E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Bmw 320i brake issue

02-16-2023, 09:06 AM   #1
Sebby05
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 LCI

Exclamation Bmw 320i brake issue

Hello all!

I have a 2011 320i e92 and it constantly has issues!!!

Recently, my car has had the front left brake pad stuck on whilst driving at 70mph and my steering wheel began to shake lightely and then shook a lot as time went on before I had to pull over. I noticed that the front left brake calipers and alloy as a whole had become hot as the pad must have been stuck on.

I replaced the front left wheels disk and pads and didn’t have time to do the right one that day (lubricated the caliper slider with rubber crease and everything) the next day the right hand side caliper and alloy also got hot. I then replaced the disk and pads on that one too after.

The brakes were perfect for a few days and now the issue has re appeared on the front left wheel and the brake pads are stuck on and grinding.

I have also noticed that the car is intermittently struggling to start as well which way be related to a vacuum issue with the brake booster, but am not sure!

Any help is much appreciated!!!

Thanks
Seb
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2023, 12:34 AM   #2
quandary
Private
Rep
Drives: X5

Just a few things to think about:
Did you check to see if the piston was corroded or seized?
I assume you pushed the piston back in since you replaced the pads.
Was the slider corroded or bent? Any cracks in the boots? New ones are cheap if they are in bad shape.
Did you change the brake fluid and bleed? It's not needed every brake change but maybe your fluids are still original.
Appreciate 0