E90Post
 


 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for Sale > WTB: Unicorn 2011-2013 E92 328i 6MT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-27-2021, 10:25 AM   #1
cheeseforlunch
Private First Class
cheeseforlunch's Avatar
United_States
28
Rep
117
Posts

Drives: 2014 F32 435i xDrive
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
WTB: Unicorn 2011-2013 E92 328i 6MT

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Hi all,

Trying to find a unicorn here... 2011-2013 E92 (LCI) 328i 6MT with M-Sport preferred. If you have one or know of one, please reply or PM me!

Used to have an E90 330xi, and I really dislike my current F32 435i - looking to get back into an E9x gen.

Thanks!

__________________
Insta: @zenshorts

2014 F32 435i xDrive | MHD Stage 2+ | VRSF FMIC | VRSF DP | VRSF CP | CTS Turbo CAI | Airlift Performance 3P
Appreciate 1
whyzee125817.00
      11-27-2021, 12:44 PM   #2
park21
New Member
8
Rep
16
Posts

Drives: 13 E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Austin, TX

iTrader: (0)

Whats wrong with the pre lci? looks way better imo, selling my lightly modded 09 6MT a few threads down.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2021, 01:46 PM   #3
cheeseforlunch
Private First Class
cheeseforlunch's Avatar
United_States
28
Rep
117
Posts

Drives: 2014 F32 435i xDrive
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by park21 View Post
Whats wrong with the pre lci? looks way better imo, selling my lightly modded 09 6MT a few threads down.
Yes, I saw that. Nothing wrong with pre-LCI, I just prefer the headlights and taillights of the LCI and don't really want to go through the conversion process. I'll take another look.
__________________
Insta: @zenshorts

2014 F32 435i xDrive | MHD Stage 2+ | VRSF FMIC | VRSF DP | VRSF CP | CTS Turbo CAI | Airlift Performance 3P
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2021, 06:58 PM   #4
DesiRoc
Kumar
DesiRoc's Avatar
United_States
65
Rep
742
Posts

Drives: E92 M3, E93 335i, S50 E30 325i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southeast US

iTrader: (2)

You want to go from a Stage 2+ setup to an N52?

Reason I ask is I went from an N52 up to an N54 FBO Stage 2+ and never looked back. Lol.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2021, 08:24 PM   #5
cheeseforlunch
Private First Class
cheeseforlunch's Avatar
United_States
28
Rep
117
Posts

Drives: 2014 F32 435i xDrive
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesiRoc View Post
You want to go from a Stage 2+ setup to an N52?

Reason I ask is I went from an N52 up to an N54 FBO Stage 2+ and never looked back. Lol.
Yep. My N55 spun a rod bearing on its first engine, and had crank walk on the second (replacement) engine. Regular maintenance, responsible driving, and no tracking - unbelievable. It's currently sitting as a roller, and I have absolutely no desire to deal with another BMW engine with a turbo. How reliable is your N54?
__________________
Insta: @zenshorts

2014 F32 435i xDrive | MHD Stage 2+ | VRSF FMIC | VRSF DP | VRSF CP | CTS Turbo CAI | Airlift Performance 3P
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2021, 09:28 AM   #6
Frack
Euro Member
United_States
32
Rep
472
Posts

Drives: SGM e46 M
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Hudson Valley

iTrader: (7)

Garage List
1996 BMW 328i vert  [0.00]
2019 BMW 230i Msport  [0.00]
2012 BMW 328i  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3  [10.00]
2009 128i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesiRoc View Post
You want to go from a Stage 2+ setup to an N52?

Reason I ask is I went from an N52 up to an N54 FBO Stage 2+ and never looked back. Lol.
Never understood these suggestions, ive had n52 based e90 lci, e82, e92lci, now e91lci and between the 4 i easily closed 300K miles and not once seen the back of a tow truck,
N54 is more needy in terms of maintenance and can never compare in terms of reliability.
I did drive first N54 1 series in the states and owned e60 535i, engine definitely is superior to 52 but never my first choice for the daily
__________________
SGM e46 M
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2021, 06:26 PM   #7
DesiRoc
Kumar
DesiRoc's Avatar
United_States
65
Rep
742
Posts

Drives: E92 M3, E93 335i, S50 E30 325i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southeast US

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frack View Post
Never understood these suggestions, ive had n52 based e90 lci, e82, e92lci, now e91lci and between the 4 i easily closed 300K miles and not once seen the back of a tow truck,
N54 is more needy in terms of maintenance and can never compare in terms of reliability.
I did drive first N54 1 series in the states and owned e60 535i, engine definitely is superior to 52 but never my first choice for the daily
I was just curious as to why. An N52 is super boring is all and OP is in an F-gen tuned car with Stage 2+ so imagine downgrading for "reliability". Why not just go to a completely different platform in that case instead of downgrading to an older generation e9x with an n52?
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2021, 06:31 PM   #8
DesiRoc
Kumar
DesiRoc's Avatar
United_States
65
Rep
742
Posts

Drives: E92 M3, E93 335i, S50 E30 325i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southeast US

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeseforlunch View Post
Yep. My N55 spun a rod bearing on its first engine, and had crank walk on the second (replacement) engine. Regular maintenance, responsible driving, and no tracking - unbelievable. It's currently sitting as a roller, and I have absolutely no desire to deal with another BMW engine with a turbo. How reliable is your N54?
Mine had 97k miles before I sold it without any issues, but I didn't go FBO 2+ until about 95k miles. I'm still in touch with the new owner and he's still having a blast with it without issues. The worst I've had is a cylinder misfire because of the tune and having to adjust driving habits.

N52 is great, but so stale for a daily honestly. I've had an e90 and e92 328i in the past and I always craved more power. So I switched over to the dark side.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 08:41 PM   #9
cheeseforlunch
Private First Class
cheeseforlunch's Avatar
United_States
28
Rep
117
Posts

Drives: 2014 F32 435i xDrive
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesiRoc View Post
Mine had 97k miles before I sold it without any issues, but I didn't go FBO 2+ until about 95k miles. I'm still in touch with the new owner and he's still having a blast with it without issues. The worst I've had is a cylinder misfire because of the tune and having to adjust driving habits.

N52 is great, but so stale for a daily honestly. I've had an e90 and e92 328i in the past and I always craved more power. So I switched over to the dark side.
But you sold your N54 for another NA? My N52 was buttery smooth and never had a single issue. I love the tight steering of the E9x gen. Only other option is an E9x M3 like you, except I don't want to deal with inflated prices that come with M3s and M3 parts. N52 is an amazing daily and I don't really need the power. I never fully "used" my Stage 2+ N55 because it was a daily... waste of money and time, in my opinion.
__________________
Insta: @zenshorts

2014 F32 435i xDrive | MHD Stage 2+ | VRSF FMIC | VRSF DP | VRSF CP | CTS Turbo CAI | Airlift Performance 3P
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2021, 03:29 PM   #10
whyzee125
Colonel
817
Rep
2,397
Posts

Drives: Dinan stage 2 335i
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Chattanooga Tn

iTrader: (0)

Damn that sucks on the engines. N55 is absolute garbage IMO but the n55 guys on the forum still vehemently argue that there are no rod bearing issues with them lol. I owned a dream spec N55 for a while and could not sell that thing fast enough, hated the N55.

N54 IMO is a vastly better engine than N55 but can't go wrong with an NA 6mt e92. They don't make them like they used to
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2021, 09:40 AM   #11
cheeseforlunch
Private First Class
cheeseforlunch's Avatar
United_States
28
Rep
117
Posts

Drives: 2014 F32 435i xDrive
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by whyzee125 View Post
Damn that sucks on the engines. N55 is absolute garbage IMO but the n55 guys on the forum still vehemently argue that there are no rod bearing issues with them lol. I owned a dream spec N55 for a while and could not sell that thing fast enough, hated the N55.

N54 IMO is a vastly better engine than N55 but can't go wrong with an NA 6mt e92. They don't make them like they used to
Yeah that's what I don't understand... I may just give up looking for N52 and go for an N54, doubt they have as many rod bearing issues as the N55 does...
__________________
Insta: @zenshorts

2014 F32 435i xDrive | MHD Stage 2+ | VRSF FMIC | VRSF DP | VRSF CP | CTS Turbo CAI | Airlift Performance 3P
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2021, 11:08 PM   #12
alexwilcox29
Second Lieutenant
63
Rep
202
Posts

Drives: 2009 335i
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Anthem, Arizona

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeseforlunch View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesiRoc View Post
Mine had 97k miles before I sold it without any issues, but I didn't go FBO 2+ until about 95k miles. I'm still in touch with the new owner and he's still having a blast with it without issues. The worst I've had is a cylinder misfire because of the tune and having to adjust driving habits.

N52 is great, but so stale for a daily honestly. I've had an e90 and e92 328i in the past and I always craved more power. So I switched over to the dark side.
But you sold your N54 for another NA? My N52 was buttery smooth and never had a single issue. I love the tight steering of the E9x gen. Only other option is an E9x M3 like you, except I don't want to deal with inflated prices that come with M3s and M3 parts. N52 is an amazing daily and I don't really need the power. I never fully "used" my Stage 2+ N55 because it was a daily... waste of money and time, in my opinion.
Bingo! I was also on the hunt for an lci e90 m sport manual 328i

I found out that there were only like 307 imported to the us and I'm guessing that number leaves like 50 potential cars that are right spec and mileage

They are the perfect balance of reliability and feed back, sure they aren't fast but the only other option is the m3 and I'm not paying those prices at the moment

Plus more fun to drive a slow car fast!

I may end up just picking up a 328i with black interior and xenon's and going a full m sport conversion and manual swap as a daily!

Then continue to hunt down my dream e90 328
__________________
Crimson LCI E90 N54 auto - sold
Lemans LCI E92 N55 manual - current
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2021, 12:17 PM   #13
X-pertDemon
New Member
6
Rep
11
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 328i
Join Date: Nov 2021
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Hey OP, I've got this for sale: https://www.e90post.com/forums/showt...php?p=28321983
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2022, 05:33 PM   #14
ethanjoon
Major
ethanjoon's Avatar
168
Rep
1,357
Posts

Drives: E92 335xi 6MT, E90 330i 6MT
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeseforlunch View Post
Yes, I saw that. Nothing wrong with pre-LCI, I just prefer the headlights and taillights of the LCI and don't really want to go through the conversion process. I'll take another look.
I prefer the headlights of the pre-LCI E92, and tail lights of the LCI E92. Thankfully, the tail lights are easy to swap out.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2022, 01:13 PM   #15
cheeseforlunch
Private First Class
cheeseforlunch's Avatar
United_States
28
Rep
117
Posts

Drives: 2014 F32 435i xDrive
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Bump
__________________
Insta: @zenshorts

2014 F32 435i xDrive | MHD Stage 2+ | VRSF FMIC | VRSF DP | VRSF CP | CTS Turbo CAI | Airlift Performance 3P
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2022, 08:27 AM   #16
GRUESOM3
Major
GRUESOM3's Avatar
1065
Rep
1,305
Posts

Drives: 3 NA cars and 1 Turbo car
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NJ

iTrader: (4)

http://atcm.co/S2PVDP/253D8F44

Here you go. Went to see this car in person and it wasn't to my standards but you may like it and want to put the extra effort to make it perfect.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:54 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST