E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Down shift throttle blips with MHD / xHP

06-23-2022, 11:58 AM   #1
Andyrt200
Private
Rep
Drives: E93 335i SE

Down shift throttle blips with MHD / xHP

I’m probably being stupid but I’m sure I remember a screen when I could change the aggressiveness of the down shift blips. I had it set to a level I liked but then fitted DPs & they are a bit too much in Sport mode now.

I think they were in xHP, but the interface seems to have changed since I last used it (probably over a year ago). The seem to only have a basic option for M mode only now, nothing about D or S. Maybe it just a feature of xHP stage 3 but I was sure there was options for tweaking the amount of blip?
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2022, 01:18 PM   #2
Saif2018
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyrt200 View Post
I’m probably being stupid but I’m sure I remember a screen when I could change the aggressiveness of the down shift blips. I had it set to a level I liked but then fitted DPs & they are a bit too much in Sport mode now.

I think they were in xHP, but the interface seems to have changed since I last used it (probably over a year ago). The seem to only have a basic option for M mode only now, nothing about D or S. Maybe it just a feature of xHP stage 3 but I was sure there was options for tweaking the amount of blip?
Select your vehicle, then lighting bolt icon bottom right hand corner then select Flash settings

Throttle blip settings affect M mode and S mode. You can't change D mode throttle blips but you can change the shift points to help make D mode less aggressive if that's what you want.

Last edited by Saif2018; 06-23-2022 at 01:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2022, 03:35 AM   #3
Andyrt200
Private
Rep
Drives: E93 335i SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saif2018 View Post
Select your vehicle, then lighting bolt icon bottom right hand corner then select Flash settings

Throttle blip settings affect M mode and S mode. You can't change D mode throttle blips but you can change the shift points to help make D mode less aggressive if that's what you want.
Ah I see, thanks!

I didn’t notice there there was much blip at all in M mode, I was half trying to listen for it the other day. S mode is crazy fun, but with the roof down it makes me jump when I’m just cruising & slow (forgetting I’m still in S mode) to pass people walking in the road, never mind how much the people jump! Even when pushing on mildly the blip makes the car jump forward.

I was a bit worried about running stage 3 in D mode for normal driving going from their description but it’s super smooth, was from the outset but much better again with MHD V10. Never been any hint of throttle blips, it drives just like a stock G31 540i does in D.

D & S modes are like Jekyll and Hyde, S mode totally transforms the car into a snarling racer!

I’ll listen more carefully in M mode to see if I noticed the blips before trying to change anything then, it’s possibly just because I’m expecting them as you decide when it changes down…

Edit: I checked again, using the manual gear shifters in D results in no blips. However putting in S mode the blips are the same if it shifts its self or I use the paddles.

Last edited by Andyrt200; 06-26-2022 at 06:40 AM..
Appreciate 0