E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > JleviSW sells pre-fitted M3 Sideskirts ?????

Closed Thread

07-28-2008, 12:41 PM   #221
SV Concepts
United_States
Rep
Drives: Vorsteiner E60 M5

***The Final Reply from JleviSW***
Please read our response, as we have read all of yours

I have asked all staff members to discontinue posting in this thread. I will try to keep this short as I'm simply bone-weary with this thread and realized a few pages ago that our responses are just fueling the fire. In all honesty, our entire staff has been very downtrodden about this whole thing, and it is on the brink of negatively affecting our abilities to serve our customers.

Kenny, I think you did a fantastic job representing us in this thread, but I think you also realize (and have said a few times) that it is nothing special that we provide refunds and labels and such. Every "reputable" company does that. But people are claiming that we are not reputable... so we are trying to re-classify ourselves using this methodology.

Nonetheless, we're nothing special. We're a small business. We love what we do. We take pride in our company. Would you expect any less? I do apologize for coming off so haughty, though. I (personally) have an ego problem. Usually the staff members help me keep it in check. Feel free to PM me if you want to talk about my personal shortcomings, I try to keep an open mind.

As for the universities... honestly, it was just a joke. Yes, it came off the wrong way. Yes, it probably shouldn't have been said. But yes, it strikes a chord for me when someone insinuates that I'm not intelligent. There is a personal history behind it. If I explained it to you, you might understand. Let's let it be, shall we? I'm sorry I got so defensive, Mantis. I'm also sorry if I insinuated that our education (or anything else, for that matter) makes us in any way superior. It does not. I'm dumber than half the people I know who don't even have a formal education :bellroll

Minipuck (I'm sorry I didn't catch your name - for some reason I think it's Andy?), Drew, & David...
You guys make some excellent points. I have taken notes and will keep them in mind.

Alex / Pakman, I am sincerely sorry, but I cannot seem to sift through your negative, contentious, and derogatory attitude to extract the constructive criticism in your words. If there is a constructive message, or you would like to communicate your concerns to me, please point it/them out to me in a PM. I am happy to listen.

Also, we do not own any warehouses in SoCal - we work with facilities and yada yada. It's complicated, and it's not your problem. You shouldn't have to worry about it.
Please understand that our first location was not meant for local pickups. This is why we didn't keep inventory there, and this is why we had to charge to ship items up.

Our new location, however, has a massive warehouse, ideal for serving both worldwide and local customers. We have made the change as soon as possible, when we realized there was a local demand we previously had not anticipated. Should we have charged you inbound shipping? No. Have we changed it as a result? Yes. Does every company make mistakes? Of Course. Facebook came out with Mini-Feed, and they really blew it with Beacon. Did people hate them for it? Ohhh yeah. Did they make it right? Of course. What matters more - not making mistakes, or rectifying them and earning the customer's trust again? Really ask yourself this, and really ask yourself what our actions for the past year have attempted to do. I think you'll find that we have put in a lot of effort to try and smooth things over. Maybe we don't deserve that chance. But if we are trying to make it right, I think we deserve that you acknowledge that before representing us as a pack of crooked shysters.

In regards to product quality. Yes, our License Plate Lights (just one of our thousands of products, mind you) threw errors. Yes, we are working on a resistor design to fix it.
We have had a few problems in the past where there have been short oversights with our products, such as inconsistencies in fitments and things like that that simply cannot be tested for. In other instances, we simply screwed up. This is one of the many reasons we just bought an E92. We have decided that we need to do more thorough testing and R&D. Yes, we've made mistakes. But they were never in the interest of a hasty dollar or lack of concern. They were just that - mistakes. Oversights. Judge us not by our mistakes, but on the actions we take to rectify them. We ALWAYS make it right. Nothing special, as stated above.

Minipuck:
I really have to thank you. Though your facts were a little off (in terms of discounts and such), you expressed your friend's side of the story to me for the first time. I never saw it from his perspective. I simply thought he was ungrateful, because he rejected our offer and never spoke to us again. I also had not considered the amount of effort he put in to show with us, instead focusing only on the coverage and publicity we afforded him. You really opened my eyes, and as a result, I immediately contacted your friend to apologize for not seeing it his way. Also, you have been nothing but courteous, informative, and for the most part, inoffensive throughout this and other threads. I hate to sound dramatic, but I think you just gave me a fairly powerful lesson. So thank you, very much.

What else?
You guys have opened our eyes a lot. I maintain that we are not the bad guys you make us out to be. But perhaps we are taking it for granted that people will see our true character through our occasional mistakes and blunders. I admit that we were and are still placed on a pedestal on other forums where we started, and perhaps because of that, we have lost sight of the big picture on this forum. Perhaps we just assumed that our good reputation would carry over onto this forum. I'm not sure why things aren't right here... and unfortunately, there is far too much work to be done to make them right for me or anyone on our staff to sit here and analyze.

What I can say is that we will continue our long-standing policy of making the customer happy whenever possible - with a renewed vigor.

I thank you all for your criticisms, your comments, and more than anything, your time.

Jonathan Levi
Founder | Jlevi StreetWerks, LLC

Last edited by SV Concepts; 07-28-2008 at 12:56 PM.. Reason: Typo!
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2008, 12:53 PM   #222
jhv
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlevi SW View Post

I have asked all staff members to discontinue posting in this thread. I will try to keep this short as I'm simply bone-weary with this thread and realized a few pages ago that our responses are just fueling the fire. In all honesty, our entire staff has been very downtrodden about this whole thing, and it is on the brink of negatively affecting our abilities to serve our customers.

Kenny, I think you did a fantastic job representing us in this thread, but I think you also realize (and have said a few times) that it is nothing special that we provide refunds and labels and such. Every "reputable" company does that. But people are claiming that we are not reputable... so we are trying to re-classify ourselves using this methodology.

Nonetheless, we're nothing special. We're a small business. We love what we do. We take pride in our company. Would you expect any less? I do apologize for coming off so haughty, though. I (personally) have an ego problem. Usually the staff members help me keep it in check. Feel free to PM me if you want to talk about my personal shortcomings, I try to keep an open mind.

As for the universities... honestly, it was just a joke. Yes, it came off the wrong way. Yes, it probably shouldn't have been said. But yes, it strikes a chord for me when someone insinuates that I'm not intelligent. There is a personal history behind it. If I explained it to you, you might understand. Let's let it be, shall we? I'm sorry I got so defensive, Mantis. I'm also sorry if I insinuated that our education (or anything else, for that matter) makes us in any way superior. It does not. I'm dumber than half the people I know who don't even have a formal education :bellroll

Minipuck (I'm sorry I didn't catch your name - for some reason I think it's Andy?), Drew, & David...
You guys make some excellent points. I have taken notes and will keep them in mind.

Alex / Pakman, I am sincerely sorry, but I cannot seem to sift through your negative, contentious, and derogatory attitude to extract the constructive criticism in your words. If there is a constructive message, or you would like to communicate your concerns to me, please point it/them out to me in a PM. I am happy to listen.

Also, we do not own any warehouses in SoCal - we work with facilities and yada yada. It's complicated, and it's not your problem. You shouldn't have to worry about it.
Please understand that our first location was not meant for local pickups. This is why we didn't keep inventory there, and this is why we had to charge to ship items up.

Our new location, however, has a massive warehouse, ideal for serving both worldwide and local customers. We have made the change as soon as possible, when we realized there was a local demand we previously had not anticipated. Should we have charged you inbound shipping? No. Have we changed it as a result? Yes. Does every company make mistakes? Of Course. Facebook came out with Mini-Feed, and they really blew it with Beacon. Did people hate them for it? Ohhh yeah. Did they make it right? Of course. What matters more - not making mistakes, or rectifying them and earning the customer's trust again? Really ask yourself this, and really ask yourself what our actions for the past year have attempted to do. I think you'll find that we have put in a lot of effort to try and smooth things over. Maybe we don't deserve that chance. But if we are trying to make it right, I think we deserve that you acknowledge that before representing us as a pack of crooked shysters.

In regards to product quality. Yes, our License Plate Lights (just one of our thousands of products, mind you) threw errors. Yes, we are working on a resistor design to fix it.
We have had a few problems in the past where there have been short oversights with our products, such as inconsistencies in fitments and things like that that simply cannot be tested for. In other instances, we simply screwed up. This is one of the many reasons we just bought an E92. We have decided that we need to do more thorough testing and R&D. Yes, we've made mistakes. But they were never in the interest of a hasty dollar or lack of concern. They were just that - mistakes. Oversights. Judge us not by our mistakes, but on the actions we take to rectify them. We ALWAYS make it right. Nothing special, as stated above.

Minipuck:
I really have to thank you. Though your facts were a little off (in terms of discounts and such), you expressed your friend's side of the story to me for the first time. I never saw it from his perspective. I simply thought he was ungrateful, because he rejected our offer and never spoke to us again. I also had not considered the amount of effort he put in to show with us, instead focusing only on the coverage and publicity we afforded him. You really opened my eyes, and as a result, I immediately contacted your friend to apologize for not seeing it his way. Also, you have been nothing but courteous, informative, and for the most part, inoffensive throughout this and other threads. I hate to sound dramatic, but I think you just gave me a fairly powerful lesson. So thank you, very much.

What else?
You guys have opened our eyes a lot. I maintain that we are not the bad guys you make us out to be. But perhaps we are taking it for granted that people will see our true character through our occasional mistakes and blunders. I admit that we were and are still placed on a pedestal on other forums where we started, and perhaps because of that, we have lost sight of the big picture on this forum. Perhaps we just assumed that our good reputation would carry over onto this forum. I'm not sure why things aren't right here... and unfortunately, there is far too much work to be done to make them right for me or anyone on our staff to sit here and analyze.

What I can say is that we will continue our long-standing policy of making the customer happy whenever policy - with a renewed vigor.

I thank you all for your criticisms, your comments, and more than anything, your time.

Jonathan Levi
nice, civil conclusion
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2008, 12:57 PM   #223
jhv
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldy View Post
l'cheim!
jewish ka ba pare?
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2008, 01:03 PM   #224
Minipuck V 2.0
秘書負責保持它真正
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 快車

Quote:

Minipuck:

What else?

What I can say is that we will continue our long-standing policy of making the customer happy whenever policy - with a renewed vigor.

Jonathan Levi
Jon,

I appreciate you taking the time to read through the post and all the responses here. I am glad to see that things have changed and hopefully for the better.

I know that all my remarks and comments, here and since the beginning at times wasn't always well received. But I am glad that you see now that my criticism and things that I pointed out was not to bash Jlevi, but hopefully that your company can see it from the eyes of your customers and how frustrating it was for them to pay for something they did not understand.

Reputation will only get you so far because thats what people see, its what you do in the public eye. But character matter much more in this forum especially with past vendors who have come on and ripped off people here. Character is what you do and who you are when no one is looking.

As with last time, I think we agreed that while miscommunications and mistakes were made in the past, we both have decided to move on. sad to see broken relationships, but somethings a bad start is all it takes for things to go downhill very quickly.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2008, 01:06 PM   #225
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by madisonsfinest View Post
Crusty Thumb nail! Clean that up before you hand model next! lol
i didnt take the pics foo... that aint my car either
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAKMAN View Post
mantis you the man!
thank you sir
Quote:
Crud. You mean our degrees from UC Berkeley, University of Southern California, and San Jose State University aren't good enough? Darn. Where did you go to school? I'll have to get my masters there instead of Stanford.
well i feel bad for you. you have wasted all that money on these degrees. u might be book smart, but u obviously have no idea how to operate the business you are trying to operate. i have seen so many threads bashing your business like no other. i havent seen one vendor other than eisenhaus that's hated so much.

i wasnt saying ur dumb, i was saying u need to hire people who know something about how to deal with people, you simply dont. btw UCB people are known to have no communication skills at all, u guys are plain nerds. ur 4.0 GPA is obviously not doing u any good now, is it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by evo119 View Post
LOL so your degrees make you top notch? Who cares where your degrees come from. You have a shit company and is still run by 2 fruitcakes and a male receptionist. Oh you live in saratoga too right? Woopty doo. There are plenty of people who have more business sense and customer service than you guys do. So don't bring up your highly decorated degrees to show off cuz in the end you look like a bunch of douche bags...well you already do.

You wanna know why you don't have the support from the locals here and even in Socal? It's cuz you claim shit works like here, and mislead them with information then charge a restocking fee when it's your fault. Not to mention that your lights come from Umitza who's another shit company. LOL Why do you think no one showed up to your grand opening a few weeks ago? It's cuz we dislike the way you run your business. Even new people we meet at events talk shit about your company about all the same issues. The only viable customer base you have is outside of CA cuz they don't know what you're really like.

Anyways, i'm waiting for my infraction and a PM cuz i know you all are a lil bitch and will whine to the moderators then send me a PM addressing me as Ken as you did before. Get it straight, my name is Drew....
Drew you are my hero on here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyBimmerDude View Post
Woooow. Who would have thought an insult against Mantis would rile people up?

Whyyyy sooooo serioussssss?
insult against mantis? it's an insult against their degrees and their brains. im not the one trying to mislead customers here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHD View Post

I got my own saying>.

"Fuck them im not racist,,I hate them all"

Lmao at JLEVI,, The truth comes out I always knew better not to buy anthing from them..
see, this is an example of JLevi's failure to keep people happy
Quote:
Drew
I have to apologize. I had no idea we had such a customer service problem. I guess our customers have been misleading us?

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158609
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=562654
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141715
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141715
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=554227
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138607
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123873
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101380
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95153
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122906
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97617
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83354
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72251
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72005
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=551753
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=517454
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=484300
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=479163
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=332085
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=284794
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=280171
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=276814
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=232337
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=226511
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=226150
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=222713
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=219844
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=215576
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=206144
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=167963
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=149355
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=140282
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=75885
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52540
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22820
time for you guys to mature up, and do honest business rather than post whore all day. i've seen more threads bashing you than those
Quote:

Minipuck:

What else?

What I can say is that we will continue our long-standing policy of making the customer happy whenever possible - with a renewed vigor.

Jonathan Levi
this should have been done long ago, next time dont try to mislead people. thanks, bye
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2008, 01:08 PM   #226
e92phreak
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i TiAg/E46 323i TiAg

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [9.50]
2000 E46 323i  [0.00]
Many people thought this thread would be closed by now... And in some ways, I'm glad it didn't close, though it was painful and frustrating for some.

It has opened up many peoples eyes and will result in some positive changes for JLeviSW and other vendors.

I'm glad to see that the parties involved have brought some closure.
07 E92 335i | TiAg | Step | Padl | Cmft | Alum Trm | PDC | Nav | Assist | Sat | Lthr | Prem | Sprt | Rear Splr | RDSport Quads | iPod | V1 | LT Refl | VS Clear Bra | OEM Lip | KWV2 | Mtec Sides | BBS LM-R
00 E46 323i | TiAg | 5sp | Sport | Roof | RDSport Cams | RDSport tune | RDSport Shift | Volk LE37 | M3 spoiler | PSS9 | SuperSprint | Brembo
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2008, 01:10 PM   #227
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Happy Ending???
      07-28-2008, 01:13 PM   #228
e92phreak
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [9.50]
2000 E46 323i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
Happy Ending???
Perhaps if they close the thread.
07 E92 335i | TiAg | Step | Padl | Cmft | Alum Trm | PDC | Nav | Assist | Sat | Lthr | Prem | Sprt | Rear Splr | RDSport Quads | iPod | V1 | LT Refl | VS Clear Bra | OEM Lip | KWV2 | Mtec Sides | BBS LM-R
00 E46 323i | TiAg | 5sp | Sport | Roof | RDSport Cams | RDSport tune | RDSport Shift | Volk LE37 | M3 spoiler | PSS9 | SuperSprint | Brembo
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2008, 01:15 PM   #229
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
should close it before it turns bad again....
      07-28-2008, 01:16 PM   #230
e92phreak
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [9.50]
2000 E46 323i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
should close it before it turns bad again....
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2008, 01:17 PM   #231
e92phreak
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [9.50]
2000 E46 323i  [0.00]
Some foo who hasn't read the previous 10 pages is gonna come on, read the last page or two, and will insert their unqualified responses...
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2008, 01:20 PM   #232
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by e92phreak View Post
Some foo who hasn't read the previous 10 pages is gonna come on, read the last page or two, and will insert their unqualified responses...
      07-28-2008, 01:23 PM   #233
yamazaho
Wang D.D.S.
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 14' WRX, 15' W205

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.76]
      07-28-2008, 01:28 PM   #234
e92phreak
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [9.50]
2000 E46 323i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamazaho View Post

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread