E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Hello i need some help please and didnt know where to post

12-31-2020, 01:22 AM   #1
ilovebimmerssomuch
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw e90 320d 163

Hello i need some help please and didnt know where to post

So its a bit of a story a couple of months ago i left my car ( bmw e90 the 163 version ) at my mom's house as i started using a different car for a bit for my job . A weeek ago i go there and realise the all the power had run out of the battery because my mom literally forgot the key in the ignition while the car was just sitting ..so i hook up the cables start giving it power from my other car all good the electronics start while the cables are connected i wait for 10 minutes then i press the start button the solenoid clicks , i hear some clicks from the back as well but nothing the car doesnt start i tried waiting for another half hour with the cables connected still the same and when i take the cables of the car just dies it holds no power . I tried clicking the start button a couple of times maybe get the battery to start but to no avail .. i also unhooked the ibs and tried again still nothing but when i go in the secret menu in the battery voltage metter it hovered around 13v . did this ever happen to you guys ? it should be the battery's fault right ? it was fully discharged then the winter cold came and it just killed it ? Thanks in advance for any answers
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2020, 01:57 AM   #2
fgpalmer71
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Genesis sedan 3.8 AWD

I'm of the opinion that battery is totally dead. Time for a new battery.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2020, 07:40 AM   #3
dmatre
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgpalmer71 View Post
I'm of the opinion that battery is totally dead. Time for a new battery.
+1. That battery is toast.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2020, 09:18 AM   #4
Buug959
Captain
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 335xi E90, GMC Sierra, VW Golf

If the battery was discharged and then frozen the battery is almost definitely damaged and needs to be replaced. A discharged battery will freeze damaging the internal plates. There is no way to repair that damage. It's time for a new battery.
      12-31-2020, 09:54 AM   #5
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemansE90335xi View Post
If the battery was discharged and then frozen the battery is almost definitely damaged and needs to be replaced. A discharged battery will freeze damaging the internal plates. There is no way to repair that damage. It's time for a new battery.
I'd be concerned the case broke and the acid has leaked into the battery well.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 1
Buug95917721.50