E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Keep parking lights on until doors locked? [FRM II]

03-05-2021, 11:29 PM   #1
e90yyc
Art Collector
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi (GM-delete 6MT)

Keep parking lights on until doors locked? [FRM II]

Like the title says, I'm wondering if it's possible to code parking lights to stay on until the car is locked? Currently they stay on until the driver door is opened.

With FRM, you can change the following to achieve this:

Code:
OPTIONEN_SL_ABSCH
wert_01
With FRM II, no such option exists. The closest thing is this, with AKTIV as default:
Code:
OPTIONEN_SL_ABSCH_TFL_FLC
aktiv
nicht_aktiv
Changing this to NICHT_AKTIV does keep the parking lights on when the door is opened; the problem is they don't turn off, even when the car is locked...

When you code this you'll get a warning from the KOMBI when you open your door because the car thinks you forgot to turn your lights off. I know you can code this warning out, but I'm curious if anyone has found a way to retain the warning for legitimate lights-left-on situation where the switch itself is on the parking lamp position, while suppressing it for the coded-on lights (that will turn off upon locking).

I'll keep combing through the options to see if I can get this to work and post back here if I do. Thought someone might have already done this as I would think it's kind of the natural companion to welcome lights.

Last edited by e90yyc; 03-05-2021 at 11:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2021, 06:09 AM   #2
Emilime75
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i E92 LeMans Blue

There's the follow me home feature. A little different than what you asked about as it leaves the headlights on after locking the car for a predetermined amount of time. You do also have to manually turn that on everytime you want to use it by turning off the car and pulling back on the turn signal stalk. Maybe there are coding options there to manipulate that feature to your liking?
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2021, 05:24 PM   #3
e90yyc
Art Collector
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi (GM-delete 6MT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilime75 View Post
There's the follow me home feature. A little different than what you asked about as it leaves the headlights on after locking the car for a predetermined amount of time. You do also have to manually turn that on everytime you want to use it by turning off the car and pulling back on the turn signal stalk. Maybe there are coding options there to manipulate that feature to your liking?
Thanks!

Yeah... I'm already familiar with the follow-me-home feature. It's possible to code a few things related to it, such as the duration of activation, as well as whether you can extend it with subsequent pulls of the stalk, or cancel by pushing out. I also have an option for changing the duration in my KOMBI.

I figure it must be possible to code the parking lights to stay on until lock, but maybe it isn't... IIRC my 340 did this, but that car was 10 years newer...