E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > Can you bookmark presets page w/ programmable keys?

09-21-2010, 09:03 PM   #1
FadyDizzle
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: -

Can you bookmark presets page w/ programmable keys?

Hi all,

Interested in a 3-series and I see that you can set the 6 programmable buttons to different functions. I am interested in an I-Drive Nav setup. So, can I program the radio presets page to say button 1 or would button 1 have to be an actual station (or address, or number, etc.)?

Also, can I do the same with bookmarking say favorite contacts page? or a Nav address book page? Or do they have to be individual items?

Lastly, can the presets page hold AM, FM, Sirius, presets all together or does each band have its own presets page (so say Sirius would have to be programmed to 2?

Totally lastly, Is there an interactive guide one can play with for I-Drive online (or real in depth review) or do I have to go to a dealer to do that (or find a recent 2011 owner)?
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2010, 08:06 AM   #2
wrickem
Big Beaver Smile
Rep
Drives: What he wants to

Have you tried going onto BMWUSA and looking at the online owners manual? That would probably be the biggest help for you since most people would probably be only to answer some of your questions because we all use our presets differently and some of the stuff you've mentioned would be redundant to other buttons, so why waste the preset.
Good luck
      09-22-2010, 08:19 AM   #3
FadyDizzle
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: -

Hi wrickem,

I've actually watched some of those videos, very helpful. They inspired these questions as I saw the videos explaining you can have a specific radio station or address, etc. However, I didn't see any videos on the buttons available or any detailed pictures either. I'm glad you say some of these functions are redundant, because that must mean there are dedicated hardware buttons for maybe preset pages or address book? That would definitely ease my concern as I'm coming from a CTS and there's a dedicated favorites button that scrolls through up to 6 'pages' of 6 presets. However, the presets are mixed, so I have XM presets next to FM presets which I really like. I'm sure I can live with switching bands, not that big a deal if I have to, but curious I guess as I cross shop the 3 series.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2010, 10:42 AM   #4
wrickem
Big Beaver Smile
Rep
Drives: What he wants to

Funny, I was just in the market for a new car and cross shopped the CTS and there were TOO MANY buttons for me (and the seats were made for big American asses which I don't have yet) You'll see with BMW everything is sparse looking, but it's all there and easy to get to. I ended up ordering another BMW, but I know I will miss my 2 extra programable buttons on my steering wheel that they discontinued.

The owners manual will tell you WAY more than the videos will.

Good luck