E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > ED & PCD: PCD Says no???

03-01-2007, 08:48 AM   #1
DukeofURL
Contributing Lurker
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 550i xDrive M-Sport

ED & PCD: PCD Says no???

OK, so a month ago or so, Donny was on the board here saying that PCD could be taken in conjunction with ED now... and there was much rejoicing. I, as well as a few others signed up for it.

But now I hear from my CA that someone at the PCD in SC told him it was unavailable, and sent him bulletin dated 9/15/05 (quite old) stating otherwise. He forwarded it to me, and sure enough it says no.

Maybe you guys can help me in giving him a bulletin ## to look for to prove otherwise? Seeing as how I'm actually ordering with a dealer on the other coast, PCD is the only way to pull this off, and there's only 35 days till pickup... time's runnin out!
* 2007 E92 335i 6MT BlackSapph/ZSP/ZPP/ZCW/Nav/CA/Sirius/HDRadio - debadged, rear fogs -- sold
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2007, 09:13 AM   #2
KL2DC
United_States
Rep
Drives: F36 428i,E90 328i, E85 Z4 3.0i

Garage List
2015 F36 428i  [0.00]
2011 E90 328i  [0.00]
2006 E85 Z4 3.0i  [0.00]
Donnie Isley made the announcement, this was confirmed by IrvRobinson, our resident ED expert/super CA and another member who met a couple doing exactly that (ED & PCD) during a PCD last December (I forgot who).

I think you need to push your CA on this, sounds like he unwilling to do his homework.

Has your car left on a boat yet?

Official DC Metro Registry - Current, New & Prospective Area Members Roll Call!
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2007, 09:28 AM   #3
DukeofURL
Contributing Lurker
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL2DC View Post
Has your car left on a boat yet?
Oh not even close, it won't ship out till mid-April, but we have to get everything firmed up. He said he would look into it further when i mentioned the instructor (Donnie) had made the announcement. Unfortunately, he had to hand the info off to his assistant becuase he's on his way to suny hawaii, lol...

I'm sure they'll be able to find more updated info, they just ran across someone in SC that was running on old info. This is why I was wondering if anyone new a bulletin to point them towards to speed things along? If not, I'm sure they'll find it on thier own, it'll just take more prodding by me to get it uncovered.
* 2007 E92 335i 6MT BlackSapph/ZSP/ZPP/ZCW/Nav/CA/Sirius/HDRadio - debadged, rear fogs -- sold
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2007, 09:31 AM   #4
DukeofURL
Contributing Lurker
United_States
Rep

Another question... how far in advance does a PCD delivery have to be scheduled? I'd imagine May being springtime is a busy time down there...
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2007, 09:43 AM   #5
KL2DC
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 F36 428i  [0.00]
2011 E90 328i  [0.00]
2006 E85 Z4 3.0i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeofURL View Post
Another question... how far in advance does a PCD delivery have to be scheduled? I'd imagine May being springtime is a busy time down there...
I heard March is completely sold out. PCD seems to be hot right now, all the better for Donnie Isley and his excellent PC crew. I'd expect the same for the proceeding months.

The PC would only know once your car is on the boat. The minimum is the standard 2 weeks after your car reaching the VPC in SC. Everything else depends on your and their schedules.

The other thing I'm curious about, does the ED/PCD combo has to been arranged for at the beginning of it all or can one retrofit the PCD schedule/status

Appreciate 0
      03-01-2007, 03:37 PM   #6
I-Won-Today
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything with wheels

You can definetely do both ED & PCD if we have the room.

The current bulletin the dealer has access to does state thay they cannot be combined. A updated bulletin is in the works which will include this info along with a new scheduling process (we are finally going to get away from the fax machine!). Our section on the web will reflect this change too soon.

All your Client Advisor needs to do is fax us a reservation form. The lady that does the scheduling for us will determine when and what dates we could delivery your vehicle. I think they can accept the reservation form at anypoint as long as your BMW is scheduled to ship to Port Jersey. Dates are given on a first come first serve basis, so the earlier we receive the reservation, the more likely we are to have an available date.

As the previous post state, they will not be able to give you a PCD date until your BMW gets on a boat and gets an actual ETA to the port. They will usually schedule you a couple of weeks after that to allow it to go through customs and get on a truck to us.

I think we have done four or five re-deliveries here for ED and about that same amount are awaiting a delivery date.

Hope to see you soon!

Appreciate 0
      03-01-2007, 04:02 PM   #7
BMWDavid
United_States
Rep
Drives: MSport F30

Garage List
2011 BMW M3 Sedan  [0.00]
2005(sold but not f ...  [10.00]
2006 X3  [0.00]
1984 633csi  [0.00]
[QUOTE=I-Won-Today;736559]You can definetely do both ED & PCD if we have the room.

The current bulletin the dealer has access to does state thay they cannot be combined. A updated bulletin is in the works which will include this info along with a new scheduling process (we are finally going to get away from the fax machine!). Our section on the web will reflect this change too soon.QUOTE]

Hey Jonathan,

Good to see you on the forum. Nice pics in your signature! I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to get away this time for a delivery with you guys with my 335. The info you provided is great news because I was planning on picking up the e92 M3 in Munich and I was a bit disappointed that I wouldn't see you guys for some time. Now I will with the M3. Thanks again for always taking care of my customers and send my regards to Donny.

David
      03-01-2007, 04:11 PM   #8
DukeofURL
Contributing Lurker
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Won-Today View Post
Hope to see you soon!
Likewise! This is beyond terrific customer service! They even trawl third-party messageboards for customer issues
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2007, 06:52 PM   #9
KL2DC
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 F36 428i  [0.00]
2011 E90 328i  [0.00]
2006 E85 Z4 3.0i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeofURL View Post
Likewise! This is beyond terrific customer service! They even trawl third-party messageboards for customer issues
+1

BMW NA also makes an appearance here every blue moon. If that isn't recognition for e90post, I don't know what is. Hooray for E90post

Appreciate 0
      03-01-2007, 11:23 PM   #10
IrvRobinson
Banned
Rep
Drives: X3

+1 and kudos to Jonathan for joining this forum.I sincerely hope you will be a very active member as your input is very appreciated.

Once the ED car is on das Boat and you know the arrival date and that customs can take 5 days or so,how close after that can it get scheduled for redelivery.A good amount of our customers are leasing,so their clock has been running for about 2 months,some won't want to wait another month after drop off.Does the PC have the ability to increase daily deliveries as needed and how many deliveries can you handle.Since the ED customers already know their car fairly well,how is their day planned out
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2007, 07:38 AM   #11
I-Won-Today
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrvRobinson View Post
Once the ED car is on das Boat and you know the arrival date and that customs can take 5 days or so,how close after that can it get scheduled for redelivery.A good amount of our customers are leasing,so their clock has been running for about 2 months,some won't want to wait another month after drop off.Does the PC have the ability to increase daily deliveries as needed and how many deliveries can you handle.Since the ED customers already know their car fairly well,how is their day planned out
Hi Irv! Hope all is going well.

I spoke with Danielle and there delivery date is scheduled approxiametely four weeks out from the vehicles ETA for Port Jersey. Those vehicles have to go through Customs and get any repairs made if needed before they are released to the trucking company and shipped to us. The extra wait time is going to be determined based on where the customer would have had the vehicle re-delivered. If they are in the North East, then it would add about 3 weeks to their wait. If they live in Florida, it would be almost the same amount of time.

We knew when we pushed to make ED + PCD possible that not everyone would want or be willing to take part because of the extended wait time. But, at least the customer has the option and can make that decision for themselves instead of just being told it wasn't possible.

Currently the ED customer is actualy filling a regular delivery spot. Most of the ones we have delivered still had operational questions on their vehicle. We can handle a max of only 8 deliveries a day if everyone is in the office.

We could possibly open a few more spots if ED customers were willing to go through the entire program minus the vehicle overview. I would first need to know if that would be something customer's would want and if so I can present that to management here for a decision.

I hope this helps answer some of the questions. Please let me know if I can be of any more help.

Appreciate 0
      03-02-2007, 08:00 AM   #12
I-Won-Today
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by david06M3 View Post
Good to see you on the forum. Nice pics in your signature! I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to get away this time for a delivery with you guys with my 335. The info you provided is great news because I was planning on picking up the e92 M3 in Munich and I was a bit disappointed that I wouldn't see you guys for some time. Now I will with the M3. Thanks again for always taking care of my customers and send my regards to Donny.

David
Thanks David for the compliments!

Are you enjoying the 335? It is definetly close to the power of the M3, but much more refined. The e46 M3 just had that rawness to it that I kind of miss. However, the 335 is stiffer and a ton of fun to drive.

I told Donnie you said hello. He actualy has his Formula Mazda in tow today and is heading to Savannah, GA this afternoon for a race this weekend!

Talk to you soon...

Appreciate 0
      03-02-2007, 09:28 AM   #13
STE92VE
STEVIL Empire
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Quote:
I think they can accept the reservation form at anypoint as long as your BMW is scheduled to ship to Port Jersey. Dates are given on a first come first serve basis, so the earlier we receive the reservation, the more likely we are to have an available date.
Do ED/PCD vehicles take a different route than cars just doing PCD? I thought PCD cars get offloaded in Charleston, SC.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2007, 09:54 AM   #14
KL2DC
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 F36 428i  [0.00]
2011 E90 328i  [0.00]
2006 E85 Z4 3.0i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by STE92VE View Post
Do ED/PCD vehicles take a different route than cars just doing PCD? I thought PCD cars get offloaded in Charleston, SC.
Iirc ED (used) cars has to clear customs at NY/NJ, PCD (new) cars doesn't and stay on the boat right up until Charleston.

Appreciate 0
      03-02-2007, 05:24 PM   #15
Mr.F1 Fan
Loyal Tifoso since 1986
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 Monaco E92 335i

Jonathan,

I've got Irv working on he twin deliveries for me next October. I guess my only real fears is that since I will be dropping the car off at Harms on the 5th of November, will I get it before Christmas? If not, how long do you guys stay close for the holidays and when would be the next possible date after the holidays to take delivery? This might be my only hitch so far.
Give me your honest opinion.

Thanks
Nov 26th she has made landfall in NYC.
Now the wait for PCD begins! Scheduled for 12.21.07
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2007, 12:12 PM   #16
I-Won-Today
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.F1 Fan View Post
Jonathan,

I've got Irv working on he twin deliveries for me next October. I guess my only real fears is that since I will be dropping the car off at Harms on the 5th of November, will I get it before Christmas? If not, how long do you guys stay close for the holidays and when would be the next possible date after the holidays to take delivery? This might be my only hitch so far.
Give me your honest opinion.

Thanks

We are closed for all major holidays. For Thanksgiving and Christmas, they also close on the day before or after depending on what day of the week they fall on. We always get two days for those holidays so if they fall on the weekend, we are usually off the Friday before and the Monday after.

The week after Christmas is always up in the air for deliveries. BMWNA requires us to use all of our vacation time or we loose it. So if we were unable to use days through the year, that last week of December is when most everbody takes off (I ended up not working any Friday from the middle of November last year to use all my vacation days). The BMW factory also closes for two weeks for maintance after Christmas.

Having said all that you are definetely going to be borderline on your re-delivery. If your vehicles get on a boat quickly and get to Port Jersey before the 1st of December, I think you have a pretty good shot. Keep me up to date on this as we get closer and I will do what I can to hopefully make it happen for you.

Appreciate 0
      03-04-2007, 05:08 PM   #17
Mr.F1 Fan
Loyal Tifoso since 1986
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 Monaco E92 335i

Quote:
Having said all that you are definitely going to be borderline on your re-delivery. If your vehicles get on a boat quickly and get to Port Jersey before the 1st of December, I think you have a pretty good shot. Keep me up to date on this as we get closer and I will do what I can to hopefully make it happen for you.
Jonathan,

Thank you for offering to help and expedite in any way that you can. I know it's a long shot, but that would be the icing on the cake after ED, PCD and then to get it home for Christmas!!!!! It would be like getting a new car three times in as many months.

I'll keep you posted and if it works out, that's great. I like to plan for things with the notion that everything has room for error. I give it a 50% chance of getting here in time and I am please that there is even that much possibility.

I look forward to meeting all the great personalities I read about so often on this forum and others like it. You guys obviously do a great job and I very much look forward to sharing it with my son.

Cheers,
Mr.F1
Nov 26th she has made landfall in NYC.
Now the wait for PCD begins! Scheduled for 12.21.07
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2007, 07:37 AM   #18
I-Won-Today
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrvRobinson
Can you publish the scheduled closing dates for the PC for the year ? Can you also walk people through the step by step from the time they arrive at the PC if they have already done an ED,since you probably won't be going over the car with them will you ? If you can think of anything else please share your thoughts ! thanks and take care, Irv
Please see my previous post for closings (all major holidays). We are also unable to do deliveries on days when the facility is booked for other events (ie... E70 Launch, Large Corporate Events, etc.). We basically have no set schedule and just deliver cars on days we are here and have the track available from 8am to 10am.

The BMW factory is not affiliated with us directly and they have seperate closings and holidays. Therefore it is possible that you can come for delivery and not have the opportunity to visit the museum or plant. We try to make sure that anyone coming on one of those days is aware of that before we schedule them.

The delivery day for anyone (ED re-deliverey or regular PCD) is the same.

-Arrive the evening prior to your delivery.
-One night stay and the Greenville Marriott (including meals).
-Driving Rotation in a similar vehicle demonstrating Handling, DSC, and ABS brakes. All driving rotations are from 8am - 10am.
-BMW Zentrum Museum and Factory tour (when available).
-Delivery of your BMW.

The museum and delivery can occur at 10am or 1pm. Basically if you take delivery at 10am then you would go to the museum after lunch.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Appreciate 0
      03-05-2007, 08:33 AM   #19
STE92VE
STEVIL Empire
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Quote:
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Are there E92s at the performance center yet?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2007, 08:49 AM   #20
I-Won-Today
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by STE92VE View Post
Are there E92s at the performance center yet?
I believe we have only one which is being mileaged currently. Unfortunately the only time it will be used for the delivery driving rotation is if we only have one 3 series coupe to deliver that day.

Appreciate 0