E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Sub in the boot stoped working

02-06-2018, 09:07 AM   #1
jharar
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW F40 M135i xdrive.

Sub in the boot stoped working

As the title says, I was driving home yesterday listening to the music sub in the boot was working fine, all of sudden Bass stopped coming out from the Subwoofer.

I checked today my Amp which is working as i put the key in, headunit comes on so does the Amp.
It lights up, But Subwoofer is not working.
I took the fuse out from the Amp then the light went off on the Amp , i put the fuse back Amp light cam back on..

I opened the Sub box to check the wiring just in case they came off thay are all good nicely soldered..

What could it be any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2018, 01:24 PM   #2
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Could be a number of things. No signal from the head unit - check RCA's, could also be bad RCA jacks on the head unit, could also be bad RCA jacks on the amp. The light that indicates power to the amp, is it a true power indicator or is it the protect mode light? This can also be your speakers, your wiring, the fuse from the power source (I had an issue once that I could not resolve and it was simply the fuse - received enough juice to power amp on but that was it)

I'd start with the power source, (battery connections, then fuse) then RCA's - connect them to another audio source and see if you have sound. Try using a verified working set of RCA's and connect to the head unit and the amp, then work your way back to the sub box. Make sure you have a good ground.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2018, 02:51 PM   #3
floydarogers
Curmudgeon and Pedant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d, 2014 328d

Quote:
Originally Posted by jharar View Post
As the title says, I was driving home yesterday listening to the music sub in the boot was working fine, all of sudden Bass stopped coming out from the Subwoofer.
What could it be any ideas?
Since a sub in the trunk is not a factory item, you're on your own for this.
Good post from Judy...
Appreciate 1