E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Long term 335i a good idea?

06-11-2010, 10:37 AM   #23
Michael Schott
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 VW GTI Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverman View Post
I like this post, even though I disagree with the statement that most CPO's have been driven hard.

Most BMW's are leased by "normal" people, not enthusiasts like us. They barely scratch the surface of exploring the potential of these fine cars. They never push them. They drive them like they would drive a Buick.

So it boils down to looking for tell-tale signs, getting it checked out and the "luck of the draw".

One of my brothers bought a used 2001 330i with 50K. He had to have a ring job, problems with VANOS and needed a new clutch. Fortunately, he bought an extended warranty. My other brother bought a new 2001 325i. The only problem he had was a cooling fan. I think how hard they are driven is a factor.

My thoughts exactly. Most people who lease BMW's are not enthusiasts like on this forum. They drive a BMW for the prestige not the performance. People who lease cars are not out to trash them. Where do people get this idea? Likely they don't take care of cars like we do but we are obsessive compared to most people.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2010, 12:50 PM   #24
El Cheapo Loco
douchebaggo
Rep
Drives: stick

How many of you who bought 3rd warranty had actually used it for big ticket items? Their coverage sounds good on paper but they have a lot of leeway to deny your claim. I've read many stories that claims were denied.

3rd party warranty does not equal CPO. Buying a 335 and slapping on a 3rd party warranty is a gamble x2. The odds are stacked against you.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2010, 07:10 PM   #25
Jaylyons1
Private
Rep
Drives: R32 GT-R/'16 IS300/Project TBD

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF 335i #1 View Post
Just get your own warranty from 3rd party...it last forever and you can take your car to ANY shop you want as much as you need.

That’s what I’m doing, 150 a month for a full coverage warranty for as long as I pay the bill.

you can do this for any car, boat, bike...
Be VERY careful with third party ones on your own though. I'd recommend going through the dealer even if you go for a third party. Don't fall for the scams on TV. I'm going to be purchasing a dealer warranty here in a couple days...

...but thats because I drive a 335i... and we all know their reputation. ^_^
Appreciate 0