E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > In response to how Hunter was treated by ModBargins...

Closed Thread

05-23-2007, 08:35 PM   #1
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
In response to how Hunter was treated by ModBargins...

hmm. Don to say this nicely, you kinda suck. I for one back Hunter 100%. I don't care who's product you're now endorsing. You still went about things the wrong way. If you were going to sell this "new better product", knowing full well that Hunter was selling it and was so nice to send you a free one but didn't even have the balls to give him a heads up. Your excuse is, "Oh man, sorry I was so busy. I honestly didn't even open his up." That's complete BS.

I run a business as well just like several others on this forum. Granted my business does not deal with cars, but I have to deal with asshole attorneys all day long that want their shit done ASAP, even though I have other clients that pay me more then them. Modbargins is notorious for picking and choosing their customers, which is kinda F'd up.

Oh but no worries, it's OK for you to be a slimeball since you pay the vendor fee. That makes it all ok. I'll tell you this I wil NEVER buy anything from your poorly ran, sorry excuse for a company even if I have to pay more from somewhere else. What ModBargins needs to learn is that they are not the only fish in the massive pond that is automotive stores. If you keep pissing people off at this rate, you won't have much to call a store in no time.

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2007, 08:58 PM   #2
oneshare325
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i, E82 135i

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
2006 325i  [0.00]
I do feel bad that hunter sent them a set for free, that is really low.

But as it has been stated in the FS thread, this is the nature of business, hunter had a monopoly on the market, who's product i love, don't get me wrong, (I have 2 sets of hunters). Competition lowers prices, and forces the seller to make a better product, (both sides on this issue).

It is kinda dense to believe no one will ever make a product like hunters!! Similar to the Piaa, Brex, Lux market. I also am not taking sides, I like hunters product, and mod bargains makes great products.

But mod bargains is offering a product that hunter does not! The etched/clear color. many people have asked hunter to make this, but he has yet to do it. If you look through the FS thread you see that everyone interested is interested in the etched color. Which is a completely different product!

my .02
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2007, 09:03 PM   #3
ADHD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Garage List
21 M540i  [0.00]
07 e90 335  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneshare325 View Post
I do feel bad that hunter sent them a set for free, that is really low.

But as it has been stated in the FS thread, this is the nature of business, hunter had a monopoly on the market, who's product i love, don't get me wrong, (I have 2 sets of hunters). Competition lowers prices, and forces the seller to make a better product, (both sides on this issue).

It is kinda dense to believe no one will ever make a product like hunters!! Similar to the Piaa, Brex, Lux market. I also am not taking sides, I like hunters product, and mod bargains makes great products.

But mod bargains is offering a product that hunter does not! The etched/clear color. many people have asked hunter to make this, but he has yet to do it. If you look through the FS thread you see that everyone interested is interested in the etched color. Which is a completely different product!

my .02

U have to realize HUNTER SENT HIM A FREE PAIR!!!

I do see your point as well yes there will be similiar products etc but when u directly take a pair and then start selling them a month later thats a bit ridicouls
      05-23-2007, 09:11 PM   #4
oneshare325
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i, E82 135i

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHD View Post

I do see your point as well yes there will be similiar products etc but when u directly take a pair and then start selling them a month later thats a bit ridicouls
Oh yea...Totally....that is why I am not more defined on this issue...if hunter had not sent them a free pair, I would have sided with mod bargains... do agree that the free pair is a little ridiculous!:mad: :mad:
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2007, 09:20 PM   #5
Hunter399
Major General
Rep
Drives: F90M5

Thanks alot guys I really appriciate your help!
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2007, 09:22 PM   #6
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
i agree that everybody should be able to sell their own versions of a similar product but i think the coincidence between **********s and hunter is shaddy.

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2007, 09:24 PM   #7
Hunter399
Major General
Rep
Drives: F90M5

Exactly, I send them a free pair and they screw me...not cool at all
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2007, 09:55 PM   #8
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
No one will deny the fact that someone would have eventually come out with a similar product. Just the series of events that unfolded showed just how low ModBargins really could go.

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2007, 09:57 PM   #9
Ryan@Motorwerks
Captain
Rep
Drives: X3M

+1 for not buying anything from **********s.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2007, 10:06 PM   #10
Carnage
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: people insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by just4kickz View Post
i agree that everybody should be able to sell their own versions of a similar product but i think the coincidence between **********s and hunter is shaddy.
I agree, the timing just doesn't look good.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2007, 11:37 PM   #11
Driv3r
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E46 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
You know its really messed up. **********s is really not getting a good reputation on this board after this sneaky little "job" they did to Hunter...I think they should compensate with maybe a free gift certificate to Hunter or something else...

Honestly, wasnt really a good move on **********s.....
      05-24-2007, 12:03 AM   #12
Don Nguyen
Banned
Rep
Drives: '99 M3 Vert, '95 M3 Coupe, 964

wow, so much drama over such a small piece of vinyl.

Hunter was telling me that he was getting his vinyl covers for something like $25 or $35 dollars, and that he would sell it to me at that cost. Why would I go back to him to see what he can do, since I knew that he was already not going to be able to beat this guy's new price.

Uh, I didn't say I did not open up the package, of course I did, that's how I know what his looks like versus what the other guy is offering me.

I don't choose who I sell to, I am willing to help out anybody that comes to me, just because there is a sour ball here and there don't try to make it sound like we only sell to a select few individuals. How would our business stay alive if this is true?

I've never had this much drama on a forum before, and I've been on bimmerforums for almost over 4 years now, half of the time as a regular member and the other half as a vendor.

How was I a slimeball? Because someone came up to me with something that is similar and cheaper? Competition is nothing something new.

Quote:

It must have been more than a month now, reguardless, sure he sent me a pair. Companies send out "demos" or free stuff to us so we can test it out and figure out if we want to sell their product or not. This is not something that is new guys, it happens all the time. It is basically a form or advertising/proposing for us to sell their product. The pair that hunter sent me was just a standard piece of black vinyl. I would have gladly paid him the cost of the vinyl too. We are argueing over $35 dollars here, compared to how much he has made and how much we make, that is nothing.

How is the timing not good? What control do I have over a supplier coming to me about a product that is similar to Hunters? I wish they would have come out with it before him? What am I to say.

I conduct my business the same here as I do anywhere else, it's just because I do not post as much over here, I don't get the same support.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2007, 12:37 AM   #13
longtran
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
you forgot to add, "if you guys don't buy from us, then don't." it seem like that is your company slogan.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2007, 12:42 AM   #14
Don Nguyen
Banned
Rep

You guys really like nick picking what I say on the forums. I feel like I am being interviewed by a television station or some magazine.

Also, just want to let you guys know, it wasn't a one way street. Before hunter gave us a sample of his vinyl, we also hooked him up with some parts at a sponsership discount (which is very close to cost).
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2007, 01:45 AM   #15
EOE90
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15

Garage List
2006 3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don************ View Post
Companies send out "demos" or free stuff to us so we can test it out and figure out if we want to sell their product or not.

your not selling his product, your taking his market.
      05-24-2007, 01:49 AM   #16
Don Nguyen
Banned
Rep

Read the rest of what I wrote and all of the other posts.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2007, 08:57 AM   #17
ADHD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Garage List
21 M540i  [0.00]
07 e90 335  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don************ View Post
Read the rest of what I wrote and all of the other posts.
We have read what u posted and Your just digging yourself your own grave!!!!

You are seriusly a class act DON

Ur hole company in a whole needs to go back to business ethics 101!

You and your company have belittled, threatened, and have now STOLEN from or directly to members on this forum and YES i have a list of peeps that have PMed me about your UNETHICAL service..

You claim to PRICE MATCH GUARANTEE wheels yet u quote RETAIL!!
And then u procede to tell me thats a SPECIAL price for a SPECIAL someone!!:mad:

U make me and i hope i see u one day so i can on you!!
      05-24-2007, 09:30 AM   #18
Don Nguyen
Banned
Rep

I like how you are trying to imput random opinions you have about us, without knowing the exact details. You should use spell check and read, yes, read the posts.

You never even gave me a price to match, so I don't even know why you are complaining. You just started yelling, cursing, and using your smiley faces after I gave you the quote. You did not once come back to show me another competitor's price, at what he was trying to sell it to you for. But then, aren't they "stealing" from me, or am I "stealing" from them? I don't know how it works anymore.

Feel free to PM me the list of names and people that PMed you with complaints about me. I want to see if you are really just making it up, or if they are truely complaints about us, because I don't see a reason why they would go to you about it personally.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2007, 10:12 AM   #19
Spazdoc
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 C63S, 2001 S4

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:

Was Hunter sending him a free pair in order to sell them through **********s and, in effect, make more money on his 'invention'?

Yes, Hunter was making money on these and was apparently the first one to come out with this mod on the e90, but this is not a new concept. Like I joked on the other thread, I did this ages ago on my Accord, and I got the dea from other people that did it before me.

If yuo want to see some real hardcore business marketing/distribution, you should watch a documentary on WalMart and their practices. Now they really hold yor feet to the fire.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2007, 12:33 PM   #20
E86M
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86 Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
We have read what u posted and Your just digging yourself your own grave!!!!

You are seriusly a class act DON

Ur hole company in a whole needs to go back to business ethics 101!

You and your company have belittled, threatened, and have now STOLEN from or directly to members on this forum and YES i have a list of peeps that have PMed me about your UNETHICAL service..

You claim to PRICE MATCH GUARANTEE wheels yet u quote RETAIL!!
And then u procede to tell me thats a SPECIAL price for a SPECIAL someone!!:mad:

U make me and i hope i see u one day so i can on you!!
I agree with you
      05-24-2007, 03:29 PM   #21
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
The main problem is they can't put the shovel down. They get any sort of criticism and they go into disaster mode. I just don't get how they can't just grow a set, man up and admit they were ever so slightly in the wrong. Instead they begin to alienate customers with borderline offensive comments. Then back everything with, "oh this is business 101 or blah blah blah". Nobody cares about the excuses. Do you want to hear excuses as to why someone is slow in sending you a payment? Prolly now, so why would we want to hear yours?

Maybe you haven't heard this one, "the customer is always right". You have nothing without your customers, clients or whomever. I would put money on the fact that if some of the people that go through you to sell their product knew how you treated the bottomline, the customers, they would for sure find another vendor to sell their products. Taking you back to ModBargins is by far not the only car product store/website in the world. Keep it up MB, your business strategy seems to be driving you in the wrong direction.

retired 06 E90 325i

Appreciate 0
      05-24-2007, 03:45 PM   #22
NaTuReB0Y