E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Mickey Mouse flange just failed.

04-02-2024, 05:10 PM   #89
cooperolson
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulForeman View Post
Just had my Rein flange "fail" after a year and about 15k miles.

Took it out and found the o-ring to be compressed and very brittle. Replaced the o-ring and put it back together. This seemed to work for me for now. The aluminum part is fine, just a bad o-ring. Then I went to leave a review on the part on FCP Euro and found other reviews stating the same thing.

OEM Replacement O-Ring is available online or at the dealer for ~$2-5 each. 11-53-7-545-278

OE Supplier O-Ring

OR

BMW OEM O-Ring

Had the same symptoms as e91Owner.

The same thing happened to me... I have now gone through 2 of these Rein hoses, and both have failed in under 1 year. I might just have to go back and buy and OEM plastic one. Maybe I will just pickup one a OEM O ring and see if it seals better than the crappy Rein one.
Appreciate 2
      04-02-2024, 06:28 PM   #90
bmw335ie90
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperolson View Post
The same thing happened to me... I have now gone through 2 of these Rein hoses, and both have failed in under 1 year. I might just have to go back and buy and OEM plastic one. Maybe I will just pickup one a OEM O ring and see if it seals better than the crappy Rein one.
Anyone installing the Rein coolant flange needs throw the provided o-ring into the garbage and use a higher quality one for sure.

https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=29606927
Appreciate 2