05-10-2021, 03:21 PM   #8
bimmerlaunius
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i 2007 x54.8i

Talking

which version of inpa are you using??? if you dont mind. mine is from bimmergeeks and does not have nearly as much translation.
Appreciate 0