E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Coolant problem, leak from engine?

01-13-2020, 08:08 PM   #1
soulcrusher
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Coolant problem, leak from engine?

Hi forum,
I've been working on a recently purchased 2007 e92 335i for the past month.

While I was at work. My father decided to run the car for 10 minutes, its been misfiring due to a 30BB DME order injector error, and the car began to leak large amounts of coolant. He immediately turned it off.

I'm currently on my third coolant flush with DI water. There was only clear water leaking.

The leak came from the expansion tank (ok) BUT also from the engine, next to the ignition system after the second coil pack. I attached an online image and drew BLUE ARROWS pointing to the location of the engine leak. Disregard the orange edits! its an online picture

Why would coolant/DI water leak from there? My father said it was also fizzling out in bubbles. I've been TRYING to get the car ready for daily driving, putting money into maintenance, and this has been demoralizing.
Attached Images

Last edited by soulcrusher; 01-13-2020 at 09:52 PM..
Appreciate 0