E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > FSTool issues storing 1B file

10-18-2021, 09:41 PM   #1
Michael Z.
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X1, 2008 BMW X3

FSTool issues storing 1B file

I installed a donor CIC in my son's E84 X1. After the installation, I ran the CIC Patcher to virginize the CIC. I'm running FSTool 2 and managed to update the VIN and stored new FSCs and certs. The only file that I am having trouble with is the 1B file. I have tried using the CIC Patcher templates, as well as the FS Tool templates, always with the same result. In FSTool, I get an error (11048) when trying to store the 001B0001.fsc file.

Currently, the Navigation option is greyed out on the screen. Any ideas or other avenues?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2021, 09:56 AM   #2
Michael Z.
Rep

I can say that I resolved this issue, albeit that I don't have a clear explanation of how I did it. Between my own errors in FS Tool (not changing the application number for each FSC file) and some help from an old version of Dr Gini, I suddenly saw the Navigation option ungreyed. I do believe that you need to restart the system for the changes to take affect, at least it appeared so in my case. Only once it was fully operational could I enter the lifetime code from the code generator and install the 2021 maps. Everything appears to be working as it should. Now, to figure out how to code...
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2021, 04:38 PM   #3
Baly
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw E90 LCI and F20

Hey there may I ask what interface you used? I’ve been trying to get FS tools and Dr Gini 22 I think it’s the latest to work for FSc But I’m not having any joy with the A2 ICOM unit I have for the E90 I have. 👍🏼
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2021, 08:30 AM   #4
Michael Z.
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baly View Post
Hey there may I ask what interface you used? I’ve been trying to get FS tools and Dr Gini 22 I think it’s the latest to work for FSc But I’m not having any joy with the A2 ICOM unit I have for the E90 I have. 👍🏼
I used OBD2. I bought this specific cable from Amazon that can interface with OBD2 and KDCAN: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017IG81SQ...GMPK2W7SFRCSY2
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2021, 05:26 PM   #5
Baly
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw E90 LCI and F20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Z. View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baly View Post
Hey there may I ask what interface you used? I've been trying to get FS tools and Dr Gini 22 I think it's the latest to work for FSc But I'm not having any joy with the A2 ICOM unit I have for the E90 I have. 👍🏼
I used OBD2. I bought this specific cable from Amazon that can interface with OBD2 and KDCAN: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017IG81SQ...GMPK2W7SFRCSY2

Thanks for getting back to me, I have this cable too…but was hoping to get the ICOM to do it all, will have a play around with this cable too and see how it goes I suppose, if anything it will
Help me to pinpoint the connection issues I'm having. 👍🏼
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2024, 07:07 AM   #6
Grasbottt
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Z. View Post
I can say that I resolved this issue, albeit that I don't have a clear explanation of how I did it. Between my own errors in FS Tool (not changing the application number for each FSC file) and some help from an old version of Dr Gini, I suddenly saw the Navigation option ungreyed. I do believe that you need to restart the system for the changes to take affect, at least it appeared so in my case. Only once it was fully operational could I enter the lifetime code from the code generator and install the 2021 maps. Everything appears to be working as it should. Now, to figure out how to code...
How did you fix it? Cause my cic aceptted 44 and 45 fsc, but dont accpet 1B fsc.
I'm getting crazy
Appreciate 0