E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > HELP: DISA connector won’t fully seat

03-23-2019, 11:42 AM   #1
Kerbouchard
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 330i ZTR

HELP: DISA connector won’t fully seat

Hi All,

I bought a used 3 stage intake from a member here on the forum, and it came with an oem large DISA valve and an aftermarket small DISA valve.

Install seemed to be going great, but I can’t get the DISA harness plug/connector to seat in the small DISA valve.

As a test, I tried both the plug for the small DISA and the plug for the large DISA in the large (oem) DISA valve and they both fit fine and seat with minimal pressure, but neither will fit in the small (aftermarket) DISA valve. The pins appear to be aligned, no debris present, and I checked height of the pins etc using a small screwdriver and a ruler vs the oem valve, and they appear to be identical.

Try as I might, I can’t get the connector to seat fully on the aftermarket valve. It stops almost exactly 3/16” short.

Any ideas? Anyone encountered this problem when swapping intakes and/or DISA valves?

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2019, 01:03 PM   #2
The Nightman
Cometh
Rep
Drives: Boy's Soul

Garage List
I would just replace it with an OE valve now since aftermarket valves are known to fail
Appreciate 1
      03-23-2019, 08:38 PM   #3
Bufalo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i

Garage List
2017 BMW X3 35i  [0.00]
2009 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Had the same issue with the wire not plugging in the whole way on a cheapo eBay disa, but it works and that was all that mattered.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 12:14 AM   #4
bluewater328
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 bluewater 328i LCI sedan

It'll work, but that's the issue I found with a batch from eBay. Everything else with it is fine. If you look closely, you'll probably notice the pins for the aftermarket DISA are thicker/wider than the stock ones. So it will connect in the beginning, it is physically stopped from pushing all the way in.

Your choice, but mine and other returns are out there. Your choice as I'm fairly certain it would work, just that the plug slipping out gonna give you second thoughts.
Appreciate 0