E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > What's with my ride height?

03-07-2014, 11:51 PM   #23
-Wingman-
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M-Sport

Hmm, well this kinda sucks :/. I honestly can't really complain about the ride quality because I'm used to worse. I'm just glad I don't have that floaty sensation associated with xdrive cars. So the combination of the H&R springs along with my PS2 ZP's gives a harsher ride than normal. I looked again under the car, and I think there's more investigating to do. Would M components such as a control arm or something, have a specific part number or 'M' stamp I could look for?
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2014, 07:49 AM   #24
ajsalida
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 95 M3, 02 R1150GSA, 09 335xi

Yeah def get it up on a rack and look closely at everything.

Also you might check for a tune, esp piggy back, aftermarket exhaust, intake/charge pipe, BOV, catless downpipes etc. etc.

If you don't mind the ride or ride height, I wouldn't hassle the dealer over it. I would take it back and note it, that they sold you a modified CPO. Get them to either guarantee no voiding of CPO, or if not some other compensation/goodwill gesture for no CPO. This is after you find out about other mods. If you find other significant mods, I'd take it back have them do a thorough inspection for undisclosed mods and either take the car back with full refund or agree to cover it, compensate you for no CPO, whatever.

I doubt they knew it prior to selling to you but who knows. If you paid for a CPO car and it is modified to where it could void CPO, will be hard later to prove it was that way before you bought it and they just missed it.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2014, 09:29 AM   #25
Andrewe92
enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 lci 335xi

Garage List
Im thinking you have h &r springs on stock shocks.. i didn't read much other posts in here so idk if this is a lease or you own the car but I recommdend you put new shocks that match up with the springs other wise your suspension wont last as long .. try your hardest to id the shocks tho sounds stock
Appreciate 0