E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > upgrading wheels, tires, suspension, brakes

02-19-2023, 12:47 AM   #1
BrendeN54
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i coupe

upgrading wheels, tires, suspension, brakes

So by what the title says im getting new wheels, tires, coilovers, and brakes and i was wondering is there anything else i should do while ill be in that area of the car? Or maybe something that will just be recommended to replace once i go with the new setup. Im not a full time mechanic and im not sure of all the little things i should swap out/replace while im under that part of the car haha.

Appreciate any and all help haha. Been really stuck on what size tires to run aswell but i think after some research and seeing what some other ppl done i think i can fit em.

Its a 2007 335i coupe, looking to get 18x9.5 & 18x10.5 ESR CS5 hyper silver, on 255/35 and 275/35, then was just going to go with solowerks coilovers since a lot of people say for the price they are like OEM+ and ride well with good height. I like a meaty tire but not too meaty since im not putting any power down yet lmfao. After seeing a ton of other e92's with similar or the same fitment i started the believe it more but it just sounds like a big tire setup from stock haha.

Hell would also love a recommendation on a drilled n slotted brake kit and if not to expensive a set with nice calipers to show thru the 5 spoke lol.

lmk if more info is needed lmao i probably sound dumb on forum im just all over currently

Edit: Really nice fitment i seen aswell was 245/35 for the fron 18x9.5 and then 265/35 for the rear 18x10.5 looks like this below
( https://www.fitmentindustries.com/wh...cing-coilovers )

Last edited by BrendeN54; 02-20-2023 at 09:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2023, 07:57 AM   #2
ppointer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '01 Z3M, '12 335is, '22 540i

Garage List
2012 BMW 335i  [5.25]
2012 BMW 335is  [5.00]
2008 Infiniti QX56  [0.00]
1967 Chevrolet Corv ...  [10.00]
2001 M Roadster  [10.00]
2022 BMW 540i  [0.75]
2009 528i  [9.50]
Replace the rubber brake lines.

If you can find one that will fit, I would get a strut tower brace.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2023, 02:54 PM   #3
BrendeN54
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppointer View Post
Replace the rubber brake lines.

If you can find one that will fit, I would get a strut tower brace.
Good looks im gonna look into that shortly, appreciate it
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2023, 01:45 PM   #4
Jaronbwall
Driving cars and riding bikes really fast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i

BrendeN54 If I could afford a new wheel/tire setup.... I'd run a square setup. Probably 255s front and back. The staggered stance is nice but I'd like to rotate my tires. You'll also have superior front end grip for twisty corners. With the other mods you mentioned your car would be a beast in the mountains or track day. Don't need big power to have fun.
I'd replace your tie-rods and upgrade to M3 control arms. HUGE improvement in the handling department if that's your thing. Replace/bleed your brakes with high temp fluids (DOT 5). Maintenance can be fun. Upgraded brakes are dumb expensive. The best route is used M3 or M3 performance brake from the for sale section. I picked up DPs for cheap in there. Tons of parts for sale.

Last edited by Jaronbwall; 02-21-2023 at 10:12 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2023, 06:30 PM   #5
BrendeN54
Rep

Jaronbwall Yeah not being able to rotate the tires sucks but these kenda kr20a's are pretty cheap hahaha. Jk but i mostly just liked and wanted to have a bigger tire in the back cause i love that aggressive look and would like some more meat/width in the back to hook up on the street haha. Ideally the car is just going to be a daily that ill rip on and take down some other street cars hopefully Lol. Although living in tennessee i may want to also take it into some canyons and nice windy twisty roads aswell hmmm. But then again my car isnt pushing any power to need to hook up or anything since im not racing nobody haha, but more just to prepare for mods.

Heard those m3 control arms were super nice will have to look into those forsuree! And yeah man all these brake kits are expensive im just looking for a decent drilled n slotted kit and maybe a nice caliper to peep thru the 5 spoke ESR wheels haha. Sweet yeah ill pick me up some of that next time im out most likely!
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2023, 10:15 AM   #6
Jaronbwall
Driving cars and riding bikes really fast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i

Look for used parts in the forums. You won't find better deals online generally speaking. Especially for brake calipers. Pads I'd buy new. I don't know how many miles have but be aware of the maintenance issues. It can be a domino affect if you don't have new gaskets, coolant lines, mickey mouse fitting, spark plugs, coils, vanos sensors, etc. These cars eat people alive when they don't keep up on maintenance. It will run like s**t, mis-fire like crazy when tuned, and make you hate it.
I was at the largest cars and coffee event in my city last summer and thought my engine caught on fire. Luckily it was just a bad VCG dripping on the exhaust. It was embarrassing.

Last edited by Jaronbwall; 02-21-2023 at 10:21 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2023, 11:06 PM   #7
BrendeN54
Rep

Oh yeah forsure i hear you on that, honestly lots of the prices i seen online for some drilled n slotted kits w/o calipers were pretty cheap and maybe i can source a nice supporting one from forums ill have to try that. And the car is at 118k miles right now, bought it at 116k and when i asked em if they knew what was done to it before they shrugged their shoulders haha, dealer just did a veryyy basic service i think but runs amazing didnt seem beat on before i had it or anything. Almost like an older person had it haha. but very soon im gonna be hitting the intakes with a walnut blast and that'll allow me to confidently be able to start maintenance. Then finalllllly when me, my wallet and my back are crying after that i can start looking into the fun stuff/supporting mods haha Ive heard so many people complain about these cars though and i always know its the people who just beat on it and dont maintain it so im 100% going to keep it in shape the best i can.

And damn man im glad that you and your car were alright though and it was just that haha.
Appreciate 0