E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > Project335i and FLOSS do some WORK

Closed Thread

01-31-2013, 10:26 AM   #111
project335i
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Wide Load

Lol buddy is a troll as per the comments he posts. Doesn't know shit but let him go on
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 10:31 AM   #112
amanuuh
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi R8

lmao at the r.g thinks he is cool with dinan parts

all dinan does with wheels and stuff is take of bbs and hre center caps and slap on theirs

love the new wheels bro
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 12:05 PM   #113
jim.e.
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 E90

hopefully I catch your ride on the streets this year! looking forward to the new stance/setup.

I have to rip out the suspension on my e90 this year and get new shoes. should be interesting
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 03:06 PM   #114
wafik
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 ZCP / R56 JCW

LOL at R.G!!! Sorry dude, just being honest here but out of your 20's and project335i's wheels....project335i beats you on every single level. Better quality, looks, understanding...just better wheels by a mile.

Sorry I had to say this as I read R.G.'s comments which were uncalled for considering these are one of the best rims/stance/setup etc (and there was no need to flame project335i's wheels like that) and then saw R.G's thread about his new wheels which just meant game over
      01-31-2013, 03:10 PM   #115
R.G.
Captain
Rep
Drives: Isetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by wafik View Post
LOL at R.G!!! Sorry dude, just being honest here but out of your 20's and project335i's wheels....project335i beats you on every single level. Better quality, looks, understanding...just better wheels by a mile.

Sorry I had to say this as I read R.G.'s comments which were uncalled for considering these are one of the best rims/stance/setup etc (and there was no need to flame project335i's wheels like that) and then saw R.G's thread about his new wheels which just meant game over

Haha no worries man. Just not my flavor

Love the 1m bumper btw dude. Super saucy
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 03:12 PM   #116
wafik
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 ZCP / R56 JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.G. View Post
Haha no worries man. Just not my flavor

Love the 1m bumper btw dude. Super saucy
Thanks dude..

Got nothing personal against you so hope there's no offence taken but just thought it wasn't to good to put him down like that...but yeah guess everyone has their style of wheels! Would be boring if we all had the same style...
      01-31-2013, 03:13 PM   #117
R.G.
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wafik View Post
Thanks dude..

Got nothing personal against you so hope there's no offence taken but just thought it wasn't to good to put him down like that...but yeah guess everyone has their style of wheels! Would be boring if we all had the same style...

None taken. Just breaking his balls because hes usually on the other side of that.

Exactly

Last edited by R.G.; 01-31-2013 at 03:14 PM.. Reason: (SP)
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 03:36 PM   #118
robc1976
DIYER
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
The guy with orange 90s rims in his avatar from Estonia is giving me style criticism. Laughable
The same guy who has helped countless member on this site achieve a look that they want (lot of people's "go to guy"), same guy that also took many hours out of his day to dial in my suspension in perfectly.

Dinan CAI = less air flow and more strain on your turbos than a $90.00 set of DCI and the Dinan cost $1,000.....maybe instead of buying all this expensive overpriced Dinan shit and put it into your rims. BTW a Dinian intercooler has higher IAT than my ER.

I have 20's also and they do not compare to the works of art in this thread, before you start ripping on someone else shit maybe you should have quality shit yourself.
JB4 G5, Stage 3 LPFP, Stage 2 MOTIV PI, VM 6466 ST, Custom OCC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2, DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid SF bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, M3 fenders, M3 OEM sideskirts, Mtech rear bumper, CSL trunk, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 03:42 PM   #119
R.G.
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by robc1976
Quote:
The guy with orange 90s rims in his avatar from Estonia is giving me style criticism. Laughable
The same guy who has helped countless member on this site achieve a look that they want (lot of people's "go to guy"), same guy that also took many hours out of his day to dial in my suspension in perfectly.

Dinan CAI = less air flow and more stain on your turbos than a $90.00 set of DCI and the Dinan cost $1,000.....maybe instead of buying all this expensive overpriced Dinan shit and put it into your rims. BTW a Dinian intercooler has higher IAT than my ER.

I have 20's also and they do not compare to the works of art in this thread, before you start ripping on someone else shit maybe you should have quality shit yourself.
Glad he was able to help you Rob. Sounds like he put some time in to it. Kudos for that

Dinan is not everyone's deal but it was a bigger equation than turbo stains for me.

I don't like some art. I think with 100 people loving it he could handle one guys opinion not liking it.
      02-01-2013, 12:14 AM   #120
JCS
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 335

whoa whoooaaa....

WTF is going on here?!?!

Fellas, if u guys like the wheels...then great!! Thanks for the love!!

If not, that's cool too... but just GTFO and have a nice day!!

Here's another pic of the wheels @project335i.. They'll ship out Monday!!

A little sneek peek for those that appreciate some wheel art...

re-barreled BBS Impuls, BBS LMs, OEM Style 5s, and Work VS-XXs (project335i's)

FLOSSdesign!!!

Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 12:27 AM   #121
#Tee
Major General
Rep
Drives: yes

Buy used weak specd wheels for cheap and have FLOSS bring them back to life in all its glory, everyone wins this way.

You can follow my builds on IG: Tee212
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 01:12 AM   #122
robc1976
DIYER
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCS View Post
whoa whoooaaa....

WTF is going on here?!?!

Fellas, if u guys like the wheels...then great!! Thanks for the love!!

If not, that's cool too... but just GTFO and have a nice day!!

Here's another pic of the wheels @project335i.. They'll ship out Monday!!

A little sneek peek for those that appreciate some wheel art...

re-barreled BBS Impuls, BBS LMs, OEM Style 5s, and Work VS-XXs (project335i's)

FLOSSdesign!!!

gorgeous....wow! I will own a set soon...next mod for sure...will be my 3rd set in a year...,3rd time is a charm right???
JB4 G5, Stage 3 LPFP, Stage 2 MOTIV PI, VM 6466 ST, Custom OCC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2, DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid SF bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, M3 fenders, M3 OEM sideskirts, Mtech rear bumper, CSL trunk, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 01:13 AM   #123
robc1976
DIYER
Rep

Quote:
Glad he was able to help you Rob. Sounds like he put some time in to it. Kudos for that

Dinan is not everyone's deal but it was a bigger equation than turbo stains for me.

I don't like some art. I think with 100 people loving it he could handle one guys opinion not liking it.
Lol! I was a bit pissy earlier lol!!
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 01:17 AM   #124
niiCk
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

damnnnnnn! those are nice
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 03:50 AM   #125
Hybrid For Life
Banned
Germany
Rep
Drives: Out of Spec

The level of entertainment in this thread is off the charts, haha.

What tires do you plan on running?
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 03:45 PM   #126
C9A1L1L
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i

Nice thread,

I'm slapping some 13s on the back of my E90 and 10.5s in the front.. Face is being dipped in bronze with white hardware. 5" lip on the front and 6.5" lip on the back.

Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 03:55 PM   #127
project335i
Banned
Canada
Rep

Interesting would like to see how that turns out not to keen on the colour choices you will need a ton of camber to make it fit which can turn out really sloppy looking or can look good. Look forward to seeing it though. I hope you have a proper suspension set up and are dropped properly. Sucks there flat lips though
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 04:15 PM   #128
C9A1L1L
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by project335i View Post
Interesting would like to see how that turns out not to keen on the colour choices you will need a ton of camber to make it fit which can turn out really sloppy looking or can look good. Look forward to seeing it though. I hope you have a proper suspension set up and are dropped properly. Sucks there flat lips though

I was just joking, these wheels were made for my LSX FD RX7. I live in NorCal and have been around the stance scene literally since its beginning. One thing I have noted from seeing others setups is anything over 11" is doing too much. 11.5 is pushing it. The jelly bean look is something a lot of us who have been around from the beginning are noticing people doing. Caring more about quantity than quality. Wanting to say "I stuffed a 1X wide wheel in there!" Rather than "Look how perfectly flush his fender is with the lip on his car and it doesn't look like its floating on pillows. I wont lie, Lexus guys are killing the BMW group from a pure stance point. I see the word "Proper stance" used followed by what would not be considered "Proper stance". "Extreme/aggressive" yes.. "Proper" eh.. Once your wheel gets to the point where you cant 100% tuck tire its gone too far to be considered simply "proper".

I am not fond of step lips as well. Its my own preference but I prefer a more sleek/smooth look. There is no special science to stancing a vehicle, its all math, simple math and then personal taste all rolled into one lol.

I'm thinking what ever wheel it will be will run a polished lip, copper hardware, and white face on Ti Silver. Contrasting, but tasteful. But tasteful without being too typical. Its hard out here to stand out. Even a Bimmer with bright orange CCWs will blend right in at a show lol.

On a side note, love to see you pushing the envelope. Car looks great and you'd fit in well down here with us Californians. Keep up the good work

Last edited by C9A1L1L; 02-10-2013 at 04:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 05:07 PM   #129
project335i
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by C9A1L1L
Quote:
Originally Posted by project335i View Post

I was just joking, these wheels were made for my LSX FD RX7. I live in NorCal and have been around the stance scene literally since its beginning. One thing I have noted from seeing others setups is anything over 11" is doing too much. 11.5 is pushing it. The jelly bean look is something a lot of us who have been around from the beginning are noticing people doing. Caring more about quantity than quality. Wanting to say "I stuffed a 1X wide wheel in there!" Rather than "Look how perfectly flush his fender is with the lip on his car and it doesn't look like its floating on pillows. I wont lie, Lexus guys are killing the BMW group from a pure stance point. I see the word "Proper stance" used followed by what would not be considered "Proper stance". "Extreme/aggressive" yes.. "Proper" eh.. Once your wheel gets to the point where you cant 100% tuck tire its gone too far to be considered simply "proper".

I am not fond of step lips as well. Its my own preference but I prefer a more sleek/smooth look. There is no special science to stancing a vehicle, its all math, simple math and then personal taste all rolled into one lol.

I'm thinking what ever wheel it will be will run a polished lip, copper hardware, and white face on Ti Silver. Contrasting, but tasteful. But tasteful without being too typical. Its hard out here to stand out. Even a Bimmer with bright orange CCWs will blend right in at a show lol.

On a side note, love to see you pushing the envelope. Car looks great and you'd fit in well down here with us Californians. Keep up the good work
Lol. I was thinking to myself that's just to much and is not going to be clean at all. Lol. I agree with alot of what you said about the scene and how alot of people saying they have proper fitment are way off and are just way to cambered out and fenders fucked ruining the clean yet aggressive look I like when it comes to fitment. No away days everyone is more about " I have so on" and "this big" rather then quality of wheel and the actual fitment of them.

I know 11.5 on a LCI was pushing it and some say to much but I didn't have extreme camber or anything of that nature. The car still say right tucked the tire and had the but of poke that I like I atleast tried and thought it wasn't to much and a very clean look even though they were orange. Now with the new wheels and as you said its just simple math I figure out with 12 and the slightly different offsets it will gimme just that bit more of poke I was after for this summer. I like a aggressive looking wheel set up yet still very clean looking executed properly and not over the top. When the damn snow lets up I will do my best to pull off what I want for my car this year

I know how it is in Cali dude I have a few friends out there that I talk to on a regular basis and I know the scene is huge there and it's very hard to be different even with orange CCWs.
I tried with this new set up to keep it clean yet have a few minor touchs that would set these wheels apart a bit compared to most out there. I like to push the envelope with most things I get into weather it be cars snowboarding or even renovating doing something different is what gets me going. rolleyes:

Thanks for the comments and input I appeciate talking to another person that is knowledgable about the scene
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 11:30 PM   #130
C9A1L1L
Private
Rep

It's good to set people who care about quality.. These are Bimmers for god sakes yet I see more reps than on Honda boards. Half these guys would get laughed out of a show over here showing up with a lux car and fake wheels. Poseur status. This ah*t doesn't fly with the other luxury brands apart from Acura (lol) Btw if I was on here sooner and saw those ccws I woulda scooped em up for another project.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 06:27 AM   #131
cirocksf
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: space grey 335i e92

Quote:
Seriously tho. Id get laughed all the way to China town if I rocked those shoes in Vegas. Every town is different of course
Im sure theyre the hottest thing in Estonia?? Is that where OP is from lol

My rims just came in (bought the car a month ago) but the car is at BMW getting dinan parts installed this weekend. Ill put mine up when they get installed next week. Im sure Ill get heat too haha

all this smack talk and this is what your car looks like.. -_____- srsly.... those wheels belong on like a fake bmw from chinatown. il be straight. dont mess with the stance scene and the stance scene wont mess with you. btw... so much smack talk and you dont work on ur own car. the dealer does. at least stance heads put in work and we know how to do our stuff ourselves. lol.... those wheels..... and ur hatting on some WORK wheels.... sorry you're so clueless.

Lowlife. SF Daily.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 07:56 AM   #132
R.G.
Captain
Rep

Quote:
dont mess with the stance scene and the stance scene wont mess with you.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread